Close

    • W211 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG with Wesitec M113 supercharger upgrade goes 10.7@132 in the 1/4 mile at MIR

      Great results yet again from a Weistec upgrade Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicle. This particular E55 AMG has the Weistec 3.0 liter supercharger upgrade for the W211 E55 AMG and M113K equipped Mercedes AMG vehicles. So what is the result? How about a 10.757@132.92 miles per hour at the MIR drag strip. In addition to the supercharger the car also has the Weistec 82mm throttle body upgrade, headers, drag radials and 97 octane gas.


      The tune was for pump gas however so there is more that can be had form this setup with race gas, a new tune, and more boost. Video and timeslip below, congrats again to Weistec for great work pushing AMG platforms.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec Power Does It Again: Weistec Powered M113 Goes 10.7 started by JRCART View original post
      Comments 57 Comments
      1. SL55K's Avatar
        SL55K -
        at the Bahrain International Circuit hopefully, have some mods coming soon from Weistec. Hoping to do low 10s.
      1. RedBullJnky's Avatar
        RedBullJnky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SL55K Click here to enlarge
        at the Bahrain International Circuit hopefully, have some mods coming soon from Weistec. Hoping to do low 10s.
        Good luck to you! We've already have a E55 blow, a CLS55 that can't get IATs under 150. And it's seems they have no clue how to tune a CLK55.

        Dont get me wrong, Wiestec has done great things for the 63 motor, but I think they bit off more than the can chew on this platform. Again just saying!
      1. RedBullJnky's Avatar
        RedBullJnky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Feel free to post about it. M113K has never been our most popular section and it's an older platform with an established forum obviously.
        If its an old platform, then why doesn't Wiestec leave it alone? Instead they charge $9k for a "kit" that still doesn't cool properly and you would more than likely need meth to keep cool.
        I don't think for that kind of money a person should have to purchase additional cooling. We do this already with the stock sc since its like an oven.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        @SL55K's car has no overheating issues. I'll ask him to drive it and floor it one of these days when its 125f out here.

        Please post some links of these WEISTEC cars blowing up.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RedBullJnky Click here to enlarge
        Good luck to you! We've already have a E55 blow, a CLS55 that can't get IATs under 150. And it's seems they have no clue how to tune a CLK55.

        Dont get me wrong, Wiestec has done great things for the 63 motor, but I think they bit off more than the can chew on this platform. Again just saying!
        The M156 is a more difficult platform. It's just time that's all they tested on an E55. Last I saw their own car was running great.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RedBullJnky Click here to enlarge
        If its an old platform, then why doesn't Wiestec leave it alone? Instead they charge $9k for a "kit" that still doesn't cool properly and you would more than likely need meth to keep cool.
        I don't think for that kind of money a person should have to purchase additional cooling. We do this already with the stock sc since its like an oven.
        Because people asked for an SC upgrade? The stock blower is a pile of junk. This 3.0 liter KILLS IT.

        $9k? That's pocket change when seriously modding AMG's...
      1. RedBullJnky's Avatar
        RedBullJnky -
        Well GAWD DAYUM! There is signs of life here. Lol hold on I'll get all the links.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RedBullJnky Click here to enlarge
        Well GAWD DAYUM! There is signs of life here. Lol hold on I'll get all the links.
        Ppl read... more than ever actually.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        @RedBullJnky so who is this WE?
      1. SL55K's Avatar
        SL55K -
        Hey mate,
        I'll be honest with you. I've had the Kleemann K4 on my SL55 since 2005, and the car has been running great, @0-60Motorsports got a me custom tune done two years back with "Evolve", and the car was running great, but I still knew the car could handle more power but since the M113K ALONE had so many supercharger problems no one would bother modding to the extreme, Kleemann launched their Kleemann Xtreme and that was producing the same power as mine, with the standard supercharger from AMG. And if you're an AMG owner, you should know that the lifeline of any supercharged Benz is limited, 10 or 15 years max then it goes bang. Weistec did their research and I feel they did a wonderful job with their supercharger. Their quality of work was amazing (I'm in the production business so I know how tough their job can be at such limited quantities and sticking to that $9k price tag). The supercharger I think was half the weight of the AMG one (AMG S/C weighs almost close to 44kg, and I weighed this myself).

        Had NO cooling issues at all with the car, and even though I didn't have any cooling issues I had still asked for the SpeedDriven H/E kit.

        And if you want to compare the prices with the Kleemann K4 package and Weistec, I don't know about the states, but the K4 package costed me an arm and a leg, and maybe even a liver. Wiestec were 9k and the performance it delivered was outstanding, I'm using only 91 octane, and the heat here in the summer gets close to 50C and I'm still whopping ZR1s and LP640s. I'm not taking any sides here either with Weistec or the rest, but from my personal experience, weistec deserve an award for their customer service, my satisfaction and the special requests I had with the mods and the performance figures. I own a coupe of supercars and exotics, and for my SL55 to cope up with them and even beat them (my SL55 is 10 years old) is something great!
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SL55K Click here to enlarge
        Hey mate,
        I'll be honest with you. I've had the Kleemann K4 on my SL55 since 2005, and the car has been running great, @0-60Motorsports got a me custom tune done two years back with "Evolve", and the car was running great, but I still knew the car could handle more power but since the M113K ALONE had so many supercharger problems no one would bother modding to the extreme, Kleemann launched their Kleemann Xtreme and that was producing the same power as mine, with the standard supercharger from AMG. And if you're an AMG owner, you should know that the lifeline of any supercharged Benz is limited, 10 or 15 years max then it goes bang. Weistec did their research and I feel they did a wonderful job with their supercharger. Their quality of work was amazing (I'm in the production business so I know how tough their job can be at such limited quantities and sticking to that $9k price tag). The supercharger I think was half the weight of the AMG one (AMG S/C weighs almost close to 44kg, and I weighed this myself).

        Had NO cooling issues at all with the car, and even though I didn't have any cooling issues I had still asked for the SpeedDriven H/E kit.

        And if you want to compare the prices with the Kleemann K4 package and Weistec, I don't know about the states, but the K4 package costed me an arm and a leg, and maybe even a liver. Wiestec were 9k and the performance it delivered was outstanding, I'm using only 91 octane, and the heat here in the summer gets close to 50C and I'm still whopping ZR1s and LP640s. I'm not taking any sides here either with Weistec or the rest, but from my personal experience, weistec deserve an award for their customer service, my satisfaction and the special requests I had with the mods and the performance figures. I own a coupe of supercars and exotics, and for my SL55 to cope up with them and even beat them (my SL55 is 10 years old) is something great!
        Well said @SL55K. @Weistec customer service has been nothing short of awesome.
      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        Thank you both for the kind words! Glad to see a proper installation by a very qualified shop, which had a great outcome.

        Weistec Engineering
      1. RedBullJnky's Avatar
        RedBullJnky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Ppl read... more than ever actually.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SL55K Click here to enlarge
        Hey mate,
        I'll be honest with you. I've had the Kleemann K4 on my SL55 since 2005, and the car has been running great, @0-60Motorsports got a me custom tune done two years back with "Evolve", and the car was running great, but I still knew the car could handle more power but since the M113K ALONE had so many supercharger problems no one would bother modding to the extreme, Kleemann launched their Kleemann Xtreme and that was producing the same power as mine, with the standard supercharger from AMG. And if you're an AMG owner, you should know that the lifeline of any supercharged Benz is limited, 10 or 15 years max then it goes bang. Weistec did their research and I feel they did a wonderful job with their supercharger. Their quality of work was amazing (I'm in the production business so I know how tough their job can be at such limited quantities and sticking to that $9k price tag). The supercharger I think was half the weight of the AMG one (AMG S/C weighs almost close to 44kg, and I weighed this myself).

        Had NO cooling issues at all with the car, and even though I didn't have any cooling issues I had still asked for the SpeedDriven H/E kit.

        And if you want to compare the prices with the Kleemann K4 package and Weistec, I don't know about the states, but the K4 package costed me an arm and a leg, and maybe even a liver. Wiestec were 9k and the performance it delivered was outstanding, I'm using only 91 octane, and the heat here in the summer gets close to 50C and I'm still whopping ZR1s and LP640s. I'm not taking any sides here either with Weistec or the rest, but from my personal experience, weistec deserve an award for their customer service, my satisfaction and the special requests I had with the mods and the performance figures. I own a coupe of supercars and exotics, and for my SL55 to cope up with them and even beat them (my SL55 is 10 years old) is something great!
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
        Well said @SL55K . @Weistec customer service has been nothing short of awesome.

        http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/4...er-review.html


        http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/4...-straight.html


        http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/5...5-weistec.html

        http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/4...tec-clk55.html
      1. RedBullJnky's Avatar
        RedBullJnky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Because people asked for an SC upgrade? The stock blower is a pile of junk. This 3.0 liter KILLS IT.

        $9k? That's pocket change when seriously modding AMG's...
        Yes, but they want one that works. I think Wiestec is really good at what they do, BUT the customer service is not the same for everyone it seems.

        And you don't have to tell me about pocket change.Click here to enlarge I do this for $#@!s and giggles. There was nothing wrong with my car, I just felt like starting over. But I've always been one to push the limits and raise the bar.
      1. RedBullJnky's Avatar
        RedBullJnky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
        Thank you both for the kind words! Glad to see a proper installation by a very qualified shop, which had a great outcome.

        Weistec Engineering
        You should post a list of shops that YOU feel are "qualified", so that there is no one left to blame.Click here to enlarge
      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RedBullJnky Click here to enlarge
        You should post a list of shops that YOU feel are "qualified", so that there is no one left to blame.Click here to enlarge
        If you are looking for a qualified shop to install our products (and many other products in that matter) just shoot us an email, or check our our distributor page. Thanks!

        Weistec Engineering
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RedBullJnky Click here to enlarge
        Yes, but they want one that works. I think Wiestec is really good at what they do, BUT the customer service is not the same for everyone it seems.
        And you don't have to tell me about pocket change.Click here to enlarge I do this for $#@!s and giggles. There was nothing wrong with my car, I just felt like starting over. But I've always been one to push the limits and raise the bar.
        I'm not a customer and I get responses practically instantly. Any customer I refer has experienced the same. You have guys right here telling you their experience.

        I know what you mean, we do this for fun. I'm just stating if you want to go further the blower upgrade is really a necessity. Compared to $15k+ M3 blower setups it's not priced badly and it is priced less than the M156 as well so they didn't price it blindly. I know $9k is a lot but look at what Brabus charges for a tune and headers. Weistec all of a sudden looks like a huge value.

        Were you treated badly or something? Was there some kind of mishap? I'm sure it's nothing that can't be repaired with communication.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
        If you are looking for a qualified shop to install our products (and many other products in that matter) just shoot us an email, or check our our distributor page. Thanks!

        Weistec Engineering
        This. It's good to ask them who they recommend and they'll get you someone. Why wouldn't they?
      1. RedBullJnky's Avatar
        RedBullJnky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm not a customer and I get responses practically instantly. Any customer I refer has experienced the same. You have guys right here telling you their experience.

        I know what you mean, we do this for fun. I'm just stating if you want to go further the blower upgrade is really a necessity. Compared to $15k+ M3 blower setups it's not priced badly and it is priced less than the M156 as well so they didn't price it blindly. I know $9k is a lot but look at what Brabus charges for a tune and headers. Weistec all of a sudden looks like a huge value.

        Were you treated badly or something? Was there some kind of mishap? I'm sure it's nothing that can't be repaired with communication.
        Again, that speaks for their customer service.Click here to enlarge Treated badly? Mishap? Don't think so. I wouldn't trust Wiestec to put air in my tires.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RedBullJnky Click here to enlarge
        Again, that speaks for their customer service.Click here to enlarge Treated badly? Mishap? Don't think so. I wouldn't trust Wiestec to put air in my tires.
        What speaks ill of their customer service?

        What exactly is your issue you experienced?