Close

    • Low 12's out of the 45 AMG's and M133 four-cylinder already? Yep. Willall Racing Stage I tuned A45 goes 12.2@112 in the 1/4 mile

      Low 12's with just a plug and play tune from a 2.0 liter four-cylinder? Believe it! Australia's Willall racing was able to get the A45 AMG equipped with the M133 2.0 liter four-cylinder turbocharged motor to run a 12.280@112.14. This is with just a Stage I piggyback tune and pump gas. For those who wondered if it was possible for tuned 45 AMG's to break into the 11's it appears they will be able to do so rather easily with supporting modifications.

      To put this performance in perspective the car gains roughly 3 miles per hour of trap speed and about half a second in elapsed time. Car and Driver hit a 12.8@110 with a CLA45 AMG and Australia's own Drive.com.au managed 12.715@109.99 on the strip.

      Low 12's with just a Stage I piggyback? What's not to like? Check out the timeslip and video below.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: Low 12's out of the 45 AMG's and M133 four-cylinder already? Yep. Willall Racing Stage I tuned A45 goes 12.2@112 in the 1/4 mile started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 48 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Why would anyone buy these AMGs over a Audi S4 DCT?

        If the $29,900 CLA did 12.2@112 with just a tune, it might make a good daily beater in you have cold winters and need 4 doors.
        But only IF these MAXED OUT TINY MOTORS prove to be reliable.
        Motor picks up half a second with a piggyback tune and you call it maxed out. LOL.

        Stop hating on an awesome car exceeding YOUR expectations.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        A6 I take it? In negative DA probably? MIR? ATCO?

        12.2 is right there with 6-speed C7's that are well launched and if a driver makes a mistake, game over. The ET actually is close.

        Not bad for a tiny little motor eh?
        The CLA45 is a FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR.
        So, no.
        There is NOTHING impressive about a $50k car running 12's.
        The fact that the motor is so small, that it needs forced induction to get out of it's way, is sad, not something to brag about.

        "My espectations"???? Slow you're roll.
        You can make power with any motor with the addition of boost.
        The real test is how reliable the combination proves to be in the long run.
        Regardless, torque is king for sedans, especially on the street.
        And, this tiny 2.0L is lacking in torque.


        Now, let's look for something to agree on.
        I think for $29,900 the CLA250 is a good buy for a daily beater with NO OPTIONS.
        Let's see what the CLA250 can run with a tune, and more importantly, HOW RELIABLE THE MAXED OUT 2.0L and DCT are in the long run.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        A6 I take it? In negative DA probably? MIR? ATCO?

        12.2 is right there with 6-speed C7's that are well launched and if a driver makes a mistake, game over. The ET actually is close.

        Not bad for a tiny little motor eh?
        Insisting on selecting a manual transmission version of a C7 to compare to a AWD car with DCT shows how biased you are.
        For $50k+, there is NOTHING impressive about the CLA45.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        The CLA45 is a FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR.
        So, no.
        There is NOTHING impressive about a $50k car running 12's.
        The fact that the motor is so small, that it needs forced induction to get out of it's way, is sad, not something to brag about.
        Well it starts below $50k but it's very impressive for a 2.0 liter-four cylinder to run these times. I'm certainly impressed as others seem to be.

        There are plenty of more expensive cars that are slower than it. Additionally, that do not offer all wheel drive and a dual clutch transmission.

        Also, do you think a this car may offer a bit of daily usability combined with great performance and fuel efficiency? Maybe Mercedes is downsizing their motors for a reason? It's only going to continue.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        You can make power with any motor with the addition of boost.
        The real test is how reliable the combination proves to be in the long run.
        Regardless, torque is king for sedans, especially on the street.
        And, this tiny 2.0L is lacking in torque.
        It's the most powerful factory production four-cylinder in the world and it makes 332 pound-feet of torque. That is 166 pound-feet per liter. It's lacking torque versus what exactly? Twin turbo V8's twice its size?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Let's see what the CLA250 can run with a tune, and more importantly, HOW RELIABLE THE MAXED OUT 2.0L and DCT are in the long run.
        I have no idea why what the CLA250 runs matters here and why you think the 2.0 is maxed out when the reality of the situation in the first post just proved otherwise with real world results.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Well it starts below $50k but it's very impressive for a 2.0 liter-four cylinder to run these times. I'm certainly impressed as others seem to be.

        There are plenty of more expensive cars that are slower than it. Additionally, that do not offer all wheel drive and a dual clutch transmission.

        Also, do you think a this car may offer a bit of daily usability combined with great performance and fuel efficiency? Maybe Mercedes is downsizing their motors for a reason? It's only going to continue.

        It's the most powerful factory production four-cylinder in the world and it makes 332 pound-feet of torque. That is 166 pound-feet per liter. It's lacking torque versus what exactly? Twin turbo V8's twice its size?

        I have no idea why what the CLA250 runs matters here and why you think the 2.0 is maxed out when the reality of the situation in the first post just proved otherwise with real world results.
        I am a HUGE fan of DCT and AWD.
        In fact, they are the only reason I'm considering a German car, and what brought me to your site.

        But, your power per liter talk makes me sick and makes me want to puke all over you and my keyboard.
        I HATE ricers and I hate this RIDICULOUS talk about $hitty little motors.
        When the pricetag of the car approaches $50k, then NO, there is NOTHING impressive about 12 second 1/4 mile times.
        You can buy a LS3 car brand new for under $30k with 430 ft lbs of torque.
        So, no, this $50k car is not impressive, in fact, it's kinda pathetic.

        It's only interesting characteristics are the DCT and AWD.

        So, back to our common ground.
        I find the CLA250 to be intriguing at $30k and I look forward to seeing what it will do with a tune and minor mods.
      1. litxus's Avatar
        litxus -
        Have any of you seen this car in person? I found it surprisingly small looking, kind of like 1 series but 4 doors. It is like a mini CLSClick here to enlarge As for price 50k (AMG) is quite high and isn't that similar price of previous 1M? At this price point S4 would probably be a better choice, but I highly doubt you can find a brand new LS3 car for under 30k (which car is that, stripped out SS?)?
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
        Have any of you seen this car in person? I found it surprisingly small looking, kind of like 1 series but 4 doors. It is like a mini CLSClick here to enlarge As for price 50k (AMG) is quite high and isn't that similar price of previous 1M? At this price point S4 would probably be a better choice, but I highly doubt you can find a brand new LS3 car for under 30k (which car is that, stripped out SS?)?
        Camaro SS.
        Google is your friend.

        I HATE the current Camaro.
        But, the 2015 will share the same Alpha chassis with the Caddy CTS and ATS while dropping some serious weight.
        2015 Camaro with LT1 and 7spd stick is going to be a winner.
      1. litxus's Avatar
        litxus -
        Camaro could be a choice, but not really great for room or if you have passengers and I agree on current one as there is nothing I like about it. I've driven 02 Z28 with 6 speeds in the past and it was a monster, but only in straight line, as if there is a turn you better be careful. Of course interior is another storyClick here to enlarge CTS and ATS seem like good choices, but I still can't get over the crap cars they produced in the past. My thinking was if it isn't a V8 (5.7L preferred), then don't buy itClick here to enlarge, but I hope times changed.

        As for CLA, my guess is that it will sell mostly basic versions (not AMG), as I really don't see much take on 50k price tag.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
        CTS and ATS seem like good choices, but I still can't get over the crap cars they produced in the past. My thinking was if it isn't a V8 (5.7L preferred), then don't buy itClick here to enlarge, but I hope times changed..
        Your loss. Go drive a current CTS-V and then imagine what the replacement will be like next year.
        The problem is that Caddy keeps raising their prices to laughable levels while AMG continues to dominate.

        I think a ATS/CTS with a naturally aspirated LT1 and a 7spd stick for around $50k makes sense.
        But, Caddys current ridiculous pricing, and move away from Corvette powertrains, means Caddy is losing it's only selling points.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        But, your power per liter talk makes me sick and makes me want to puke all over you and my keyboard.
        I HATE ricers and I hate this RIDICULOUS talk about $hitty little motors.
        Ok well it's a little late to get the engineers to redesign it soo....?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        When the pricetag of the car approaches $50k, then NO, there is NOTHING impressive about 12 second 1/4 mile times.
        You can buy a LS3 car brand new for under $30k with 430 ft lbs of torque.
        And? When exactly could you not buy a cheaper domestic car offering a larger motor than entry level Mercedes cars?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        So, no, this $50k car is not impressive, in fact, it's kinda pathetic.
        It's actually incredibly impressive.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
        Have any of you seen this car in person? I found it surprisingly small looking, kind of like 1 series but 4 doors. It is like a mini CLSClick here to enlarge As for price 50k (AMG) is quite high and isn't that similar price of previous 1M? At this price point S4 would probably be a better choice, but I highly doubt you can find a brand new LS3 car for under 30k (which car is that, stripped out SS?)?
        Mini-CLS is what they were going for.

        It looks great in person.

        It's cheaper than the 1M which was marked up but performing on par with the six-cylinder which is awesome.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
        but I highly doubt you can find a brand new LS3 car for under 30k (which car is that, stripped out SS?)?
        He tends to exaggerate but it doesn't matter. This is quicker than the C32 AMG, C55 AMG, W210 E55 AMG, R230 SL55 AMG, E46 M3, E36 M3, E39 M5, Jaguar XKR, Mustang Cobra 4.6, LS1 Camaro SS, LS1 Trans AM WS6, Challenger SRT8, Cayenne Turbo, Panamera S/4S, CLS550, Jeep SRT8, Charger SRT8, Jaguar XJR, Porsche Cayman, Porsche Cayman S, Porsche Carrera, and a bunch of other stuff I'm missing off the top of my head with bigger motors and higher price tags that do not run 12.2 out of the box.

        He's hating on a 2.0 liter entry level AMG going 12.2 in the 1/4 mile. Seriously.
      1. onisyndicate's Avatar
        onisyndicate -
        http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-spor...PUFRJT05TIn0=@

        That says 33,550 MSRP to me for a LS3 Camaro brand new!
      1. Nugs's Avatar
        Nugs -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Why would anyone buy these AMGs over a Audi S4 DCT?

        If the $29,900 CLA did 12.2@112 with just a tune, it might make a good daily beater in you have cold winters and need 4 doors.
        But only IF these MAXED OUT TINY MOTORS prove to be reliable.
        S4 is $40k more expensive here, and some people like smaller cars.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
        S4 is $40k more expensive here, and some people like smaller cars.

        I dunno where you are, but that sucks. Click here to enlarge
        You can buy a S4 or CLA45 money in the USA.

        I prefer the most lightweight car as possible.
        But, you get and extra 1.0L, 2 cylinders, and a ton of interior room in the S4.
        A worthy trade off in my opninion.
        If they are charging an extra $40,000 american for the S4 over the CLA45 in your country, many must agree with me and it makes the S4 the wise decision for the same money as the CLA45.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
        http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-spor...PUFRJT05TIn0=@

        That says 33,550 MSRP to me for a LS3 Camaro brand new!
        Rebates, incentives, negotiation= a lot less
        I assumed everyone on this forum knew that.
      1. onisyndicate's Avatar
        onisyndicate -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Rebates, incentives, negotiation= a lot less
        I assumed everyone on this forum knew that.

        It's also called having financing up front or paying cash. But an SS camaro is not exactly a cookie cutter car. Unless the lot is stocked with like 4 or 5 of them and it's around christmas I don't see someone getting below 30k. But hey if you can go do it more power to you. I wouldn't waste my breath on a chevy product. especially when all Europeon car makers and I think subaru is now running no cost maintence on anything for the first two years. So I just basically drive the damn thing in and get a loaner and bam my car is maintained with stealership reciepts to prove it. Which makes it better for a CPO sale. but then again I don't know how negotiate at all Click here to enlarge [sarcasm]
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
        It's also called having financing up front or paying cash. But an SS camaro is not exactly a cookie cutter car. Unless the lot is stocked with like 4 or 5 of them and it's around christmas I don't see someone getting below 30k. But hey if you can go do it more power to you. I wouldn't waste my breath on a chevy product. especially when all Europeon car makers and I think subaru is now running no cost maintence on anything for the first two years. So I just basically drive the damn thing in and get a loaner and bam my car is maintained with stealership reciepts to prove it. Which makes it better for a CPO sale. but then again I don't know how negotiate at all Click here to enlarge [sarcasm]
        Go drive a new Corvette or ATS and get back to me.
      1. onisyndicate's Avatar
        onisyndicate -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Go drive a new Corvette or ATS and get back to me.
        Go drive a CLA 45amg and a GLA 45amg when it comes out and we can trade notes.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
        Go drive a CLA 45amg and a GLA 45amg when it comes out and we can trade notes.
        Oooooohhhh!
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
        Go drive a CLA 45amg and a GLA 45amg when it comes out and we can trade notes.
        I plan to drive both as soon as the C-class is available to drive back-to-back.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Oooooohhhh!
        Really, dude ???? Click here to enlarge