Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you sure Click here to enlarge one of them looks like Blaizon... i think the taller one. but i dont remember if i met him or another guy with similar screenname and car..
    you sure you not a LostCop ? HAHAHAH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

GODZILLA =D

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

how did he run? and you misspelled it, its GODZIRRA!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

well he had temp plates on so i was like stock! he ran like 13 then we dunno if the driver changed he started doing 11.6 lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

remember mph?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

$#@! everyone asking me i think it was 125.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Blaizeon VS 370nismo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    $#@! everyone asking me i think it was 125.
    No $#@!in way! had to be a 2012 then, or used an modded. i havent seen a stocker trap 120+ yet
    Blaizeon VS 370nismo

335 BEATS GTM TT 370Z! Click here to enlarge

Post that on the370.com Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    wow, ive never been there, but that track looks like a podunk hillbilly track, surprised they dont have a 1/4 mi mud track like i used to go to when in NC
    You have NO idea lol! It's been there forever&they hardly ever put any money into renovations/track improvements etc..it's located in the valley of a mountain&there is a huge sod farm adjacent to it..at nite when the temp drops&the dew point approaches you can see a mist roll over from the sod farm onto the staging lanes&then down the track. The shutdown area after the traps is on the short side as well,once you hit the traps u gotta jam on your brakes asap lol.
    The good thing about Island is its cheap($15 on a weeknite),and substantially less crowded than either E-Town or Atco. If ou get there when the gates open(before all the kids w the ricers) you can easily make 20 passes in a nite

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Well done !
    great pics Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    You have NO idea lol! It's been there forever&they hardly ever put any money into renovations/track improvements etc..it's located in the valley of a mountain&there is a huge sod farm adjacent to it..at nite when the temp drops&the dew point approaches you can see a mist roll over from the sod farm onto the staging lanes&then down the track. The shutdown area after the traps is on the short side as well,once you hit the traps u gotta jam on your brakes asap lol.
    The good thing about Island is its cheap($15 on a weeknite),and substantially less crowded than either E-Town or Atco. If ou get there when the gates open(before all the kids w the ricers) you can easily make 20 passes in a nite
    haha dude look at the pictures! we had Fog and Mountain Mist when we go there! on weekends it's 30 to run.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Well done !
    great pics Click here to enlarge
    Thx will post more soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

blkclk550's car is the fastest thing on the road, its the tits Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Tips for future reference.

Run race gas, maybe you already did.

Pull everything you can out of the car.

Run the Hoosier drag radial or the Mickey Thompson drag radial, drop the psi to around 18 and heat them up nicely.

Stall it up as much as you can, using the hand brake if necessary to keep from moving.

Run when it's freezing cold.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Run race gas, maybe you already did. half tank 93 one gallon 110

Pull everything you can out of the car. did so

Run the Hoosier drag radial or the Mickey Thompson drag radial, drop the psi to around 18 and heat them up nicely. did tire pressure to 18 but no drag tires

Stall it up as much as you can, using the hand brake if necessary to keep from moving. did so but the track was 2 slippery if i started at 2k car just stayed spinning peak TQ at 3000k.

Run when it's freezing cold. was not freezing but humid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Run race gas, maybe you already did.
    would you even benefit from race gas if your car isn't tuned for it on a n/a vehicle?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Moedy Click here to enlarge
    would you even benefit from race gas if your car isn't tuned for it on a n/a vehicle?
    Depends on the vehicle but a higher compression European car will definitely benefit.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Run race gas, maybe you already did. half tank 93 one gallon 110
    [/B]
    If you purchased that 110 octane fuel at Island you are aware its leaded right?

Off topic but running high octane race fuel in an engine where its not required will actually produce less HP then pump gas. The least amount of required octane is best. On the Benz,(at least on my E63)I would always run pump gas at the strip&when I tried some 100/93 mix I actually lost mph. The only race fuel Id run in your CLK would be an oxygenated fuel like VP MS109 if you have the proper tune for it you will pick up a few mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Off topic but running high octane race fuel in an engine where its not required will actually produce less HP then pump gas. The least amount of required octane is best. On the Benz,(at least on my E63)I would always run pump gas at the strip&when I tried some 100/93 mix I actually lost mph. The only race fuel Id run in your CLK would be an oxygenated fuel like VP MS109 if you have the proper tune for it you will pick up a few mph
    it did look like i lost a few MPH i trapped slower than stock CLK550 wich i have to figure out now. I still have bent rims/impact bubble/ and alignment issue that could of also caused to lose a few MPH.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

it did look like i lost a few MPH i trapped slower than stock CLK550 wich i have to figure out now. I still have bent rims/impact bubble/ and alignment issue that could of also caused to lose a few MPH.
    lol, yea... it would..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

IMO,you really need to address that bent wheel/impact bubble before you purchase drag radial/wheel set-up. The tech inspection at Island is a joke so its no surprise they let u run the car like that. Not only would it suck to have a blowout at the track(or on the street)but it'd suck to pay $200 for the upcoming Atco rental only to not be allowed down the track if one of the track workers see's the damaged tire.
    I'd be willing to give u a few tips/pointers at the rental that helped me set the stock E63 1/4mi record if your interested

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

IMO,you really need to address that bent wheel/impact bubble before you purchase drag radial/wheel set-up. The tech inspection at Island is a joke so its no surprise they let u run the car like that. Not only would it suck to have a blowout at the track(or on the street)but it'd suck to pay $200 for the upcoming Atco rental only to not be allowed down the track if one of the track workers see's the damaged tire.
    I'd be willing to give u a few tips/pointers at the rental that helped me set the stock E63 1/4mi record if your interested
    yes i am addressing all the issues but my rims bend every $#@!ing month =D so i keep replacing the tires every 2 months and it's $#@!ing COSTLY! i had my tranny and diff done yest and car feels much better. So far i have the fastest 1/4 time on the dragtimes for clk550 =D. But yeah i would love to get some tips maybe i can hit 12.2 =D

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

so yeah stock ck550 can hit 12.8 also.
    Last edited by blkclk550; 04-12-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes i am addressing all the issues but my rims bend every $#@!ing month =D so i keep replacing the tires every 2 months and it's $#@!ing COSTLY! i had my tranny and diff done yest and car feels much better. So far i have the fastest 1/4 time on the dragtimes for clk550 =D. But yeah i would love to get some tips maybe i can hit 12.2 =D

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

so yeah stock ck550 can hit 12.8 also.

You need some lightweight forged wheels for daily driving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dynomite05 Click here to enlarge
    You need some lightweight forged wheels for daily driving.
    yeah bro sooo much $#@! to do!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Agree he should only run oxygenated fuel however why would you lose MPH with 100/93 mix? They M156 is fairly high compression and should make good use of race gas to advance timing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

You didn't lose any MPH, you trapped what you should trap. A stock CLK550 would likely have trapped 105 or so, magazine times are optimistic and not done at teh strip. Just don't run any leaded race fuel.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast