• Race Video: Tuned CLK550 vs. JB4 335

      Well, here we go, finally, we have a race involving BB member blkclk550. After 30+ pages of keybord warfare races took place. Now, we are told the 335 was on a 100 octane map. Blaizon, the 335 owner, said he would run a 93 octane map. The CLK does pretty well seemingly getting the jump each time and holding it. The cars seem pretty evenly matched with the JB4 having a slight top end advantage. The commentary by whomever filmed was humorous but we could do without it. Either way, look at the vids and decide for yourself.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: Some kills i have done with my 09 CLK550 in the past started by blkclk550 View original post
      Comments 385 Comments
      1. dreikraft's Avatar
        dreikraft -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
        just noticed this on m3post.....blkclk550 is this guy referring to you? http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395488

        love some of those responses lol
        m3post carries the torch for bmw stereotypes..god i hate that forum. any forum with the word m3 in it now that i think about it.


        blkclk550 - you said in that post thread that cat delete does nothing for performance on your clk550s?
        and how come theres no market for FI for your platform? you mentioned a SC kit and headers are in the works? theres got to be someone already offering something.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
        m3post carries the torch for bmw stereotypes..god i hate that forum. any forum with the word m3 in it now that i think about it.


        blkclk550 - you said in that post thread that cat delete does nothing for performance on your clk550s?
        and how come theres no market for FI for your platform? you mentioned a SC kit and headers are in the works? theres got to be someone already offering something.
        sadly i have no heard about anything yet that is in offordable ball park, no one makes headers only thing they have is kleeman ported heads $6000 and cams another $7000 for 15 WHP lol $#@! that. So for now i will wait Kbahl21 will be getting his primary cats cut out and custom one pipe exaust all the way to the back and a tune we will see if he wins against me when we compare it.
      1. ItalianStallion's Avatar
        ItalianStallion -
        Modded S65's? If they are fast and think they are game, I'll run them from a roll.
      1. Kbahl21's Avatar
        Kbahl21 -
        S65 was stock the m6's were modded.. Those cars are no joke man they have 604hp and 740 ft/lbs of fkn' torque
      1. Kbahl21's Avatar
        Kbahl21 -
        @drelkraft
        My favorite post on m3post.com (post #26) is still
        "if you spent less time on the forums arguing that you're car is better and more time working maybe you could afford an M car"

        My phone won't let me reply w a quote for some reason
      1. dreikraft's Avatar
        dreikraft -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        sadly i have no heard about anything yet that is in offordable ball park, no one makes headers only thing they have is kleeman ported heads $6000 and cams another $7000 for 15 WHP lol $#@! that. So for now i will wait Kbahl21 will be getting his primary cats cut out and custom one pipe exaust all the way to the back and a tune we will see if he wins against me when we compare it.
        damn, thats some spendy non-impressive mods. no FI?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kbahl21 Click here to enlarge
        @drelkraft
        My favorite post on m3post.com (post #26) is still
        "if you spent less time on the forums arguing that you're car is better and more time working maybe you could afford an M car"

        My phone won't let me reply w a quote for some reason
        like i said...any forum with m3 in the address thinks their stock M can beat anything. ritards
        you MB guys are on alot of bimmer forums btw, i don't even care to frequent most of them.
      1. Kbahl21's Avatar
        Kbahl21 -
        lol yea badblack usually starts something, then i randomly google something about my car and come across the thread..then i get involved
        or i have a pic thread on that forum so i can try to make a some cash here and there doing photo shoots
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        OP do you still have the same car?
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        OP do you still have the same car?
        yup same car
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kbahl21 Click here to enlarge
        S65 was stock the m6's were modded.. Those cars are no joke man they have 604hp and 740 ft/lbs of fkn' torque
        But they are real pigs-almost 5k lbs.
      1. Kbahl21's Avatar
        Kbahl21 -
        thats true
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        So i have reread this whole thread last night here are some conclusions i came with: Sticky claimed tune only 335I will walk me, outcome: sticky was WRONG it took a Jb4 on 100 octane to only pass me when my limiter hit. Then excuses came wrong map ETC... flash back im only re-flashed. Sticky and Few other including me, doubted 370ZNismo will push 500WHP on stock block he is now at 530 WHP. ( we are still to see him run Marine).When 90% of BMW fan boys said that 370Znismo will get walked by 510WHP Evosport M6: once again they ware wrong 370znismo was able to keep ahead by 2 cars every single time. What looks good on paper is not always how it end's up to be in real world.apologies please for all the name calling in to my address Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        So i have reread this whole thread last night here are some conclusions i came with: Sticky claimed tune only 335I will walk me, outcome: sticky was WRONG it took a Jb4 on 100 octane to only pass me when my limiter hit. Then excuses came wrong map ETC... flash back im only re-flashed. Sticky and Few other including me, doubted 370ZNismo will push 500WHP on stock block he is now at 530 WHP. ( we are still to see him run Marine).When 90% of BMW fan boys said that 370Znismo will get walked by 510WHP Evosport M6: once again they ware wrong 370znismo was able to keep ahead by 2 cars every single time. What looks good on paper is not always how it end's up to be in real world.apologies please for all the name calling in to my address Click here to enlarge
        A tune only 335i should walk you and I still think it will if you run an AT on an aggressive map...

        I said the 370Z would beat the M6 actually.

        I also doubt a 530 whp Z will hold up long.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        A tune only 335i should walk you and I still think it will if you run an AT on an aggressive map...

        I said the 370Z would beat the M6 actually.

        I also doubt a 530 whp Z will hold up long.
        blah blah blah you don't give up, if I run NOS tune only 335i is toast. My car is not aggressively tuned a basic reflash. So far z is holding up.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        blah blah blah you don't give up, if I run NOS tune only 335i is toast. My car is not aggressively tuned a basic reflash. So far z is holding up.
        Go run nitrous then if you wish.

        I'm just stating what I feel based on a bit of time spent on this very topic.
      1. NextStep's Avatar
        NextStep -
        Nitrous are nitrous when bottle is empty wings will drop.

        N54 with JB4 + WW meth still without nitrous cost under 1000$ and for those 550 toasted everyday, no need bla bla bla.

        So long the N54 is the beast for low cost tuning if it compare to 550.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NextStep Click here to enlarge
        Nitrous are nitrous when bottle is empty wings will drop.

        N54 with JB4 + WW meth still without nitrous cost under 1000$ and for those 550 toasted everyday, no need bla bla bla.

        So long the N54 is the beast for low cost tuning if it compare to 550.
        You need meth with out it you wont outrun a 550 my mods cost me $400
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        You need meth with out it you wont outrun a 550 my mods cost me $400
        I don't believe that has been demonstrated. I know you have had issues with the car but your trap speeds simply don't agree with that.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't believe that has been demonstrated. I know you have had issues with the car but your trap speeds simply don't agree with that.
        what mods can a 335I get for $400 and out run me? please
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        what mods can a 335I get for $400 and out run me? please
        A JB4?