• Race Video: Tuned CLK550 vs. JB4 335

      Well, here we go, finally, we have a race involving BB member blkclk550. After 30+ pages of keybord warfare races took place. Now, we are told the 335 was on a 100 octane map. Blaizon, the 335 owner, said he would run a 93 octane map. The CLK does pretty well seemingly getting the jump each time and holding it. The cars seem pretty evenly matched with the JB4 having a slight top end advantage. The commentary by whomever filmed was humorous but we could do without it. Either way, look at the vids and decide for yourself.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: Some kills i have done with my 09 CLK550 in the past started by blkclk550 View original post
      Comments 385 Comments
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        I wouldn't call that a run LM. I was trying to get your attention to give you a preview. Lol.
        That was pump. When I sped away at end the end I put meth on.

        I beeped the horn because between both are tint I could see you to see what's up. Just wanted to show you a speed burst pretty much n
        Who did you run last night?
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Me?? Noone. Those cars would be weeping if I was there. LM lives real close to I'm down to meet him whenever. Like I said when we spoke the other night. I really need to get new suspension asap before I get hardcore with the runs/vbox. I'm hoping no longer then month I'll have something.
      1. Blaizon's Avatar
        Blaizon -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        are you sure? have you trapped that in your car, or going off of what someone else has done?




        yea i thought so too..


        why no vids of nismo Vs anything.. like i said, a bit faster than the 110 mph beasts, but still nothing to be even remotly worried about Click here to enlarge



        on a side note just had a quick run w/ BattaM on the way back.. 70-100 and he put 4-5 cars on me instantly.. (im 17psi/93/meth he was pump/no meth i believe)

        $#@! that thing is fast.. the wife said "holy $#@!! what do you need to do to get that fast.."

        i said, "safely?dump about another 10K into the car" Click here to enlarge
        HPF 2.5 car?
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Me?? Noone. Those cars would be weeping if I was there. LM lives real close to I'm down to meet him whenever. Like I said when we spoke the other night. I really need to get new suspension asap before I get hardcore with the runs/vbox. I'm hoping no longer then month I'll have something.
        Yes they would. You wouldn't need any fuels mixes to do so as well. God I love pump fuel rape.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Yea HPF2.5. Pump gas numbers are great. That's the only reason I'm thinking stage3 later. My friends stage3 640rwhp pump. I got lots of other stuff to do before anymore power goes to my car.

        One of them will be a e36m as soon as money permits.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        If your are ever in vt or ma and you want some of a tuned m dct clk let me know. It'll be ugly.

        BG
        Please make it happen...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
        That is correct, I didn't want to brake boost.
        You needed to though... I'm thinking an auto would have had a stronger showing.
      1. alpinedevil335's Avatar
        alpinedevil335 -
        Finally!! Something happened! Good runs guys.
        To the JB Driver, No disrespect but why the hell would you use map5? That map is still in its early development stages and way to conservative. IMHO. Besides you had the octane to run map 7! I Know, iAT bla bla bla. Should have monitored that and cooled off as needed, if no meth. Another thing, work on your take off, Where you in the right gear? I think if the JB car would have been driven better it would have been a totally different outcome. Again no disrespect.
        Not trying to take anything away from the benz but I would like to see him take a better driven car.

        EDIT:

        Just noticed the JB car didn't want to brake boost? WHY?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        i said, "safely?dump about another 10K into the car"
        Hmmm, what she meant to say was dump 10k into another car.
      1. Blaizon's Avatar
        Blaizon -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You needed to though... I'm thinking an auto would have had a stronger showing.
        I don't think it would've mattered at 30mph, that puts me at ~5k rpms in 1st. With my little twins, I'm well into boost at that point.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        I wouldn't call that a run LM. I was trying to get your attention to give you a preview. Lol.
        That was pump. When I sped away at end the end I put meth on.

        I beeped the horn because between both are tint I could see you to see what's up. Just wanted to show you a speed burst pretty much n
        When are you guys going to do a real filmed run? RB 335 vs. HPF M3 will make for some great content, really great content. That is front page material right there plus the whole BMW community would be talking about it. BB exclusive of course... Click here to enlarge
      1. Blaizon's Avatar
        Blaizon -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
        Finally!! Something happened! Good runs guys.
        To the JB Driver, No disrespect but why the hell would you use map5? That map is still in its early development stages and way to conservative. IMHO. Besides you had the octane to run map 7! I Know, iAT bla bla bla. Should have monitored that and cooled off as needed, if no meth. Another thing, work on your take off, Where you in the right gear? I think if the JB car would have been driven better it would have been a totally different outcome. Again no disrespect.
        Not trying to take anything away from the benz but I would like to see him take a better driven car.

        EDIT:

        Just noticed the JB car didn't want to brake boost? WHY?
        Guys...point blank it's a close run. No matter what I could've, should've done this was the outcome. I posted I'd run Map 5 with pump to see what happens, I cheated some and ran 100oct and it was close. Lets just accept it and give props to the CLK.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
        I don't think it would've mattered at 30mph, that puts me at ~5k rpms in 1st. With my little twins, I'm well into boost at that point.
        I don't know, worth trying definitely.

        Why didn't you run out of a higher speed in 2nd where you don't have traction issues and your gearing is in a the sweet spot?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
        Guys...point blank it's a close run. No matter what I could've, should've done this was the outcome. Lets just accept it and give props to the CLK.
        Word. We are going to analyze it though, just how it is with forums.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        After seeming some nice e92m today LM might be dreaming of picking one up and starting fresh. If a solid single turbo would happen his car would be a beast. I'm going to see if I can squeeze some info outta HPF for him. The other 2 threads seemed to die. RIP
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Yea HPF2.5. Pump gas numbers are great. That's the only reason I'm thinking stage3 later. My friends stage3 640rwhp pump. I got lots of other stuff to do before anymore power goes to my car.

        One of them will be a e36m as soon as money permits.
        Once you get the e36m you will not care much about going stage 3. ;-)
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        After seeming some nice e92m today LM might be dreaming of picking one up and starting fresh. If a solid single turbo would happen his car would be a beast. I'm going to see if I can squeeze some info outta HPF for him. The other 2 threads seemed to die. RIP
        HPF isn't going to do a turbo setup for that car let alone a twin turbo setup.

        At this point we are still waiting for the built motors to get buttoned down with SC's. Turbos are going to be a mess to tune without a standalone.
      1. Blaizon's Avatar
        Blaizon -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't know, worth trying definitely.

        Why didn't you run out of a higher speed in 2nd where you don't have traction issues and your gearing is in a the sweet spot?
        By that time it was the 6-8th runs and I was way too hot. I was fine with the previous runs.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Well I'm super close to LM. I think one day this week I'll head over his way to start getting used to using vbox and such. Whenever he's free. You guys will see some stuff to but like I've been saying give me another month or so do get my suspension then ITs on.

        Work was dead for months. Just now picking. Pretty soon I'll have souch footage you'll get tired of my car.
      1. Blaizon's Avatar
        Blaizon -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Word. We are going to analyze it though, just how it is with forums.
        True...