2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Conspiracy theories begin: Glen Beck claims Osama not dead

Listen to this:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is he sugesting that we have him and he is alive?? cuz if so and we are using him for itel then im ok with that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure the government would lie about this because if the word ever got out (and it usually does) then they would look incredibly bad in front of the public. Also, whether he is dead or alive but in custody, he's been eliminated as a threat, so same end result.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure the government would lie about this because if the word ever got out (and it usually does) then they would look incredibly bad in front of the public. Also, whether he is dead or alive but in custody, he's been eliminated as a threat, so same end result.
    exactly. I could deal with him being alive and in custody, but I doubt he is free. Human beings cant keep their mouths shut and word would travel too fast and bee too embarassing. He is no more is all i know.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is anyone surprised? "We have photos of him dead, but we don't think we want to show them to you."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Is anyone surprised? "We have photos of him dead, but we don't think we want to show them to you."
    Was reading they plan to release it. I think at this point they have no choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Was reading they plan to release it. I think at this point they have no choice.
    Yea. I find it funny there was no problem for them to show beheadings, but a gun shot to the head is worse?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    My conspiracy thoughts on UBL are this:
    Our govt "liked" having enemy #1 and we knew where he was most of the time and we tracked his every move.
    Having an enemy to point your finger at is useful for our govt because when they need to do something (eg. wire tap us, invade other countries, boost polls via fear, etc.) they have someone to blame.
    As we all know, UBL was sick for some time and I think our govt knew his days were numbered and decided to "finally" get him because once he died naturally we would fail at capture and who knows what his supporters would do (ie. Say he's alive when he's not).
    So as his usefulness as enemy #1 was running out it was time to cash in.

Don't you find it unusual how the govt reported UBL appeared healthy, ummm yeah okay you can judge ones health with a visual inspection and why is that relevant--I'll tell you why, to dispel my theory of him being gravely ill.
    And do we really believe that our govt can pull off this whole thing so flawlessly, but it took 10 years to find him.
    Pakistan knew he was there and yeah UBL greased a few palms to stay, but do you think our govt didn't grease a lot more for the same info.
    If the Paks were bribed by UBL, what makes you think our billions of dollars and "unlimited" budget couldn't buy this info?
    When info is up for sale, it usually goes to the highest bidder.

We knew where he was and now he's dead--our govt now needs to find a new enemy to point at.
    We've always had an enemy, for me growing up it was the USSR, then Saddam, then UBL...on and on.
    My .02
    Last edited by P31-C63; 05-04-2011 at 08:26 AM.
    2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
    Click here to enlarge
    2011 X3 2.8 Vermillion Red/Black loaded

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They have said for 2 days they have photos. If that were true, they would have released them. They're probably subject to FOIA anyway...and the government knows this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm of the mind that he was to large of an intel cache to kill on site. The Seal teams are well trained and if they were told to capture, not kill, then that is what would have happened. I believe he is being held and interrogated. At this point to much time has elapsed for me to believe any photos that will be released are real. Heck, I could have faked some pics of UBL sitting on my front porch drinking a martini sour by now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They have said for 2 days they have photos. If that were true, they would have released them. They're probably subject to FOIA anyway...and the government knows this.
    I don't think not sharing them in a 2 day period necessarily makes it untrue. They have proceeded with caution on this entire thing. Every move is now calculated and deliberate.

I don't think the FOIA really means all that much as look at how they went after the wikileaks people for releasing state documents that technically we should be guaranteed access to according to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    I'm of the mind that he was to large of an intel cache to kill on site. The Seal teams are well trained and if they were told to capture, not kill, then that is what would have happened. I believe he is being held and interrogated. At this point to much time has elapsed for me to believe any photos that will be released are real. Heck, I could have faked some pics of UBL sitting on my front porch drinking a martini sour by now...
    Captured and interrogated? Interesting theory but I doubt it. Also, he would know this was a possible outcome and I would think he would do everything possible to make sure his life was lost in the "struggle" so to speak. Maybe he was really sickly anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think not sharing them in a 2 day period necessarily makes it untrue. They have proceeded with caution on this entire thing. Every move is now calculated and deliberate.

I don't think the FOIA really means all that much as look at how they went after the wikileaks people for releasing state documents that technically we should be guaranteed access to according to it.
    They say these pics are too gruesome, but videos of beheaddings are not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's not UBL's MO though. He is not a martyr...he recruits and funds martyrs. If that was the case, then what better recruiting tool to use then him showing up somewhere in the open and blowing himself up and taking out a bunch of infidels? Believe it or not, his profile is of a person that in the end values his life and is not one that would take his own life, in any circumstance. We have a lot to gain from his knowledge of how "The Cell" works. In the end UBL is just a rich brat with sociopath tendencies that decided to use his families money to fund a cause that he felt was right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a feeling he was taken alive as well. They're probably keeping him at some remote location that nobody knows even exists.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's not UBL's MO though. He is not a martyr...he recruits and funds martyrs. If that was the case, then what better recruiting tool to use then him showing up somewhere in the open and blowing himself up and taking out a bunch of infidels? Believe it or not, his profile is of a person that in the end values his life and is not one that would take his own life, in any circumstance. We have a lot to gain from his knowledge of how "The Cell" works. In the end UBL is just a rich brat with sociopath tendencies that decided to use his families money to fund a cause that he felt was right.
    I agree with this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are waterboarding that $#@! right now with a car battery attached to his balls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It makes the most sense for him to fund martys as long as he can until he is to become a martyr himself from his perspective. Additionally, the guy put his life on the line in Afghanistan so I don't think he feared death all that much. He did live as the world's most wanted man for quite some time. The thoughts about them finally coming to get him had to run through his head.

I don't think we can definitively state what his value of his own life was as there is enough evidence of him putting it in danger that the argument could be made he would want to sacrifice it for his cause.

I do agree there would be a lot to gain from capturing him alive if everything is as how we see it. They clearly decided to eliminate him and that they would rather gather information from materials than from him directly.

Yes, he was a rich brat who used his families money to do what he wanted he wanted to do. I'm glad we don't have any rich brats living off their families money pushing their own policies in important positions in our government.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are waterboarding that $#@! right now with a car battery attached to his balls.
    I wonder if they have any idea how many youtube views they are just letting slip by?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cough **extreme security submersible prison**

So in reality what was reported is true...He was buried at sea. So to speak.

If anyone wants some good insight into the Seals, then I recommend reading Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm glad we don't have any rich brats living off their families money pushing their own policies in important positions in our government.
    No doubt....Just imagine Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Food for thought:

A key question for President Barack Obama: whether to release graphic images of bin Laden's corpse. Doing so could dispel doubts that bin Laden is indeed dead. The worry, though, is that it would feed anti-U.S. sentiment.

CIA Director Leon Panetta said at least one photo is likely to be released. The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., hoped not.

Rogers said Wednesday he was concerned that the photo could be seen as a "trophy" that inflames U.S. critics and makes it harder for members of the American military deployed overseas to do their job.

"Conspiracy theorists are going to see the pictures and find 10 reasons why they think it's someone else," Rogers said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"I don't know what we gain by showing this picture."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Speculation as to whether they are real or not will always be there. I agree though. We gain nothing by showing the pictures. One way to look at it is that the odds are that more people would believe that the pics are real than people that don't. So, I guess that would be better than everyone assuming that he is still alive. I'm not sure if the positives outweigh the negatives on this. A lot of people "libs in particular" will be outraged. A lot of nations will be outraged. A lot of people will be indifferent. Who really knows? I guess it could show a cocky side of the US as well as that we are not afraid of these guys and are willing to do what is necessary to take them out. Again, who knows?

It is my observation based on what I have seen so far that he is still breathing...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cough **extreme security submersible prison**

So in reality what was reported is true...He was buried at sea. So to speak.

If anyone wants some good insight into the Seals, then I recommend reading Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell
    He was the SEAL who survived that ambush in Afghanistan when all the other troops were killed, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Speculation as to whether they are real or not will always be there. I agree though. We gain nothing by showing the pictures. One way to look at it is that the odds are that more people would believe that the pics are real than people that don't. So, I guess that would be better than everyone assuming that he is still alive. I'm not sure if the positives outweigh the negatives on this. A lot of people "libs in particular" will be outraged. A lot of nations will be outraged. A lot of people will be indifferent. Who really knows? I guess it could show a cocky side of the US as well as that we are not afraid of these guys and are willing to do what is necessary to take them out. Again, who knows?

It is my observation based on what I have seen so far that he is still breathing...
    I would consider myself pretty liberal and I want to see the pics. Our government lies to us constantly. It needs to stop, especially with an event like this. Remember the WMDs in Iraq? I don't...because they weren't there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast