Close

    • Best Mercedes tuning value? A preview of the 330 horsepower Mercedes M276 DELA 30 Twin Turbo 3.0 liter V6 going into the W205/C205 C400

      Here is the Mercedes-Benz answer to the BMW N55 3.0 liter turbocharged inline-6 and the Audi supercharged 3.0 TFSI V6. This new motor will be called the M276 DELA 30 and will have 3.0 liters of displacement in a V6 configuration with two turbochargers. The motor is based on the same direct injected M276 60 degree V6 architecture in the M276 naturally aspirated C350 models but with displacement reduced to 3.0 liters and compression reduced from 12.2:1 to 10.7:1.


      This motor will see duty in the C400 4Matic model BenzBoost showed is coming in the next generation C205/W205 generation C-Class. An all wheel drive C-Class with a twin turbo six cylinder powerplant may end being the best tuning value in the Mercedes lineup. Not to mention Mercedes-Benz will now have a true rival for the BMW 335i and the Audi S4.

      Power will be somewhere in the 330 horsepower range with torque at 354 pound-feet. High 12 second non-AMG C-Class? Low 12's or high 11's with just a tune? Sure looks realistic especially with the all wheel drive C400.

      The block will have an aluminum block with forged internals and the engine will weigh 395 pounds. The turbochargers are manufactured by IHI who also supplies Audi's 4.0 TFSI turbochargers.

      Check out the dynograph below to see how the M276 DELA 30 stacks up to the naturally aspirated M276 DE 35.

      This is going to be a very exciting motor and a great tuning value for those who do not want to spend $100k+ for the 63 AMG M156 bi-turbos.





      Rated Power 245kw @ 5250-6000rpm
      Max torque 480Nm @ 1600-4000rpm
      Bore x Stroke 88mm x 82.1mm
      Compression ratio 10.7:1cr
      Engine Weight DIN 70020GZ 179.2Kg

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Best Mercedes tuning value? A preview of the 330 horsepower Mercedes M276 DELA 30 Twin Turbo 3.0 liter V6 going into the W205/C205 C400 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 19 Comments
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Hope those stock turbos have more juice than the ones found in the n54.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        This should be over 400 whp pretty easily but I wonder why they didnt leave it at 3.5 liters.
      1. 135idct's Avatar
        135idct -
        N55 killer!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
        N55 killer!
        Possibly.
      1. DFM's Avatar
        DFM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This should be over 400 whp pretty easily but I wonder why they didnt leave it at 3.5 liters.
        Most likely for better off-boost efficiency.
      1. DFM's Avatar
        DFM -
        Forged internals stock? seems like a stout platform.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
        Forged internals stock? seems like a stout platform.
        That's what I was thinking.
      1. Remonster's Avatar
        Remonster -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
        Forged internals stock? seems like a stout platform.
        Seems to me that Mercedes Benz understands how a highly moddable motor can help drive sales of one car vs its competitors. It's no accident that all these recent AMG motors (55 AMG Kompressor and onwards) have been able to make so much more power. I remember watching an interview with someone at AMG and the interviewer asked how far they had pushed the twin turbo M157 and if they had taken it above 700 horsepower reliably and the AMG guy just nodded with a big smile on his face.
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        My only concern is the weight of the merc, is there any info on the car? This engine looks impressive, BMW is going to have to step it up
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
        My only concern is the weight of the merc, is there any info on the car? This engine looks impressive, BMW is going to have to step it up
        http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...ge-curb-weight
      1. Batman's Avatar
        Batman -
        +1. Well said. You took the words right out of my mouth.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
        Seems to me that Mercedes Benz understands how a highly moddable motor can help drive sales of one car vs its competitors. It's no accident that all these recent AMG motors (55 AMG Kompressor and onwards) have been able to make so much more power. I remember watching an interview with someone at AMG and the interviewer asked how far they had pushed the twin turbo M157 and if they had taken it above 700 horsepower reliably and the AMG guy just nodded with a big smile on his face.
      1. bogdan_mb's Avatar
        bogdan_mb -
        I was so pumped to see the CLA 45 AMG launch date but this thing got me a little on hold. I bet a C400 with AWD will outrun the "small" AMG or be right there offering well more space at a similar price.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bogdan_mb Click here to enlarge
        I was so pumped to see the CLA 45 AMG launch date but this thing got me a little on hold. I bet a C400 with AWD will outrun the "small" AMG or be right there offering well more space at a similar price.
        A lot depends on the C400 transmission options. Twin turbo V6 with all wheel drive and a dual clutch trans? Well now we're talking...
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        A lot depends on the C400 transmission options. Twin turbo V6 with all wheel drive and a dual clutch trans? Well now we're talking...
        Agreed. I will buy that combo. But, I obviously prefer the lightest car, with the most displacement and cylinders.
        Let's just hope the C63 gets a DCT with the largest TT engine possible.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Agreed. I will buy that combo. But, I obviously prefer the lightest car, with the most displacement and cylinders.
        Let's just hope the C63 gets a DCT with the largest TT engine possible.
        It will be a 4.0 liter TT with a DCT.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It will be a 4.0 liter TT with a DCT.
        Dude, why do you keep repeating this, over and over and over again?
        You and I have discussed this at length.
        You KNOW, that I KNOW, that the current rumors point to a 4.0 TT for the C63 that will be shared with the SLC.
        But, nothing is final until AMG official specs.

        It "appears" like you're trying to get under my skin and piss me off. If so, not cool.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Dude, why do you keep repeating this, over and over and over again?
        You and I have discussed this at length.
        You KNOW, that I KNOW, that the current rumors point to a 4.0 TT for the C63 that will be shared with the SLC.
        But, nothing is final until AMG official specs.

        It "appears" like you're trying to get under my skin and piss me off. If so, not cool.
        Honestly, I read the entire forum including every post and talk to just about every user. So, sorry, I don't remember every mention of this I have made to you.

        Additionally, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence but provided that info also for others who may be reading this thread.

        I think you took it the wrong way and hope my intent is now clear.

        Furthermore, the motor already has the internal AMG engine code and internal Mercedes software shows a C63 with a 4.0 liter V8 plus a performance package.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Honestly, I read the entire forum including every post and talk to just about every user. So, sorry, I don't remember every mention of this I have made to you.

        Additionally, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence but provided that info also for others who may be reading this thread.

        I think you took it the wrong way and hope my intent is now clear.

        Furthermore, the motor already has the internal AMG engine code and internal Mercedes software shows a C63 with a 4.0 liter V8 plus a performance package.
        Fair enough.
        Even though you and I have discussed this at length.

        I am fully aware of all the rumors that you have just referred to.
        But, I stand by the fact that it's all just rumor until there is an official release from AMG.

        I wouldn't bet on it, but I am still hoping the next C63 shares the 5.5L TT with the current E63 because the last C63 shared the same engine with the last E63.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Fair enough.
        Even though you and I have discussed this at length.

        I am fully aware of all the rumors that you have just referred to.
        But, I stand by the fact that it's all just rumor until there is an official release from AMG.

        I wouldn't bet on it, but I am still hoping the next C63 shares the 5.5L TT with the current E63 because the last C63 shared the same engine with the last E63.
        Yes I know we have discussed it but there is so much evidence pointing to no M157 it seems pointless to rehash. I would like it too but Mercedes themselves is saying the M157 won't be around for too long.