Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Renntech long tube headers available for W216 Mercedes CL63 AMG with M156 V8 - $8200

W216 CL63 AMG owners now have a new long tube header option courtesy of Renntech. As most know, the header is a good place to pick up power on the M156 motors. The Renntech solution features T-304 stainless steel with 2 inch diameter tubing. 200 cell cats are included in the headers which we believe robs some power. No word on a catless race option which also would likely drop the cost from the VERY steep $8200. Check out photos and the video below.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if they were in the 5 k range then i would do it . 8200 plus install plus a tune and your almost @ Weistec numbers which i would prefer over the headers .
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Isn't 2" overkill for this motor?
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Isn't 2" overkill for this motor?
    No idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thought this was interesting though, got this picture in an e-mail. Apparently nobody wants this picture to get out and it says for it not to be posted anywhere... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds incredible, but for $8,200?! No thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _AMG_ Click here to enlarge
    Sounds incredible, but for $8,200?! No thanks
    I agree the sound is very nice. That cost though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $8200 + install fee, your better off spending a few more thousand and go with a Weistec blower.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    $8200 + install fee, your better off spending a few more thousand and go with a Weistec blower.
    Logical and a good point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

loool

Those are not Longtubes and pricing them for 8200 is a major rip off. the real longtube headers for the C63 are headers like MHP and MBH. Those kill renntech anyday and anytime, I gurantee it. I personally witnessed how horrible those headers are and how weak they preform on the streetClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    Those are not Longtubes and pricing them for 8200 is a major rip off. the real longtube headers for the C63 are headers like MHP and MBH. Those kill renntech anyday and anytime, I gurantee it. I personally witnessed how horrible those headers are and how weak they preform on the streetClick here to enlarge
    How exactly did they perform horribly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DAGREEKNYC Click here to enlarge
    if they were in the 5 k range then i would do it . 8200 plus install plus a tune and your almost @ Weistec numbers which i would prefer over the headers .
    x2 I agree. It does sound pretty beast though.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1
    These are mid-length headers.
    True long tube headers have 4 long primary pipes that go past the final bend connecting to the merge collector.
    MBH is a full length header not long tube.
    MHP and Benzworks headers on the other hand are true long tube headers.
    Last edited by _AMG_; 09-30-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _AMG_ Click here to enlarge
    +1
    These are mid-length headers.
    True long tube headers have 4 long primary pipes that go past the final bend connecting to the merge collector.
    MBH is a full length header not long tube.
    MHP and Benzworks headers on the other hand are true long tube headers.
    MBH is a longtube. They also have four long primary pipes, but they are a tri-y design, unlike MHP, which is a 4-1 design connecting to the merge collector like you mentioned. MBH has larger primaries

Both of these types of headers have been tested on the dyno to give above 40rwhp. Something that the renntech headers will never achieve.

and for the person that asked me about witnessing this, Im runing a 4-1 defellipio long tube design and I raced a C63 having the same set up and tune that I have, except that he is runing with renntech Longtubes(as they call it) and their akropvic exhuast. to put it in small words, I literally raped himClick here to enlarge. That person is now ordering a set of new MBH headers from Dynocomp
    Last edited by 63Master; 09-30-2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: misspell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MBH is a longtube. They also have four long primary pipes, but they are a tri-y design, unlike MHP, which is a 4-1 design connecting to the merge collector like you mentioned. MBH has larger primaries

Both of these types of headers have been tested on the dyno to give above 40rwhp. Something that the renntech headers will never achieve.

and for the person that asked me about witnessing this, Im runing a 4-1 defellipio long tube design and I raced a C63 having the same set up and tune that I have, except that he is runing with renntech Longtubes(as they call it) and their akropvic exhuast. to put it in small words, I literally raped himClick here to enlarge. That person is now ordering a set of new MBH headers from Dynocomp
    Lol, Renntech headers arent the best in the world that's for sure.
    Not too crazy about the design either, notice how the primaries merge into each other, I don't understand why they would do that. Click here to enlarge

Ive even read Renntech shorty headers cracking near the welds after some use. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by _AMG_; 09-30-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RENNtech seems to be using CAT. Does the other brand uses metallic CAT for emission? Anyone with LT can make more power without CAT, but is it legal with CARB? I guess not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    RENNtech seems to be using CAT. Does the other brand uses metallic CAT for emission? Anyone with LT can make more power without CAT, but is it legal with CARB? I guess not.
    Definitely not legal without it so Renntech is going the responsible street legal route.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Kleeman uses cats but they are shorty headers.
    MBH also sells 200 cell hi-flow cats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sounds pissed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry 63Master don't believe the thing with you raping a renntech C63. I think it was the other way around.
    You must be thinking this forum platform is great, very low threshold for proving anything, as long as nobody calls you on it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
    Sorry 63Master don't believe the thing with you raping a renntech C63. I think it was the other way around.
    You must be thinking this forum platform is great, very low threshold for proving anything, as long as nobody calls you on it?
    looool. I'm pretty sure you dont know what you are talking about. Renntech sucks. Go find anybody runing a C63 with full MBH exhust or a full MHP exhust and race a renntech C63. I dont mind being called on and racing a renntech C63. Do you have one? I'll race you and I'll put the race on HD video and post it on youtube. PM Me if you are intrested.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looool. I'm pretty sure you dont know what you are talking about. Renntech sucks. Go find anybody runing a C63 with full MBH exhust or a full MHP exhust and race a renntech C63. I dont mind being called on and racing a renntech C63. Do you have one? I'll race you and I'll put the race on HD video and post it on youtube. PM Me if you are intrested.
    Well you still haven't supported your statement of the "horrible" performance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am talking about the one you supposedly "raped".
    Where is that video please?
    Looks like you are one of the MBH/Dynocomp leg humpers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well you still haven't supported your statement of the "horrible" performance.
    Dude, if your happy with renntech, then go with them, lets see how happy you are when cars modded by MHP pass by you like flamesClick here to enlarge

I'm not trying to cause a war and i'm not making things up here. I saw How a renntech 63 car preforms, did you? NO!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast