• Official: Weistec M157 bi-turbo 5.5 liter AMG V8 turbo upgrade, downpipes, and exhaust officially launched with specs, pictures, and pricing

      Here it officially is and what many of you have been waiting for, the Weistec M157 bi-turbo upgrades including upgraded turbos, exhaust, and downpipes. Many of you have already seen the power figures as these upgrades powered the M157 to a new horsepower record with 727 at the wheels and also were seen in real world action at the recent No Fly Zone event showing impressive performance against stout competition including Wesitec's own Stage III M156 supercharger.

      Let's start with the turbo upgrade which is priced at $8,495:


      Key Features:


      • 5 Axis CNC Machined
      • High RPM Balanced for perfection operation
      • 53+ Lbs/min compressor flow
      • Includes Updated ECU Calibration
      • 100% Bolt on installtion
      • All hardware and gaskets are included
      • 730 WHP, 730 WTQ, with supporting upgrades


      Supported Platforms


      • 2012-Present CLS63 AMG
      • 2012-Present E63 AMG (Sedan and Wagon)
      • 2012-Present S63 AMG
      • 2012-Present CL63 AMG
      • 2012-Present ML63 AMG
      • 2013-Present SL63 AMG
      • 2013-Present G63 AMG


      Pictures:













      Now onto the downpipes which are available also for the M278 V8 along with the M157. The downpipe upgrade includes test pipes and midpipes along with a heat shield, gaskets, and associated hardware. Pricing is $4,795 and they are titanium ceramic coated on the outside with copper ceramic coating on the inside. The midpipes bolt right up to the downpipes and also the factory axle-back system for seamless installation.

      Key Features:


      • 100% mandrel bent and TIG welded
      • Constructed of low carbon 304 Stainless Steel
      • Stainless steel heat shields offer the Weistec look and function
      • Easy bolt-on solution
      • Improves exhaust note


      Supported Platforms


      • 2012-Present CLS550 / CLS63 AMG
      • 2012-Present E550 / E63 AMG (Sedan and Wagon)
      • Extended Support Coming Soon


      Pictures:





















































      Congratulations to Weistec for their pioneering of turbo and downpipe upgrades and offering these so quickly in the M157 engine lifespan well before anyone else.

      Additionally, this is not the end of upgrades to come from Weistec for this motor. Stay tuned, plenty more in the pipeline. Congratulations and well done once again, quite the standard being set.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec Turbo Upgrade and downpipes-Official started by Jacob502 View original post
      Comments 104 Comments
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT2 Click here to enlarge
        In my opinion you are paying the TAX of owning a Mercedes Benz, that’s it.
        Look for any US car for example the new generation Camaro, it is a new design but the aftermarket parts for it not expensive, like the exhaust, catback and the headers.
        You paid 100K for your Mercedes so you are willing to pay $5000 for 2 small pieces of pipes.
        This is simply not true either....look up the word AMORTIZATION. Surely the guy with the MBA knows this word. Comparing the aftermarket for a Camaro or Mustang and an AMG is like comparing sunlight to moonlight, they build hundreds of thousands of Mustangs compared to thousands or tens of thousands of AMGs. Furthermore the market of AMG customers that are going to "tune" their cars is even smaller yet. R&D costs get amortized over a production life of a product. A company making headers for a Mustang might be able to amortize their R&D and tooling/fixturing costs over say 10,000 sets of headers as where a company building headers for an AMG has to amortize those same expenses over just 1,000 sets(if that)of headers.

        It is rather alarming how little some of you guys know about this stuff but you are all so quick to chime in and be experts.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        I guess they do need to keep the lights on considering the low volumes produced. Surely it can be made cheaper and the margins are great but I guess the margins over the volumes only cover so much of the expenses. I wouldn't say its a tax per say but rather a cost of modifying low production cars and someone that does modify a car link that neither saves for it nor is too concerned with the price.
        BINGO! You get it, do you have an MBA?
      1. nawlinstornado's Avatar
        nawlinstornado -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Not a personal attack whatsoever, just making an observation. You stated in an earlier post that you feel Weistecs products are over priced, did you not? I am just pointing out that that statement is 100% inaccurate and gave you two examples. You are the one that keeps talking about all your R&D experience and you brought up your MBA, surely someone with an MBA would be able to do a quick Google query to find ou that price information on their own and would not rely on someone like myself with a lowly HS education to bring those facts to light. I am not trting to be a dick, but you are posting things that are just simply untrue.
        Actually, NO, I NEVER POSTED THAT WEISTEC PRODUCTS ARE OVERPRICED!!!! Please re-read if you disagree. I have only commented on one product, and that one product is the down-pip/mid-pipe combo for $4700! I have made no general statements about Weistec that weren't positive.
      1. nawlinstornado's Avatar
        nawlinstornado -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I am not trting to be a dick,
        But you're succeeding. Click here to enlarge)
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge

        Personal opinion: I'm more concerned with function than looks. While I find Weistec's product to be fabulous, I wouldn't consider it to be a good value. I'll wait for some competition in the market before committing to any down/mid-pipes.
        This statement looks to me like you are calling Weistec's product overpriced...You said Weistec product is "not a good value". If you are not calling it overpriced please explain comment above.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
        But you're succeeding. Click here to enlarge)
        Succeeding in making you look foolish perhaps. Keep going, I can show you a me being a dick.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Succeeding in making you look foolish perhaps. Keep going, I can show you a me being a dick.
        Gawd don't let JRCart show his dick again...still haven't recovered from last time...you made that coke an feel so inadequate!
      1. nawlinstornado's Avatar
        nawlinstornado -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        This statement looks to me like you are calling Weistec's product overpriced...You said Weistec product is "not a good value". If you are not calling it overpriced please explain comment above.
        Sure. Here's how I'm looking at it:

        1. Weistec M157 Turbo upgrade kit, good for ~200hp? For $8500? $42.50/hp
        2. Weistec Tune - not sure of the price, but you said lower than RENNtech. Let's assume high-end of $2500? Yields maybe 50-60hp? That's $42-$50/hp.
        3. Weistec downpip/midpipe, good for maybe 20hp? At $4700? That's $235/hp.

        Again, I think Weistec is a good company with quality products. But even within their own product line-up, the pipes cost more than 4x per HP compared to their other mods.
      1. nawlinstornado's Avatar
        nawlinstornado -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Succeeding in making you look foolish perhaps. Keep going, I can show you a me being a dick.
        Yes, you certainly have made me look foolish. In fact, you've made your argument so well that:

        1. I now accept that, in addition to the previously acknowledged quality, all Weistec products are of the greatest value possible, regardless of application context or personal values. In fact, I'm not only going to order the downpipes/midpipes, but also the turbo upgrade kit. The snails won't actually fit my car, so I guess I'll have them mounted on my wall. But with the kind of value they offer, they'll at least make me a better person for owning them. I'm even going to recommend them to my buddy. They'll look great mounted in the "frunk" of his Tesla.

        2. I understand that it was moronic to evaluate a product price based on my own needs or desires. From now on, I'll ensure that any opinion I express is either a regurgitation of marketing material or based on your input. I don't want to ever look so foolish again. In fact, would you mind if I PM you with any future opinions before I post so that I can avoid such embarrassment in the future? I'd really appreciate it.

        Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience my comments have caused you. I really don't want you show your "dick" side.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
        Sure. Here's how I'm looking at it:

        1. Weistec M157 Turbo upgrade kit, good for ~200hp? For $8500? $42.50/hp
        2. Weistec Tune - not sure of the price, but you said lower than RENNtech. Let's assume high-end of $2500? Yields maybe 50-60hp? That's $42-$50/hp.
        3. Weistec downpip/midpipe, good for maybe 20hp? At $4700? That's $235/hp.

        Again, I think Weistec is a good company with quality products. But even within their own product line-up, the pipes cost more than 4x per HP compared to their other mods.
        Once again your bright MBA having ass should realize the differences in overhead costs on a simple tune(no raw materials required) and raw material and labor costs on a stainless steel machined, bent, welded, copper and titanium coated down pipe????

        YOU ARE A $#@!ING IDIOT MAN! GO TOUT YOUR SORRY MBA HOLDING CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU OBVIOULSY SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS WITH THAT DEGREE BECAUSE I CAN NOT SEE HOW A PERSON WITH YOUR MEAGER BRAIN POWER MADE IT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.

        P.S....Lower your $#@!ing car and inch ot two, it looks ridiculous....or are you going to $#@! about the cost of springs too?
      1. nawlinstornado's Avatar
        nawlinstornado -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Once again your bright MBA having ass should realize the differences in overhead costs on a simple tune(no raw materials required) and raw material and labor costs on a stainless steel machined, bent, welded, copper and titanium coated down pipe????
        So....there are no raw material or labor costs in the turbo kits? Interesting. Did the Keebler elves leave them at Weistec's doorstep for free? Do you think I could go direct to them and get a discount? $8500 for garage-wall art is a little steep.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        YOU ARE A $#@!ING IDIOT MAN! GO TOUT YOUR SORRY MBA HOLDING CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU OBVIOULSY SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS WITH THAT DEGREE BECAUSE I CAN NOT SEE HOW A PERSON WITH YOUR MEAGER BRAIN POWER MADE IT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.
        Yep, I'm an idiot. Thanks for telling me. I'm too stupid to have figured it out for myself. Good looking out, man.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        P.S....Lower your $#@!ing car and inch ot two, it looks ridiculous....or are you going to $#@! about the cost of springs too?
        Absolutely, boss. I need to make sure you're happy, so I'll make that happen ASAP. Which kit would you prefer I use? Should I go with coil-overs? Since you're offering advice, what wheels should I put on my car? I'm assuming the ones I have aren't up to your standards and will need to be replaced.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
        Since you're offering advice, what wheels should I put on my car? I'm assuming the ones I have aren't up to your standards and will need to be replaced.
        Suprisingly enough the BMW CSL style wheels don't look too bad on your car.
      1. GT2's Avatar
        GT2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        This is simply not true either....look up the word AMORTIZATION. Surely the guy with the MBA knows this word. Comparing the aftermarket for a Camaro or Mustang and an AMG is like comparing sunlight to moonlight, they build hundreds of thousands of Mustangs compared to thousands or tens of thousands of AMGs. Furthermore the market of AMG customers that are going to "tune" their cars is even smaller yet. R&D costs get amortized over a production life of a product. A company making headers for a Mustang might be able to amortize their R&D and tooling/fixturing costs over say 10,000 sets of headers as where a company building headers for an AMG has to amortize those same expenses over just 1,000 sets(if that)of headers.

        It is rather alarming how little some of you guys know about this stuff but you are all so quick to chime in and be experts.
        Com'on, do you mean making the DP cost them lets say $100k and they want to cover it with that price?
        I don't think they are new in the market and they don't know how to do the right job from the first time, it is only a DP not rocket sicence.
        Same stock turbo modifications for the Porsche will cost you around $5000, but for the Mercedes it will cost $8000, can some one tell me why?

        I know their products are one of the best, but i can't beleive in your theory.

        Also while you talking economicaly, if you sell more parts you will make more money, with high price how many customer will jump and buy it with that price?

        This is my point of view maybe im wrong or maybe i'm right.
      1. nawlinstornado's Avatar
        nawlinstornado -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT2 Click here to enlarge
        ... it is only a DP not rocket sicence.
        WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! It's absolutely rocket science, man! There are thousands and thousands of hours spent by rocket science PhDs to design this technological innovation that had never been done before. I even heard Stephen Hawking, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Bill Nye were called in on this one, and they ain't cheap.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT2 Click here to enlarge
        Same stock turbo modifications for the Porsche will cost you around $5000, but for the Mercedes it will cost $8000, can some one tell me why?
        It's Weistec, man! Don't question it, just hand over your wallet. And don't you ever dare to make price comparisons - they aren't allowed, even between Weistec products. See above and you'll understand.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT2 Click here to enlarge
        I know their products are one of the best...
        Not one of....THE BEST!

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT2 Click here to enlarge
        Also while you talking economicaly, if you sell more parts you will make more money, with high price how many customer will jump and buy it with that price?
        Economics is a bunch of mumbo jumbo and do not apply to Weistec products.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT2 Click here to enlarge
        This is my point of view maybe im wrong or maybe i'm right.
        Definitely wrong. Click here to enlarge
      1. mramg1's Avatar
        mramg1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
        WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! It's absolutely rocket science, man! There are thousands and thousands of hours spent by rocket science PhDs to design this technological innovation that had never been done before. I even heard Stephen Hawking, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Bill Nye were called in on this one, and they ain't cheap.



        It's Weistec, man! Don't question it, just hand over your wallet. And don't you ever dare to make price comparisons - they aren't allowed, even between Weistec products. See above and you'll understand.



        Not one of....THE BEST!



        Economics is a bunch of mumbo jumbo and do not apply to Weistec products.



        Definitely wrong. Click here to enlarge
        Nice sense of humor my friend. I could buy you a beerClick here to enlarge

        PS: before special people rep me, I do think Weistec is the LEAD animal in this game. However, you pay to be the animals lunch, LOL
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
        WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! It's absolutely rocket science, man! There are thousands and thousands of hours spent by rocket science PhDs to design this technological innovation that had never been done before. I even heard Stephen Hawking, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Bill Nye were called in on this one, and they ain't cheap.



        It's Weistec, man! Don't question it, just hand over your wallet. And don't you ever dare to make price comparisons - they aren't allowed, even between Weistec products. See above and you'll understand.



        Not one of....THE BEST!



        Economics is a bunch of mumbo jumbo and do not apply to Weistec products.



        Definitely wrong. Click here to enlarge
        Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded.
      1. nawlinstornado's Avatar
        nawlinstornado -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded.
        • Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes From the Underground (1864)
        Sarcasm and compassion are two of the qualities that make life on earth tolerable.
        Nick Hornby, Songbook (2003)
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        My quote is older Click here to enlarge
      1. nawlinstornado's Avatar
        nawlinstornado -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        My quote is older Click here to enlarge
        Oh, so you're an age-ist, eh? I can decide which response I like better, so I'll let you choose.

        1. "Why I oughta..." - Moe Howard
        2. "I'm a victim of soicumstance" - Curly Howard

        Everyone, vote for your favorite Stooge! (of the two)
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Anyone know what Titanium coating is and what it does or costs?