Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    well today i had a smell of clutch and then followed by check engine light.... Torque converter?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    well today i had a smell of clutch and then followed by check engine light.... Torque converter?
    I think it's safe to say definitely the trans. What the hell have you done to it?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chi
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Points
    1,170.1
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think it's safe to say definitely the trans. What the hell have you done to it?
    THIS
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

    Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

    Sales@eurocharged.com

    Over 7000 customers strong!

    Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think it's safe to say definitely the trans. What the hell have you done to it?
    nothing at all man i dunno wtf is going on this all started happening after my starter failed and Mercedes replaced it... i have 600 miles left on warranty car going in and im not taking it back till they figure out the issue.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    So we pulled the codes and they are saying that there is a problem contacting the transmission TCU.................. benz better warranty my $#@!.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chi
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Points
    1,170.1
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    So we pulled the codes and they are saying that there is a problem contacting the transmission TCU.................. benz better warranty my $#@!.
    ok, now thats better....about time it threw codes..was starting to wonder....

    they will replace and recode the TCU...standard proceedure..
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

    Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

    Sales@eurocharged.com

    Over 7000 customers strong!

    Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    ok, now thats better....about time it threw codes..was starting to wonder....

    they will replace and recode the TCU...standard proceedure..
    i really hope they do i have 600 miles left on warranty, this happened right after Mercedes replaced my starter that failed.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    i replaced all of my stock pulleys and the belt tensioner and put my stock pulley back on i no longer have the woosh sound when flooring it, after i get my TCU checked i will put brand new after market pulley on and see if the problem comes back. Also car is noticeably slower with out the light weight pulley.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    i replaced all of my stock pulleys and the belt tensioner and put my stock pulley back on i no longer have the woosh sound when flooring it, after i get my TCU checked i will put brand new after market pulley on and see if the problem comes back. Also car is noticeably slower with out the light weight pulley.
    So you are thinking the pulley might have been the whole problem?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you are thinking the pulley might have been the whole problem?
    i think it was one of the stock pulleys maybe the belt tensioner went bad because all of them ware new in the system and i dunno if my car had the older ones. So i wont know unless i put the aftermarket pulley back on.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    i think it was one of the stock pulleys maybe the belt tensioner went bad because all of them ware new in the system and i dunno if my car had the older ones. So i wont know unless i put the aftermarket pulley back on.
    If its running fine leave the pulley off.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If its running fine leave the pulley off.
    it ran fine before with the pulley and then after my starter failed and was replaced by mercedes the belt started slipping of the pulley, the company sent me a new one which i will put on after i figure out the problem with my TCU. i will also track my car with the stock pulley to see if the lightweight did any performance improvement in the 1/4.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,858
    Rep Points
    31,808.3
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    it ran fine before with the pulley and then after my starter failed and was replaced by mercedes the belt started slipping of the pulley, the company sent me a new one which i will put on after i figure out the problem with my TCU. i will also track my car with the stock pulley to see if the lightweight did any performance improvement in the 1/4.
    I'm almost certain the lightweight pulley would give you a few RWHP. You can already feel it, right?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm almost certain the lightweight pulley would give you a few RWHP. You can already feel it, right?
    yeah car pulls not as free as it did before, but i ran at the track with the crank seal leaking and a faulty Crank Censor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •