Close

    • Proof that Evosport is thousands in debt and soliciting customers for generation of capital

      Most of you saw that Benzboost broke the story last week on Evosport's debt and failure to deliver parts to customers. We quoted this debt as in the hundreds of thousands but now have exact up to date figures that were released by Evosport themselves. Where and why would they reveal these figures? They revealed the details in documents seeking investment from a select, hand picked group of customers in order to get money they need flowing in.

      Evosport has about $300,000 of debt with a quarter million of back orders that have not been fulfilled. They are cash strapped so they have hand picked a number of their customers to solicit for investment purposes. We have been able to get a hold of the proposal with all the details from more than one source. This investment group is being spearheaded by Jim Brady (James J. Brady of Ringler Associates) who is one of their customers. He is also a CLK63 Black Series owner and it is Black Series owners who are mostly being targeted for investment. Why Jim Brady is doing this for Evosport, we have no clue but will certainly try to find out.

      The investment documents are all detailed below. They verify that what was written previously is accurate. We now know the investment amount each customer is being asked to produce is $100k minimum. The documents are dated April 2011 so this information is as up to date as possible. Additionally, we do not know if Jim Brady has already invested as numerous sources have given us varying figures on his own commitment. It could be that he has already committed funds and that they have not been enough to pull Evosport out so other sources are being tapped.

      We feel this information is necessary to not only validate our investigative journalism, much of which was already confirmed by customers coming forward to say they had not received their parts as well as JRCART confirming his issues with Evosport, but also to warn potential investors and customers of the current situation. It is irresponsible to continue to collect money from customers who expect delivery of their parts when there are very real issues that affect if Evosport will even continue to be viable. Not to mention that Brad Otoupalik e-mailed BenzBoost with veiled threats about "slander" which this isn't, it is completely factual based on details Evosport has verified in its own documents sent out into the public. Attempting to silence this on MBworld and threaten us only caused more people to be willing to come forward in support of what BenzBoost had the courage to reveal. We will not be pushed around or intimidated by Evosport or anyone else for that matter for providing the community with the truth MBworld hides from them.

      You can verify all the information in the documents below. You can also see the questionnaire that attempts to assess just how much money the potential investor has. Evosport's fiscal information is all detailed as well as debt and pending litigation involving a damage claim to a Lamborghini. We have also been told of liens which if it becomes necessary we will look into in much further detail. Evosport is apparently in damage control mode attempting to pay off what they can which we have not been able to verify but have received some anonymous tips stating so. Additionally, one tip stated that Bob Otoupolik's credit cards have been locked but we do not know if this is true. If anyone has any information to verify this tip, do not hesitate to contact us.











      This article was originally published in forum thread: Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not delivering parts started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 493 Comments
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Not to sound like a broken record, but also as I stated in a recent post, I'm not a pawn in anyones chess game. If people are owed parts by evosport they need to speak up, I'm sure my being open and vocal about the situation did not hurt when it came down to them coming through on my stuff. I guess I somehow became the poster child for the anti-evosport movement but if I were to continue to let people think I was still being screwed over that would be A) Wrong and B) Illegal. I can tell my story and say it took them 5-6 months to get the job done but I can't keep going on and saying they are continueing to screw me when they are not.
        They are not all forum members here and it seems that they have been censored on MBW when they have spoken about it.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Personally, I want everything to do with it as fair is only fair. It is ridiculous it had to come down to this to get things done but if things are getting done I'm happy for you in particular.

        I agree 100% it's a shame things came to this and it's a shame if others are still owed parts/products or refunds. Maybe those people need to step up the pressure, I've done what I can do and that is post up my experiences.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eirebenz Click here to enlarge
        I think it's great you have resolution. I hope every other customer who was owed something by Evosport finds the same satisfaction.
        For the record, I couldn't care less about Evosport. For disclosures sakes, I've purchased from them in the past and haven't had an issue.

        I guess the point that some forum members are trying to get at here is that everything is NOT hunky-dory.
        In your heart of hearts, can you honestly say that Evosport would have resolved these issues to your satisfaction if the $#@! didn't hit the fan over the last few weeks?

        From the outside, the whole situation reeks of Evosport being backed into a corner by heavy-hitters like yourself - ultimately leading to them doing the right thing by you. And there's nothing wrong with that - your priority is to be made whole.
        Now that some people are getting your issues resolved (which is great), there's a misconception that everything's A-OK again. It's NOT.
        Evosport's recent conduct on MBW, as well as their behavior towards Sticky and Benzboost are just two of the issues in play here.

        If 1% of what you and others have claimed is true, that's reason enough to never do business with these guys again. Call it what you want, but actively and knowingly taking money from customers when they damn well know they don't have the capacity to follow through with their contractual obligations is tantamount to THEFT.
        Trying to cover the entire mess up is even worse.
        I think this is very well stated.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Like I said, I will be there on Thursday this week to get the other 10% of what is owed me. They assure me it is there. I already stated I was unhappy with the time-line. You guys need some Hooked-On-Reading CD's I think.
        I was commenting on what I believe is acceptable. We already know your stance. CD's are not necessary.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I agree 100% it's a shame things came to this and it's a shame if others are still owed parts/products or refunds. Maybe those people need to step up the pressure, I've done what I can do and that is post up my experiences.
        You are just one part of this although an important part. Unfortunately, there are others who don't know this place exists and were commenting about their own experiences on MBworld until things were closed and deleted.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I think this is very well stated.
        Am I the only one who believes receiving product months after it's ordered is not resolution? The time is anything but reasonable.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        FYI, by you guys blasting at my nut sack and crying like little b!tches about me posting that evosport has delivered on a vast majority of what I was owed it completely dis-credits this entire thread. Those of you attempting to take shots at me for posting the truth make you guys look like the biggest douchebags in the world. It makes you like like you only wanted to see a war and not customers getting what he was owed. Almost like a car accident you drive by, you see the car flipped over in the ditch and instead of being releived when you see all the passangers are OK you are angry becuase you can't see dead bodies strewn about the place.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        Am I the only one who believes receiving product months after it's ordered is not resolution? The time is anything but reasonable.
        Wow dude, you need to get a hobby brush up on your reading comprehension skills. FOR THE LAST TIME, I WAS NOT PLEASED WITH THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TOOK FOR THEM TO COMPLETE THE PROJECT HOWEVER THEY HAVE NOW DELIVERED ON A MAJORITY OF WHAT WAS OWED TO ME. Ever heard the term "don't cry over spilled milk"?

        Let me paint you a pic that you might better understand, you lend your freind Joey $10k, he says he will pay you back in 2 months. After a couple months he asks for a 1 month extension, you say fine. That month comes and goes and still no payment from your buddy Joey....so you start complaining to everyone you know that "joey" owes you $10k....finally like 5 months later your buddy pays you back, what are you gonna say at that point? He paid up are you gonna still go around and tell people "Joey owes you $10k"? If you do you will look like a bigger douchbag than Joey, right? You might tell people, don't ever lend money to Joey because he is a slow payer, but you are not gonna keep saying he owes you $10k
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Wow dude, you need to get a hobby brush up on your reading comprehension skills. FOR THE LAST TIME, I WAS NOT PLEASED WITH THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TOOK FOR THEM TO COMPLETE THE PROJECT HOWEVER THEY HAVE NOW DELIVERED ON A MAJORITY OF WHAT WAS OWED TO ME. Ever heard the term "don't cry over spilled milk"?

        Let me paint you a pic that you might better understand, you lend your freind Joey $10k, he says he will pay you back in 2 months. After a couple months he asks for a 1 month extension, you say fine. That month comes and goes and still no payment from your buddy Joey....so you start complaining to everyone you know that "joey" owes you $10k....finally like 5 months later your buddy pays you back, what are you gonna say at that point? He paid up are you gonna still go around and tell people "Joey owes you $10k"? If you do you will look like a bigger douchbag than Joey, right? You might tell people, don't ever lend money to Joey because he is a slow payer, but you are not gonna keep saying he owes you $10k
        Once again, you are not the only Evosport customer. How many people who ordered pullies from them waited months and nothing? My reading comprehension is just fine. You've taken the position that we've made you the anti-evosport poster child. It's not all about you, bro. You're crying that we've turned you into some kind of pariah. I just hope you don't become Evosport's scapegoat. "We came through with JRCART. Check the forum thread for yourself. Don't worry, your product will arrive soon." But, you're right. If they come through all is kosher. I guess contracts are pointless.

        What you don't understand is that if it was only you who was having an issue with Evosport, this wouldn't even be a first page topic on the forum. When only one person has an issue with a company, many times it's the customer who causes the issues. This isn't one of those situations.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        Once again, you are not the only Evosport customer. How many people who ordered pullies from them waited months and nothing? My reading comprehension is just fine. You've taken the position that we've made you the anti-evosport poster child. It's not all about you, bro. You're crying that we've turned you into some kind of pariah. I just hope you don't become Evosport's scapegoat. "We came through with JRCART. Check the forum thread for yourself. Don't worry, your product will arrive soon." But, you're right. If they come through all is kosher. I guess contracts are pointless.

        What you don't understand is that if it was only you who was having an issue with Evosport, this wouldn't even be a first page topic on the forum. When only one person has an issue with a company, many times it's the customer who causes the issues. This isn't one of those situations.
        ONCE AGAIN I CAN NOT SPEAK FOR ALL OF THOSE OTHER CUSTOMERS YOU MENTION. I KNOW THERE ARE OTHER CUSTOMERS, SOME OF THEM HAVE CONTACTED ME VIA PM AND EMAIL. I HAVE NEVER ONCE POSTED THAT EVOSPORT HAS DELIVERED ON EVERY ITEM OWED OR ON BACKORDER, I HAVE NO IDEA OR INSIDE INFORMATION THEREFORE I WILL NOT LOOK IGNORANT BY ATTEMPTING TO COMMENT ON SOMETHING OF WHICH I HAVE NO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE OF, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE SOME OF THAT ADVICE YOURSELF.

        I promised BenzBoost and update to my situation, I have upheld that part of the bargain. If anything changes for better or worse you can rest assured that I will post it.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        Once again, you are not the only Evosport customer. How many people who ordered pullies from them waited months and nothing? My reading comprehension is just fine. You've taken the position that we've made you the anti-evosport poster child. It's not all about you, bro. You're crying that we've turned you into some kind of pariah. I just hope you don't become Evosport's scapegoat. "We came through with JRCART. Check the forum thread for yourself. Don't worry, your product will arrive soon." But, you're right. If they come through all is kosher. I guess contracts are pointless.

        What you don't understand is that if it was only you who was having an issue with Evosport, this wouldn't even be a first page topic on the forum. When only one person has an issue with a company, many times it's the customer who causes the issues. This isn't one of those situations.
        BTW, what does evosport owe you? You have not mentioned that or if you have I must have missed it.
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        FYI, by you guys blasting at my nut sack and crying like little b!tches about me posting that evosport has delivered on a vast majority of what I was owed it completely dis-credits this entire thread. Those of you attempting to take shots at me for posting the truth make you guys look like the biggest douchebags in the world. It makes you like like you only wanted to see a war and not customers getting what he was owed. Almost like a car accident you drive by, you see the car flipped over in the ditch and instead of being releived when you see all the passangers are OK you are angry becuase you can't see dead bodies strewn about the place.
        Actually your posts in this thread put together make you look like the biggest douchebag in the world.

        Benzboost, meet the real JRCART. "I am epic win"
      1. JBond's Avatar
        JBond -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge

        Let me paint you a pic that you might better understand, you lend your freind Joey $10k, he says he will pay you back in 2 months. After a couple months he asks for a 1 month extension, you say fine. That month comes and goes and still no payment from your buddy Joey....so you start complaining to everyone you know that "joey" owes you $10k....finally like 5 months later your buddy pays you back, what are you gonna say at that point? He paid up are you gonna still go around and tell people "Joey owes you $10k"? If you do you will look like a bigger douchbag than Joey, right? You might tell people, don't ever lend money to Joey because he is a slow payer, but you are not gonna keep saying he owes you $10k
        Perhaps the problem us douchebags are having as far as associating with your latest claims is that we don't think of shops in terms of personal friends, they are businesses we pay to perform services. Click here to enlarge
      1. Karo's Avatar
        Karo -
        Parts weren't being delivered, finally everything went public now parts got delivered to the main player and now they had a mutual agreement not to talk $#@! anymore?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        Am I the only one who believes receiving product months after it's ordered is not resolution? The time is anything but reasonable.
        No you are not but clearly it took this being exposed to get them to move. It isn't acceptable, it is only better than nothing.

        Who knows if they will fall back into it and furthermore have all customers been taken care of just the ones that are vocal and well known?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        FYI, by you guys blasting at my nut sack and crying like little b!tches about me posting that evosport has delivered on a vast majority of what I was owed it completely dis-credits this entire thread. Those of you attempting to take shots at me for posting the truth make you guys look like the biggest douchebags in the world. It makes you like like you only wanted to see a war and not customers getting what he was owed. Almost like a car accident you drive by, you see the car flipped over in the ditch and instead of being releived when you see all the passangers are OK you are angry becuase you can't see dead bodies strewn about the place.
        Jim, I don't really understand why you are grouping everyone together. How many times do I have to say please go ahead and state your experience from start to finish?

        Last I checked, when you had problems MBworld and your friends at Evosport who after 6 months did not do anything deleted, closed, and covered the whole situation up. You were upset about this and thought it was ridiculous. I went out out on a limb for you and every other customer they did not deliver parts to because it was the right thing to do and now that you are getting what you should have gotten all along it seems like you are getting upset because some individuals pointed out a change in your tone.

        Jim, I respect you, and guarantee you that you are more than free to state EVERYTHING that took place from start to finish. So, I don't understand why you seem to be looking at this with a narrow focus. From the beginning, I have contacted you and made sure everything posted was inline with your thoughts on the matter. So now, after Weistec has taken care of you (not Evosport) and Evosport had no choice but to deliver what was owed to you, you seem to be not as adamant in your criticism.

        As a matter of fact, I felt so strongly about the fact that Weistec took care of you despite the fact Evosport had not paid them what was owed well over the set schedule (until recently I believe) that I said I had so much respect for how Weistec treated you I would be more than glad to put up ANYTHING regarding your project despite them not being a vendor. I even made sure to put up the details on the front page as well as tweet it out so that Weistec got the exposure it deserved for doing the right thing. I received no monetary compensation as MBworld would no doubt demand from a vendor, I did this as a favor because I believe there are more important things than money (like integrity) and that it was the right thing to do. I am amazed that Weistec has been able to do in days what Evosport had months to do. I believe this is worthy of respect and why I would gladly sacrifice sponsorship fees to make sure it is known. Would you really forget this so quickly?

        It's fine, look, no hard feelings or anything like that. I'm calling up Famoso to see if you can get your track time and I respect you for having the courage to come forward to say what was going on when many others did not. We are all friends here, no need for any animosity. Personally, I'm surprised Brad whom I have always treated well would take such despicable tactics with my family and myself. We are car guys, no need for this. What matters is people getting what they paid for. I guess late is better than never. You are a piece of this puzzle, not the whole thing. Please don't forget people stood up on your behalf.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        BTW, what does evosport owe you? You have not mentioned that or if you have I must have missed it.
        I've never done business with Evosport. I've also never invested with Bernie Madoff. I don't see how that makes the situation any less prominent.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Jim, I don't really understand why you are grouping everyone together. How many times do I have to say please go ahead and state your experience from start to finish?

        Last I checked, when you had problems MBworld and your friends at Evosport who after 6 months did not do anything deleted, closed, and covered the whole situation up. You were upset about this and thought it was ridiculous. I went out out on a limb for you and every other customer they did not deliver parts to because it was the right thing to do and now that you are getting what you should have gotten all along it seems like you are getting upset because some individuals pointed out a change in your tone.

        Jim, I respect you, and guarantee you that you are more than free to state EVERYTHING that took place from start to finish. So, I don't understand why you seem to be looking at this with a narrow focus. From the beginning, I have contacted you and made sure everything posted was inline with your thoughts on the matter. So now, after Weistec has taken care of you (not Evosport) and Evosport had no choice but to deliver what was owed to you, you seem to be not as adamant in your criticism.

        As a matter of fact, I felt so strongly about the fact that Weistec took care of you despite the fact Evosport had not paid them what was owed well over the set schedule (until recently I believe) that I said I had so much respect for how Weistec treated you I would be more than glad to put up ANYTHING regarding your project despite them not being a vendor. I even made sure to put up the details on the front page as well as tweet it out so that Weistec got the exposure it deserved for doing the right thing. I received no monetary compensation as MBworld would no doubt demand from a vendor, I did this as a favor because I believe there are more important things than money (like integrity) and that it was the right thing to do. I am amazed that Weistec has been able to do in days what Evosport had months to do. I believe this is worthy of respect and why I would gladly sacrifice sponsorship fees to make sure it is known. Would you really forget this so quickly?

        It's fine, look, no hard feelings or anything like that. I'm calling up Famoso to see if you can get your track time and I respect you for having the courage to come forward to say what was going on when many others did not. We are all friends here, no need for any animosity. Personally, I'm surprised Brad whom I have always treated well would take such despicable tactics with my family and myself. We are car guys, no need for this. What matters is people getting what they paid for. I guess late is better than never. You are a piece of this puzzle, not the whole thing. Please don't forget people stood up on your behalf.
        Why are you guys acting like I am brushing this under the rug? They have delivered on most of what was promised me and everything else should be cleared up when I arrive there this week. It is obvious that you all want me to continue to crucify evosport but I dont opereate that way. I suggest that you convince all of these other people that are owrd somethinh from evosport to speak up, I did my part, I told my story. You guys are beating a dead horse with me, everyone knows my evosport story and everyone knows Weistec finished the SC install, as soon as I get the car back from Weistec and get in on the track I plan on an entire thread praising Steve and everyone at Weistec and their vendors that jumped through hoips and got the car done in a very short period of time. I have aleady touched on that fact in threads both here and on MBW and I have not forgotten nor will I be giving any of that credit to evosport.

        You guys seem to be missing the picture and I am getting sick of explaining myself. You all preach about honesty and wanting whats best for the customers who have been waiting months for product and I post that everything is getting cleared up an you kick me in the nuts for it FYI, a couple people posted here and on MBW this week that they recieved their pulley and brake rotors this week after months of waiting so I am not the only person they have finally delivered with. Go bust their balls for admitting evosport delivered.

        I am done posting on this board because the strong arming over here is really no different than MBW fron what
        I can see in the pasy 24 hours or so. I thought this place was different, guess I was wrong.
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        Too bad I was interested in the Evosport rotors for my C63. Word of mouth-eek!
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Why are you guys acting like I am brushing this under the rug? They have delivered on most of what was promised me and everything else should be cleared up when I arrive there this week. It is obvious that you all want me to continue to crucify evosport but I dont opereate that way. I suggest that you convince all of these other people that are owrd somethinh from evosport to speak up, I did my part, I told my story. You guys are beating a dead horse with me, everyone knows my evosport story and everyone knows Weistec finished the SC install, as soon as I get the car back from Weistec and get in on the track I plan on an entire thread praising Steve and everyone at Weistec and their vendors that jumped through hoips and got the car done in a very short period of time. I have aleady touched on that fact in threads both here and on MBW and I have not forgotten nor will I be giving any of that credit to evosport.

        You guys seem to be missing the picture and I am getting sick of explaining myself. You all preach about honesty and wanting whats best for the customers who have been waiting months for product and I post that everything is getting cleared up an you kick me in the nuts for it FYI, a couple people posted here and on MBW this week that they recieved their pulley and brake rotors this week after months of waiting so I am not the only person they have finally delivered with. Go bust their balls for admitting evosport delivered.

        I am done posting on this board because the strong arming over here is really no different than MBW fron what
        I can see in the pasy 24 hours or so. I thought this place was different, guess I was wrong.
        Nobody is strong arming you. In fact, Sticky is telling you to post your experiences. What we're all posting is our own opinions and they happen to differ from yours. It seems that you want to finally wash your hands with the situation, because you're about to receive the last of what is promised to you. I don't work that way, sir. When businesses do not perform on their obligation (that includes the time prescribed by contract) not to only one, but many customers, they deserve all the negative exposure they get.

        Do you know why businesses practice that way? Because nobody does anything about it. They think they can treat consumers however they want with no recourse. That doesn't sit well with me.