• Inside look at VS Motorsports in Schaumburg Illinois courtesy of BimmerBoost member flipm3, great photos

      As many may already know, I get pretty much all my work done at VS Motorsports. They are a local race and service shop in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. Although they work on pretty much all makes and models, I can't help but notice their expertise and commitment to any car that wears a BMW badge. They daily drive BMWs. They service BMWs. They race BMWs. Not only do they have extremely knowledgable and experienced technicians, but every single member of the VS Motorsports team has automotive advice that carries weight.

      They aren't like many other shops that just recommends things out of catalog. They recommend products, parts, and car setup based of their first hand experience on the race track and street. It goes to show why many local NASA and SCCA racers specifically choose VS Motorsports for alignments, service, track side car setup, and inspection.


      Well I spent my morning at the shop getting some maintenance done on my car. I realized that I haven't picked up my camera in ages, so here's an inside look of VS Motorsports. They say photos are worth a thousand words, so hopefully you all can admire the high standard and level of work they do.


      Enjoy!



      A nice welcoming entrance to their shop






      Part of their display case in the waiting room



      An entertaining waiting area for their clients



      XBOX 360 + Recaro + TV = You do the math!






      VS Motorsports is an Authorized Dealer for WeatherTech, the best floor mats in the industry!



      E46 M3 CF Headlight Covers



      Bimmerworld E46 M3 Brake Ducts



      Motion Control Suspension 2Way Rear Damper



      Moton Suspension 2Way Rear Damper



      VS Motorsports E92 M3 Race Car



      E92 M3 Subframe...BEEFY!



      E92 M3 JRZ 3Way Rear Damper












      VS Motorsports representing on their own roll cage





















      VS Motorsports E46 M3 Race Car back from it's chemical bath



      VS Motorsports stitch welding the whole chassis!



      VS Motorsports own roll cage in their E46 M3









      Nascar bars!



      Client's BMW E30 with Euro S50B32 and cage!






      VS Motorsports Evo VIII Race Car



      Client's BMW E36 M3 with Euro S50B32



      Kromer Kraft Headers!









      VS Motorsport's Manager's E46 M3






      Real and original Brembo GTR Calipers!



      Brembo Type III Rotors!



      OE BMW E46 M3 CSL CF Roof



      Authentic Flossman!















      Client's Toyota Supra MkIV on CCWs






      My car getting new wheel bearings






      Fancy KW V3s with Competition Valving



      Client's E46 M3



      Believe or not, there are stock E46 M3s here too!



      E46 M3 Rear Subframe



      VS Motorsport's Owner, Kris, working his fabrication magic



      More Evo goodness









      NAWWWZZZZZZ









      VS Motorsport work bench, of course with an Apple iMac



      A friend's E46 M3 with an ESS VT2-550!



      The parking lot on a normal day filled with race cars and other client cars!






















































      VS Motorsport's, Kenny's, amazingly mint E39 M5






      VS Motorsport custom E39 M5 exhaust!



      Zima Motorsports!



      VS Motorsports Trailer



      And this was just a short inside look of VS Motorsports!



      Thanks for checking out the pics!
      Comments 22 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I'm blown away man. Not only by all the awesome cars but how good of a job you did on this post.

        Great descriptions and pictures all centered. I may even out this on the front page. Good job!
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm blown away man. Not only by all the awesome cars but how good of a job you did on this post.

        Great descriptions and pictures all centered. I may even out this on the front page. Good job!
        Thanks Sticky! I really appreciate the compliments.

        The best part is that none of this was planned. I just stopped by shop to get some stuff fixed on my car and I happened to have my camera with me, so I took some snaps as a break from doing my own work. It was complete candid coverage of the shop. They didn't do any extra cleaning or purposely try to bring in high end cars. Every single day I've been at VS Motorsports, it is always filled with insane builds. I am very fortunate to have them close by to home.

        The guys at VS Motorsports are very low key and under the radar. They don't sponsor too many forums. They don't really advertise that much. They work really hard doing the week, race during the weekends, and word just naturally spreads about them. It's been a lot of fun to see this shop grow so much in the years I have been going to them.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        Thanks Sticky! I really appreciate the compliments.

        The best part is that none of this was planned. I just stopped by shop to get some stuff fixed on my car and I happened to have my camera with me, so I took some snaps as a break from doing my own work. It was complete candid coverage of the shop. They didn't do any extra cleaning or purposely try to bring in high end cars. Every single day I've been at VS Motorsports, it is always filled with insane builds. I am very fortunate to have them close by to home.

        The guys at VS Motorsports are very low key and under the radar. They don't sponsor too many forums. They don't really advertise that much. They work really hard doing the week, race during the weekends, and word just naturally spreads about them. It's been a lot of fun to see this shop grow so much in the years I have been going to them.
        You earned them with your post.

        I've seen them in a few spots just wasn't sure what kind of service they offered.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You earned them with your post.

        I've seen them in a few spots just wasn't sure what kind of service they offered.
        They really are a great shop. They do pretty much everything! Their main focus is BMW Service and Parts Installation, Suspension Setup, and Fabrication. Some clients also source them as track side support and setup.

        They do some body work too. VS Motorsports will be installing my OE CSL CF Roof sometime this month.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        You can view the page at http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...My-Inside-Look
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Promoted to the front page.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Great shop indeed! and nice post!
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        Thanks for the walkthrough! looks like they do great work!
      1. dreikraft's Avatar
        dreikraft -
        for some reason i thought it was going to see the inside of vs motor.

        didn't read the part about it being in the chicago area....

        pretty cool shop nonetheless. thx for posting
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
        JAWS Motorsport -
        They should sell JAWS Motorsport Supercharger kits for the Euro M3 3,2 clients Click here to enlarge 458whp Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
        They should sell JAWS Motorsport Supercharger kits for the Euro M3 3,2 clients Click here to enlarge 458whp Click here to enlarge
        Haha I don't think they have too many Euro 3.2 clients though!
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
        JAWS Motorsport -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Haha I don't think they have too many Euro 3.2 clients though!
        i saw 2, good enough for me Click here to enlarge
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        I'm glad you guys enjoyed some of the photos. The next time I'm there, I'll try to take a few more snaps Click here to enlarge

        Believe it or not, I hear that there are quite a few Euro S50B32 motors in the Illinois area. There is a local guy here who is pretty well known in the E36 engine swap community and he has done a few Euro Motor and S54 swaps into E36s. Pretty neat stuff.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        I'm glad you guys enjoyed some of the photos. The next time I'm there, I'll try to take a few more snaps Click here to enlarge

        Believe it or not, I hear that there are quite a few Euro S50B32 motors in the Illinois area. There is a local guy here who is pretty well known in the E36 engine swap community and he has done a few Euro Motor and S54 swaps into E36s. Pretty neat stuff.
        Well if that is the case maybe VS would be interested in carrying the JAWS Motorsport supercharger.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Sorry to bump this but many of you likely know that these guys are no longer in business, just passing the word.
      1. brokenm3's Avatar
        brokenm3 -
        Damn, i guess i lost my track day which i won awhile back. Either way sad to see such a great shop going under.
        Attachment 25628
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Sorry to bump this but many of you likely know that these guys are no longer in business, just passing the word.
        This happen recently? Cause their website is still up & they were Evolve's US dealer
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        This happen recently? Cause their website is still up & they were Evolve's US dealer
        Fairly recently.
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        Damn! What happened?
      1. Black Sheep's Avatar
        Black Sheep -
        Word's not out yet as to what happen, Building and equipment is all for sale.