Close

    • Naturally aspirated German power - Eurocharged tuned W204 C63 AMG M156 V8 vs. Evolve Tuned E60 M5 S85 V10 and comparison to ESS S85 tune

      A nice set of run videos here courtesy of forum member Mybabym5. We have two naturally aspirated Germans going at it one with AMG M156 6.2 liter V8 power and the other with M S85 V10 power. The video quality is not that great but considering the runs we will let this one slide. The M5 features an Evolve tune with RPI catless headers, RPI exhaust, RPI pulley, RPI scoops, and the RPI oil cooler. The car previously ran an ESS tune before switching to Evolve as most people are these days.


      The C63 has has similar bolt on mods with a Eurocharged tune, catless pipes, and aftermarket filters with the charcoal element removed.

      Regardless, you see two of the best German naturally aspirated performance engines ever built going at it here. The M156 from AMG is obviously larger but the S85 V10 revs higher. Its top end takes this race and it goes to show how important revs, horsepower, and gearing are on the highway.

      Both tuners of these cars are vendors on this network so there is no stake in this race. It is simply great to see.

      Further details in the words of the M5 owner:

      Hey guys, some more fun racing videos.. This time hunting down a C63 again.

      E60 M5:

      Evolve Alpha N tune
      OEM RPI de-catted headers
      RPI GTS Exhaust
      RPI pulley
      RPI air scoops + BMC filters
      RPI oil cooler

      vs

      C63 AMG

      Fully Catless, modded with filters + charcoal delete


      Video quality is off a crap crap!!! cell phone from a friend as no go pro around..Apologizes..
      But non the less shows the modded M5 pulling nicely.

      In C63 race 1


      In M5 view race 2: C63 gets jump, M5 goes fishing
      15mph roll..


      Just want to take a moment aswell and give a Big thanks to Evolve.. Their tune is running amazing!! The power and the consistent delivery is just amazing! I am extremly happy how my car is running and performing. They make the best tunes for this V10 motor by far!

      I also wanted to give a small write up here showing how my car performed with the evolve tune vs the ESS tune against the same exact C63:

      Compare my M5 pulling against the C63 here with the evolve tune vs how my M5 pulled here with the ESS tune against the same exact C63 with same mods. With my evolve tune in the above video, I am pulling away much faster and harder than I am here.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Modded E60 M5 vs Modded C63 AMG started by Mybabym5 View original post
      Comments 69 Comments
      1. Mybabym5's Avatar
        Mybabym5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm going to edit the mod list and leave it up and we'll put the new ones up.

        I don't know why you guys posted this in this thread and it confuses everything. Create a new thread with the details on your races and your mods @ezec63 because this is now cluttered.
        There is a thread already- FBO m5 vs FBO C63 Coupe
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mybabym5 Click here to enlarge
        There is a thread already- FBO m5 vs FBO C63 Coupe
        Well somebody bump that I got lost with all the M5 vs C63 talk all over.
      1. Mybabym5's Avatar
        Mybabym5 -
        edited
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        It's alright I see it below, thanks.
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mybabym5 Click here to enlarge
        Total of 3 races! I think the videos speak for themselves!The first and 3rd races were dead even! You only won the second race! As for the third race, it was Senad takin the video and he can corroborate my words.
        Yes total of 3 races I agree the first was even and I took the 2nd clearly. I disagree about The 3rd race it was very similar to the 2nd race and I could see the m5 in my mirror. You can not tell anything from that chase video its terrible quality and the car is way behind us besides how do you know if the chase video is of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd race? I was in the car I know what I saw no reason for me to lie it was impossible for you to make this call you weren't in the car and were half a mile down the road with everyone else. Ask senad he agreed that the c63 took the win

        We can argue about trivial things till were blue in the face whether I won the 3rd race by a fender, half a car, more than a car etc etc main point is at the end you shook my hand and agreed the c63 had the edge simple as that. Senad same thing he agreed the c63 was faster and that's it. Lets leave it at that until the next time we run like I said before keep it friendly.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Why you can't you guys keep your race in one thread?
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Why you can't you guys keep your race in one thread?
        Fair enough ill only post in the other thread from here on out

        http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...601#post581601
      1. Mybabym5's Avatar
        Mybabym5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        Yes total of 3 races I agree the first was even and I took the 2nd clearly. I disagree about The 3rd race it was very similar to the 2nd race and I could see the m5 in my mirror. You can not tell anything from that chase video its terrible quality and the car is way behind us besides how do you know if the chase video is of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd race? I was in the car I know what I saw no reason for me to lie it was impossible for you to make this call you weren't in the car and were half a mile down the road with everyone else. Ask senad he agreed that the c63 took the win

        We can argue about trivial things till were blue in the face whether I won the 3rd race by a fender, half a car, more than a car etc etc main point is at the end you shook my hand and agreed the c63 had the edge simple as that. Senad same thing he agreed the c63 was faster and that's it. Lets leave it at that until the next time we run like I said before keep it friendly.
        You are right at the end i shook your hand and said that those were good races! You are simply makin assumptions right now that that handshake meant that m5 lost! First of all mod to mod M5 won all those three races as anyone can see my mod list vs yours! Second of all like i said before 5soko saw the last race and according to him it was mad close! Third of all if i were you i would seriously be worried that after moddin the car to its maximum, and after being that much lighter, c63 still has nothin on m5! Next time try to race me from first gear all the way to 200 and you will see the outcome! And of course, we will keep it all friendly; i wouldn't have it any other way!
      1. rawad1017's Avatar
        rawad1017 -
        i swear this is exactly what went down when me and that guy with the bolt on M5 raced Click here to enlarge