Close

    • Switzer Performance cracks 600 wheel horsepower with the F10 M5 S63TU - Switzer P700 F10 M5 tuning package

      Here we go, the S63TU tuning scene is heating up. The question on the new M5 is how well it will respond to bolt on's considering its higher boost and higher compression ratio compared to the standard S63 twin turbo V8 in the X5 and X6 M. Well, it responds pretty well as the Switzer Performance P700 package broke the 600 wheel horsepower mark putting down a very impressive 604.77 wheel horsepower in SAE correction on a Dynojet.

      The P700 package consists of an ECU tune said to be plug and play (OBD-II flash apparently), Switzer exhaust system, and drop in air filters. The price for all of this $6,999.00. Not cheap, but the increase is almost 70 wheel horsepower over the baseline which was a very healthy 536 wheel horsepower.

      Expect to see more 600+ wheel results coming for the F10 M5 and F12/F13 M6.




















      This article was originally published in forum thread: Switzer Performance cracks 600 wheel horsepower with the F10 M5 S63TU - Switzer P700 F10 M5 tuning package started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 34 Comments
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        That exhaust system is effing beautiful.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        That exhaust system is effing beautiful.
        That it is. Great results too...
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Great Results and good looking parts. I was wondering when the OBDII solutions will be coming out for this car.
      1. Imran@Evolve's Avatar
        Imran@Evolve -
        Good gains. I do believe that they are using a piggy back. You can see it in one of the pictures above.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Imran[MENTION=1803 Click here to enlarge
        evolve;473093]Good gains. I do believe that they are using a piggy back. You can see it in one of the pictures above.
        A piggy? I assumed flash tune would be nice to have this confirmed. What wonder piggyback it is if it in fact is...
      1. Imran@Evolve's Avatar
        Imran@Evolve -
        4th picture down (what else is this if not a piggyback) and I'm sure I have read on another forum it is a piggyback device.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Imran[MENTION=1803 Click here to enlarge
        evolve;473095]4th picture down (what else is this if not a piggyback) and I'm sure I have read on another forum it is a piggyback device.
        I don't doubt you I just wonder who made it and how good it is.
      1. Rock's Avatar
        Rock -
        It is a piggyback set up. I spoke with Neil and Tim Switzer and they confirmed. The reason? I'm not positive but I think BMW outfitted these cars with incredibly well protected systems that make OBDII tuning next to impossible.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rock Click here to enlarge
        It is a piggyback set up. I spoke with Neil and Tim Switzer and they confirmed. The reason? I'm not positive but I think BMW outfitted these cars with incredibly well protected systems that make OBDII tuning next to impossible.
        Thanks.

        Now for someone to figure out what piggyback it is.
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Judging by the 7 wires installed to the piggyback control model it's similar to the N63/S63 Stage1 tune we offer. Only instead of dialing it in for +2psi they dialed it in for +6psi. And produced a quite hideous power curve in the process. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Judging by the 7 wires installed to the piggyback control model it's similar to the N63/S63 Stage1 tune we offer. Only instead of dialing it in for +2psi they dialed it in for +6psi. And produced a quite hideous power curve in the process. Click here to enlarge
        I didn't even know you offered an S63TU tune just N63?
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I didn't even know you offered an S63TU tune just N63?
        Yes, the same tune is compatible with the S63. But you need the USB cable to enable a setting that changes it from a 2.25bar to a 3.5bar map sensor. We've sold a few but have not done any in house dyno testing on it yet. But we hope to get to that one of these days.
      1. UsualSuspect's Avatar
        UsualSuspect -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        And produced a quite hideous power curve in the process. Click here to enlarge
        LOL!!!
      1. mycoupe's Avatar
        mycoupe -
        That's gotta be the smallest delta for the most money I have ever seen.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
        That's gotta be the smallest delta for the most money I have ever seen.
        You must be new to German car tuning then.
      1. mycoupe's Avatar
        mycoupe -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You must be new to German car tuning then.
        a couple years green...just seems like a really small delta when you look at the cost involved. I realize it's an M, but the N54/N55's have a way better bang for your buck. I would just expect to see much higher gains out of a V8 twin turbo is all.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
        a couple years green...just seems like a really small delta when you look at the cost involved. I realize it's an M, but the N54/N55's have a way better bang for your buck. I would just expect to see much higher gains out of a V8 twin turbo is all.
        70 whp? How much more do you want?

        It's already underrated from the factory and pushing a lot of boost.
      1. mycoupe's Avatar
        mycoupe -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        70 whp? How much more do you want?

        It's already underrated from the factory and pushing a lot of boost.
        The power is fine. It's the price that is ridiculous. $100/1hp just isn't a good ratio.
      1. Q4P's Avatar
        Q4P -
        I do not know what to say about that curve... 604 is impressive but it's definitely no M157.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
        I do not know what to say about that curve... 604 is impressive but it's definitely no M157.
        Criticism of the curve is definitely warranted.

        Keep in mind he M157 has been being tuned for longer. And, well, it's a bigger motor I expect it to do more with bolt on's.