Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

and why should he only run oxtgenated fuel? does that make it run more lean than normal?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and why should he only run oxtgenated fuel? does that make it run more lean than normal?
    It's because the car isn't setup for leaded fuel and it will ruin your 02 sensors.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You didn't lose any MPH, you trapped what you should trap. A stock CLK550 would likely have trapped 105 or so, magazine times are optimistic and not done at teh strip. Just don't run any leaded race fuel.
    My buddy ran 13 flat @ 108 on stock clk cabrio and it's 200-300 lbs heavier than mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Agree he should only run oxygenated fuel however why would you lose MPH with 100/93 mix? They M156 is fairly high compression and should make good use of race gas to advance timing.
    i have M273 not M156

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

It's because the car isn't setup for leaded fuel and it will ruin your 02 sensors.
    yes but leaded and oxygenated doesnt mean leaded, and non-oxy does dot mean leaded,.. does it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

i ran half tank 93 unleaded and one gallon 110 leaded so i would think im on a safer side. where Blaizeon ran 5 gallons 110 Leaded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    i ran half tank 93 unleaded and one gallon 110 leaded so i would think im on a safer side. where Blaizeon ran 5 gallons 110 Leaded.
    not the smartest idea Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes,but IIRC Blaizon is F.I. and your N/A so the fuel requirements are vastly different. You crank up the boost&you NEED that extra octane.

Optimally,when u run an oxygenated fuel like MS109,MR12,U4.4 etc you would add about 3-5%(rough estimate) more fuel on your tune to take full advantage of the oxygenated fuel. However,you will still see a slight improvement even w/out optimal tuning w the oxy fuel as compared to pump gas.
    There are both leaded&unleaded oxygenated fuels,MS109 is unleaded..MR12&Q16 are leaded

@Sticky: I have no idea as to why I lost a few mph when I mixed 93/100 but I did,it was a december Atco track rental so who knows. Everyone said it should have helped but for me,it didnt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky: I have no idea as to why I lost a few mph when I mixed 93/100 but I did,it was a december Atco track rental so who knows. Everyone said it should have helped but for me,it didnt.
    That is really weird. I can say my car has always responded well to the additional octane, never lost MPH due to it.

I have no explanation for your experience.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

That is really weird. I can say my car has always responded well to the additional octane, never lost MPH due to it.

I have no explanation for your experience.
    Maybe your car comes from the factory in a higher state if tune then the E63? Also,since I made a dozen or so passes or 93&then did the 93/100 mix the ECU didnt have enuff time(miles) to adapt? I dunno,no big deal anyway Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Good runs. Did you run the car in dyno mode? You can definitely squeeze a 12.6 or so out of her if you remove all the spare wheel equipment and get a better launch. Englishtown will produce much better results than Island. Island is only good for AWD cars or for practice. You will never break any records there with your RWD V8 car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Good runs. Did you run the car in dyno mode? You can definitely squeeze a 12.6 or so out of her if you remove all the spare wheel equipment and get a better launch. Englishtown will produce much better results than Island. Island is only good for AWD cars or for practice. You will never break any records there with your RWD V8 car.
    Yeah i went there just to practice since the strip was empty and very close to me and i was able to learn how to launch my car, my issue is the alignment and bent rim with small impact bubble my car starts to shake past 70mph which i am more than positive results in the slow down of my car. I also was past on my transmission and diff service which i am also sure slowed me down, if i end up going to Atco i will try to have my exaust done and have slicks on and repair all the bent rim issues in the front and alignment. Yes i ran the car in Dyno mode.
    Last edited by blkclk550; 04-13-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah i went there just to practice since the strip was empty and very close to me and i was able to learn how to launch my car, my issue is the alignment and bent rim with small impact bubble my car starts to shake past 70mph which i am more than positive results in the slow down of my car. I also was past on my transmission and diff service which i am also sure slowed me down, if i end up going to Atco i will try to have my exaust done and have slicks on and repair all the bent rim issues in the front and alignment. Yes i ran the car in Dyno mode.

With all the potholes here in NY, it's almost mandatory to check your wheels and tires before any high speed runs. I'll never forget going down the track sideways and wondering why I couldn't hook for sh*t only to find out I had a nail protruding from the tire...I was doing 160mph+ highway runs too on my way to the track so I had an angel with me that night.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    With all the potholes here in NY, it's almost mandatory to check your wheels and tires before any high speed runs. I'll never forget going down the track sideways and wondering why I couldn't hook for sh*t only to find out I had a nail protruding from the tire...I was doing 160mph+ highway runs too on my way to the track so I had an angel with me that night.
    indeed there was.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

i have M273 not M156
    I was referring to the M156 in the E63 regarding his post of losing MPH.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I was referring to the M156 in the E63 regarding his post of losing MPH.
    Oh Me bad

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

My buddy ran 13 flat @ 108 on stock clk cabrio and it's 200-300 lbs heavier than mine.
    Thought I replied to this but the reply was lost I guess.

On street tires spinning or a poor 60 foot will give you a higher trap usually. So, you won't see your trap vary much and if you hook well sometimes it will go down. Plus, your buddy ran in different conditions likely and probably on a different strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Thought I replied to this but the reply was lost I guess.

On street tires spinning or a poor 60 foot will give you a higher trap usually. So, you won't see your trap vary much and if you hook well sometimes it will go down. Plus, your buddy ran in different conditions likely and probably on a different strip.
    we live in the same town he went to raceway park to run but his 60 foot is not the best.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-21535.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

we live in the same town.
    Ok, but did he run at the same strip in the same conditions? Do you have his slip?

Just remember, trap speed won't vary all that much and spinning on streets will get you a higher trap usually.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Ok, but did he run at the same strip in the same conditions? Do you have his slip?

Just remember, trap speed won't vary all that much and spinning on streets will get you a higher trap usually.
    i will try to get him to come to atco so we can compare mine vs stock on the strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No ricer math!! Cars need to be at the same track,on the same day&preferrably run side by side(D/A changes by the minute so even if u ran a few hours apart it could skew the desired results) in order to have a factual discussion as to who's car traps higher w less mods,same mods,more mods etc etc etc...Gotta be done this way or its nonsense to compare
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

No ricer math!! Cars need to be at the same track,on the same day&preferrably run side by side(D/A changes by the minute so even if u ran a few hours apart it could skew the desired results) in order to have a factual discussion as to who's car traps higher w less mods,same mods,more mods etc etc etc...Gotta be done this way or its nonsense to compare
    yup as i said i will invite him to Atco.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Speaking of which,usually there is a 12-15car max...seems alot of people are intending on going(more than 15)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Absolutely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Speaking of which,usually there is a 12-15car max...seems alot of people are intending on going(more than 15)
    lots of talk, little deposists. all im doing is spreeading the word, Dogers jobs to filter the requests Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast