Close

    • Rendering preview of the C207 E-Class coupe facelift

      Mercedes-Benz recently revealed the facelifted W212 E-Class for the 2014 model year and naturally the C207 coupe will be receiving similar treatment. The renderings below give an idea of what the coupe will look like which is obviously very similar to the facelifted sedan. The coupe seemingly looking better with the facelift however. Changes to the E-Class coupe will likely mostly be cosmetic although it may also get the diesel hybrid powertrain.

      What Mercedes-Benz really should offer in the facelift is an E63 AMG model based on the coupe already. Only the sedan gets the treatment and lighter coupe with the M157 Twin Turbo 5.5 liter V8 would be one of the strongest cars in the AMG lineup. It is likely because it would step on so many toes and be such a great value that it is not currently produces. Odd, considering the CLK which this is the spiritual successor of did receive AMG variants. Hopefully Mercedes-Benz decided an E63 AMG Coupe is good for business.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Rendering preview of the C207 E-Class coupe facelift started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 6 Comments
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Don't like the look of it, that little rear side window looks to audish....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Don't like the look of it, that little rear side window looks to audish....
        Looks fine. I wish they didn't mess with it but what I really want to see is an E63 AMG Coupe.
      1. Remonster's Avatar
        Remonster -
        I wish they would just make an E63 coupe, too, but I think the problem comes from the fact that the E coupe rides on a C class chassis. Maybe Mercedes' thinking is that the TT V8 is too powerful for the C class chassis (or maybe it just won't fit?) and they decided against having different motors for the E coupe and sedan.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
        I wish they would just make an E63 coupe, too, but I think the problem comes from the fact that the E coupe rides on a C class chassis. Maybe Mercedes' thinking is that the TT V8 is too powerful for the C class chassis (or maybe it just won't fit?) and they decided against having different motors for the E coupe and sedan.
        Don't they have a 63 in the C? Black Series even?

        It isn't too powerful, it's lineup protection.
      1. Remonster's Avatar
        Remonster -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Don't they have a 63 in the C? Black Series even?

        It isn't too powerful, it's lineup protection.
        The C63 and Black Series are using the N/A motor, I was assuming the newer TT V8 needs more space or maybe it weighs more or something. I was really just thinking out loud, I don't actually know.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
        The C63 and Black Series are using the N/A motor, I was assuming the newer TT V8 needs more space or maybe it weighs more or something. I was really just thinking out loud, I don't actually know.
        It definitely will require more space but Mercedes just seems opposed to making an AMG version of this car. Keep in mind they already put the M278 Twin Turbo V8 in it and the M157 is basically the same design.

        With the previous generation CLK they didn't do the CLK63 AMG in a coupe until the Black Series. Their concern is likely a car that costs a lot less than the others yet outperforms them.

        I think it's time for an E63 AMG Coupe. They did the C63 AMG coupe...