Close

    • M157 heat soak problem? Weistec has the solution - Weistec Engineering M157 Twin Turbo AMG V8 cooling/intercooling system upgrade released - $1999.99

      The new batch of turbo motors from AMG make a lot of torque and those turbos combined with fairly large displacement produce quite a bit of heat. The factory cooling system features a water-air intercooler for this reason to keep temps down but the OEM Mercedes-Benz design has the intercooler system tied into engine coolant system. Not hard to see how this is not the most efficient setup possible and how the cooling system can become overwhelmed.


      Weistec improves the performance of the factory intercooler by separating it from the engine cooling system. The M157 cooling kit includes a dedicated performance heat exchanger, trunk mounted ice tank reservoir, and all the necessary fittings and lines.

      Essentially, this leaves the factory system now dedicated to just cooling the engine rather than the engine and intercooler. Also, the factory factory heat exchanger is positioned between the radiator and AC condenser meaning heat radiating from those elements will affect it. The Weistec unit is mounted where it can get cool air from the grille above the bumper beam.

      Another great performance product from Weistec Engineering for your AMG, get it here for $1999.99: http://www.weistec.com/m157cooling.html

      Key Features:

      • Separates Intercooler from Engine Coolant
      • High Performance Heat Exchanger
      • Optimal Heat Exchanger Placement
      • Weistec Trunk Ice Tank for Greatly Increased System Capacity
      • All Hardware, Lines, and Fittings Included







      This article was originally published in forum thread: M157 heat soak problem? Weistec has the solution - Weistec Engineering M157 Twin Turbo AMG V8 cooling/intercooling system upgrade released - $1999.99 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 17 Comments
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Amazing. New E63s with upgraded turbos this mod and Weistec axles and it's game over for just about anything on the street. Nice work guys.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Amazing. New E63s with upgraded turbos this mod and Weistec axles and it's game over for just about anything on the street. Nice work guys.
        Exactly.

        And with the all wheel drive cars... oh man.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Exactly.

        And with the all wheel drive cars... oh man.
        Four door 997 Turbo S. Can't wait to drive one.
      1. Alrasheed1991's Avatar
        Alrasheed1991 -
        All wheel drive die on high speed though ..... i ordered mine RWD more fun too to be honest my brother have a panamera turbo no fun in it at all .
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alrasheed1991 Click here to enlarge
        All wheel drive die on high speed though ..... i ordered mine RWD more fun too to be honest my brother have a panamera turbo no fun in it at all .
        That's true it depends what your goal is. Very nice of MB to give the option though, much respect.
      1. DFM's Avatar
        DFM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Amazing. New E63s with upgraded turbos this mod and Weistec axles and it's game over for just about anything on the street. Nice work guys.
        They have the AMG platform figured out that's for sure. Considering the level of performance you gain from these mods I would say the price is quite fair.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
        They have the AMG platform figured out that's for sure. Considering the level of performance you gain from these mods I would say the price is quite fair.
        Everything they touch they have figured out. It's honestly amazing.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Everything they touch they have figured out. It's honestly amazing.

        I saw those before the official release being installed here in the Middle-East on an E63 and a CLS63. They work! and they help bump some HP back to the wheelsClick here to enlarge
      1. dcmetro's Avatar
        dcmetro -
        Weistec... the right mod at the good moment...

        No intercooler pump ? It was the first thing to change on previous generation FI AMG engines.

        The stock one is probably good enough
      1. Sirex63's Avatar
        Sirex63 -
        @Weistec guys are improving themselves each time. Respect !
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dcmetro Click here to enlarge
        No intercooler pump ? It was the first thing to change on previous generation FI AMG engines.

        The stock one is probably good enough
        You raise a good question on the pump.

        @Weistec ?
      1. dcmetro's Avatar
        dcmetro -
        Stock pumps have been improved since 2007 according to various sources.

        Anyway, a good Meziere/Johnson pump would probably greatly compliment that Weistec setup. A good
        pump is very important when there a rear tank.
      1. Alrasheed1991's Avatar
        Alrasheed1991 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        I saw those before the official release being installed here in the Middle-East on an E63 and a CLS63. They work! and they help bump some HP back to the wheelsClick here to enlarge
        How much wheel gain ?
      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        Hello guys thank you all for the compliments. It is very appreciated.

        The factory water pump and in tank pump is extremely powerful. With the water flowing we have a hard time opening the rear lid because water is flowing at such a high rate! It is actually cool to see how well it works. The factory system is pulse width modulated and the factory pump runs based on duty cycle percentage. Combined with our tune this modification becomes even better.

        We are sure our hot climate customers (Middle East for example) see considerable temperature decreases which in turn creates more power, consistently.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
        Hello guys thank you all for the compliments. It is very appreciated.

        The factory water pump and in tank pump is extremely powerful. With the water flowing we have a hard time opening the rear lid because water is flowing at such a high rate! It is actually cool to see how well it works. The factory system is pulse width modulated and the factory pump runs based on duty cycle percentage. Combined with our tune this modification becomes even better.

        We are sure our hot climate customers (Middle East for example) see considerable temperature decreases which in turn creates more power, consistently.
        There you guys, thanks for the explanation.
      1. GT2's Avatar
        GT2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
        Hello guys thank you all for the compliments. It is very appreciated.

        The factory water pump and in tank pump is extremely powerful. With the water flowing we have a hard time opening the rear lid because water is flowing at such a high rate! It is actually cool to see how well it works. The factory system is pulse width modulated and the factory pump runs based on duty cycle percentage. Combined with our tune this modification becomes even better.

        We are sure our hot climate customers (Middle East for example) see considerable temperature decreases which in turn creates more power, consistently.
        Can you please post some picture of the installation?
        Thanks
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT2 Click here to enlarge
        Can you please post some picture of the installation?
        Thanks
        I'm sure they would be happy to e-mail you any installation documents. @Weistec