Close

    • Renntech first to crack the 700 wheel horsepower barrier with the M157 V8 (63 AMG bi-turbo) motor on pump gas - 725 wheel horsepower CLS63 AMG on 93 octane

      Wow, it is getting difficult to keep up with all the records and milestones on the M157 5.5 liter (63 AMG bi-turbo) V8 as tuners compete for supremacy Renntech was able to set a new milestone by pushing the motor over 700 wheel horsepower on pump gas. There are other tuners in the 700's but they are currently all on race fuel 100+ octane. Renntech was able to do 725 wheel horsepower on a dynojet in STD correction on standard 93 octane pump fuel.

      This was done on a non-Performance Package CLS63 AMG. Renntech's M157 horsepower record previously stood at 691 wheel horsepower also on pump gas. So what changed? Renntech developed a new airbox which clearly is showing dividends.

      The rest of the modifications include the Renntech intercooler upgrade, ugpraded turbos, transmission upgrades, downpipes, filters, and new plugs. Dynojet dyno graph below, congrats to Renntech.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Renntech first to crack the 700 wheel horsepower barrier with the M157 V8 (63 AMG bi-turbo) motor on pump gas - 725 wheel horsepower CLS63 AMG on 93 octane started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 60 Comments
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
        I'm sure they can. But, have anyone done 9's with N2o yet with a AMG63?
        Not a 9'second pass but basically 9 second pass .. Ecambell ran a 10.01 and has the mb/amg trap speed record at 144mph and that was all boost no nitrous i believe they are 100whp up from thentime they did that run so im sure well see a 9 sec run soon no nitrous from either him or Jrcart. Plus we saw at no fly zone what a basic non built trans stage 3 bs did to the turbo upgraded e63 im sure the big dog clk's would spank it for now will be interesting to see .. Hows the MCT trans behaving with all this ridiculous torque?? Was it necessary to build the trans? I dont believe weistec upgraded it on their e63
      1. mramg1's Avatar
        mramg1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
        I'm sure they can. But, have anyone done 9's with N2o yet with a AMG63?
        In a word NO
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gondon Click here to enlarge
        BMW is like 10 years behind in tech. The v12 biturbos from 2003 are better engines than these new 2012 4.4 overboosted pieces of crap in the M5's
        That's not true whatsoever the S63TU is a much, much more advanced motor than the Benz V12's. They only make power due to the big torque from 12 cylinder and big displacement. They have junk manifolds with relatively small turbos. The heads suck, the valvetrain sucks, they aren't all that reliable, the cams sucks, they aren't technology advanced, etc.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        I guess one could always cheat and use n2o to run a 9 sec pass.
        You should already be deep into the 9's.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
        Well, I disagree about the AMG V12's M275/M278/M279 SOHC being technologically & efficiency better compared to the modern BMW DOHC CGI V8's. The AMG M120 7.4L V12 DOHC it's better compared to current V12's biturbos, if they revised it to CGI BlueDirect, add turbos & add a step less camshaft phasing. But, they won't.
        There we go, you get it.
      1. mramg1's Avatar
        mramg1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That's not true whatsoever the S63TU is a much, much more advanced motor than the Benz V12's. They only make power due to the big torque from 12 cylinder and big displacement. They have junk manifolds with relatively small turbos. The heads suck, the valvetrain sucks, they aren't all that reliable, the cams sucks, they aren't technology advanced, etc.
        Hey now, I own one of themClick here to enlarge

        But I will agree the turbos suck, the cams suck, the manifolds suck.

        But the valvetrain is solidClick here to enlarge

        PS: You'r car running yetClick here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
        Hey now, I own one of themClick here to enlarge

        But I will agree the turbos suck, the cams suck, the manifolds suck.

        But the valvetrain is solidClick here to enlarge

        PS: You'r car running yetClick here to enlarge
        Regarding the valvetrain the thing revs like a tractor lol.

        And almost! Click here to enlarge
      1. mramg1's Avatar
        mramg1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Regarding the valvetrain the thing revs like a tractor lol.

        And almost! Click here to enlarge
        I'll race your car tomorrow for pinksClick here to enlarge


        Sorry, I couldn't resist myself after a 14 hour day, going to 20Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Everyone wants to race the car when it isn't ready. Click here to enlarge
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Everyone wants to race the car when it isn't ready. Click here to enlarge

        I don't
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You should already be deep into the 9's.
        Your car should be able to race after being built for three years. Click here to enlarge
      1. Black Sheep's Avatar
        Black Sheep -
        lol
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Your car should be able to race after being built for three years. Click here to enlarge
        When it's ready we can race at the strip if you like. The timeline is irrelevant unless your car is going somewhere.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        When it's ready we can race at the strip if you like. The timeline is irrelevant unless your car is going somewhere.
        My personal feeling is that by the time you have your e85 issues sorted, my clk could be in Europe.

        If you wish, we can meet at tx2k which gives you almost a year to sort your sht out. You know I have a very good friend in Texas who builds cars and i will have a car at that event. I am not quite as harsh as our mutual friend but I will tell you that you will need some big numbers as to not embarrass yourself.

        Book your room at the Omni now!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        My personal feeling is that by the time you have your e85 issues sorted, my clk could be in Europe.
        I don't think it's fair to comment without knowing, and this comment is not applicable to any issues.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        If you wish, we can meet at tx2k which gives you almost a year to sort your sht out. You know I have a very good friend in Texas who builds cars and i will have a car at that event. I am not quite as harsh as our mutual friend but I will tell you that you will need some big numbers as to not embarrass yourself.
        You have a slightly over inflated view as to how quick your car is. The Mercedes scene simply is slower than the BMW scene, fact. There are dozens of BMW's that would embarrass your CLK. I mean flat out embarrass. Let's be realistic here, ok? You have 14 miles per hour of trap speed on me from when I was in the 570 wheel range. Um...

        Regardless, that doesn't matter to me I just want a comparison that is beneficial to the websites nothing more and nothing less.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Book your room at the Omni now!!
        I'll probably have a different car a year from now.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't think it's fair to comment without knowing, and this comment is not applicable to any issues.

        You have a slightly over inflated view as to how quick your car is. The Mercedes scene simply is slower than the BMW scene, fact. There are dozens of BMW's that would embarrass your CLK. I mean flat out embarrass. Let's be realistic here, ok? You have 14 miles per hour of trap speed on me from when I was in the 570 wheel range. Um...

        Regardless, that doesn't matter to me I just want a comparison that is beneficial to the websites nothing more and nothing less.

        I'll probably have a different car a year from now.
        Dude, read my post and tell me anywhere where I said my CLK would be at Texas...i said i would have a car there. If I wanted to be screwed by some stripped out drag only BMW I would have a tattoo saying "fuk me" on my arm.
      1. Gondon's Avatar
        Gondon -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That's not true whatsoever the S63TU is a much, much more advanced motor than the Benz V12's. They only make power due to the big torque from 12 cylinder and big displacement. They have junk manifolds with relatively small turbos. The heads suck, the valvetrain sucks, they aren't all that reliable, the cams sucks, they aren't technology advanced, etc.
        Never heard of anyone having problems with the turbos/manifolds/heads/valve train and cams.

        Though those old cars from 2003 are still quicker and the engines are still here 10 years later with no issues...

        What's up with BMW nowadays anyways? Is the 3 series still their fastest track car?
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Regarding the valvetrain the thing revs like a tractor lol.

        And almost! Click here to enlarge
        What do you mean almost? You said last week you had 600 mies on it. Dude be upfront, is it running or not?
      1. E90Company's Avatar
        E90Company -
        Nice work Renntech!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Dude, read my post and tell me anywhere where I said my CLK would be at Texas...i said i would have a car there. If I wanted to be screwed by some stripped out drag only BMW I would have a tattoo saying "fuk me" on my arm.
        If you're referring to my car it isn't drag only or stripped, street car. Regardless, I just want to get out on the strip.