Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Looking great. I think I have missed all the updates on your car. Was the 660whp run the one with the wheel spin or have you run that power again?
    Any plans for a built motor?
    After the ESS disappointment with the E60 M5 I am pulling the trigger on this kit so excuse the off topic questions.
    we ended up taking the Dymags off the car and dynoted it with the drag tires and it worked a lot better. We got a few more little things going on mt car and Earls car which will result in even higher numbers, stay tuned.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean exactly?
    As a consumer I feel that I have been strung along in terms of the release of the kit. They first said they had already put 50,000 development miles or kilometers on the test vehicle. Then it gets released only to mention that modifications where required, this after all along they where testing the mule. Finally the kit is shown, thereafter they mention twin cone induction is being developed and the VT2 is not available etc. If the testing has to be done for so long what where they testing? Will they now test the VT2 for how long until its out.
    I have been speaking to Steven from Weistec and I prefer the straight shooter attitude in comparison to the feeling I got for ESS and the way they handled the release of their kit. He responds to my queries in detail without skipping questions which means he cares for attention to detail. Either way I was going to go with a built motor route so seeing its a long hall I would rather go with someone that cares more.
    This is a personal opinion and in no way am I degrading the ESS kit, its just who I am comfortable dealing with.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -229.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    How about G-Power George?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Running no hood actually doesn't make a big difference and can have negative effects. Running a properly designed ram air hood directs the air and funnels it into and around the motor which increases power and cooling.
    Running with no hood can actually cause cooling problems. Mainly that the air can now find its way around the coolers, rather than through them.

    As others have mentioned, it sure will look aggresive. But I don't think that will bother Jrcart at all, IMHO.

    The view of it on the car will be the proof in the pudding.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Here's another teaser, this one is in primer...getting close. As soon as it's painted and installed I will post those pics.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    607.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Very Shelby-esque. Will have to see it on the car, but bet it'll look good/aggressive.
    Good call on the Shelby look. But, I like that look a lot.

    This is a very cool project.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    How about G-Power George?
    Too pricey.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    As a consumer I feel that I have been strung along in terms of the release of the kit. They first said they had already put 50,000 development miles or kilometers on the test vehicle. Then it gets released only to mention that modifications where required, this after all along they where testing the mule. Finally the kit is shown, thereafter they mention twin cone induction is being developed and the VT2 is not available etc. If the testing has to be done for so long what where they testing? Will they now test the VT2 for how long until its out.
    I have been speaking to Steven from Weistec and I prefer the straight shooter attitude in comparison to the feeling I got for ESS and the way they handled the release of their kit. He responds to my queries in detail without skipping questions which means he cares for attention to detail. Either way I was going to go with a built motor route so seeing its a long hall I would rather go with someone that cares more.
    This is a personal opinion and in no way am I degrading the ESS kit, its just who I am comfortable dealing with.
    Weistec doesn't make any products for your car though. I definitely prefer Weistec's approach with, well, everything compared to ESS.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    84
    Rep Points
    114.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I like how you kept the depression for the Mercedes emblem. Gives it slight....albeit very sleight "OEM feel." Is the large rear slot a vent to dissipate heat? Can't wait to see it painted and installed.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sincity Click here to enlarge
    I like how you kept the depression for the Mercedes emblem. Gives it slight....albeit very sleight "OEM feel." Is the large rear slot a vent to dissipate heat? Can't wait to see it painted and installed.
    Yes, I wanted to keep a hood badge on the car for a more OEM look. I had them relocate the hood badge depression up to the top of the opening. If you look at the first photos I posted on page 1 you will notice there are two depressions, one in the original location and one up top. I moved it up top for two reasons, first is that we wanted uninterrupted airflow going into the opening and second was asthetics, that "ramp" into the opeing is going to be painted matte black to match my grill and I thought a badge there would look like ass.

    Regarding the back opening, yes its a heat extraction vent, it will utilize the stock bolt on grill and windsheild washer jets but there was special openings and cowling made to extract about 3x as much heat/air as the stock hood alloed for. A lot of thought and engineering was put into this hood. I hope it works well.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    84
    Rep Points
    114.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I didn't notice the depression up front on the first pic; agreed it would look like ass. Much better on top.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Hood is getting installed on the car tomorrow afternoon Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looking forward to pictures.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Hood installed, no paint yet.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Holy crap!!! Looks pretty crazy but I'm sure it'll make some good power.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks very aggressive but won't it increase drag?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Weistec doesn't make any products for your car though. I definitely prefer Weistec's approach with, well, everything compared to ESS.
    They do as I do not list all my cars so I will be a customer very soon, waiting on Stg2 to be released. My M5 is history as of last week.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It's a Trans-Am AMG! Click here to enlarge

    Great work, interested to see if the hood alone improves performance.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looks very aggressive but won't it increase drag?
    Drag??? No the engine is going to suck up the air like a vacuum cleaner, any excess gets chaneled out through escape ducts. This thing was designed and built by engineers with only one thing in mind...making serious HP!
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    They do as I do not list all my cars so I will be a customer very soon, waiting on Stg2 to be released. My M5 is history as of last week.
    What car now?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    638
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Hood installed, no paint yet.Click here to enlarge
    Looks very aggressive Jim... :hangestures-thumb: I got a couple of questions for ya: from the angle you took the picture, it almost looks like the hood is raised a little too high but when trying to look at it from the front, it doesn't look that high at all, how does it look in person? Does it change the sound of the car? Will you paint it in two tones or one?

    Can't wait to see your results.... I'm very excited to see a 63 in the low 10s Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What car now?
    C63. Hoping it can beat my 335 by the time I am done with it.Click here to enlarge

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    C63. Hoping it can beat my 335 by the time I am done with it.Click here to enlarge
    Congrats, create a thread with some pics when you get a chance.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Congrats, create a thread with some pics when you get a chance.
    When I get the kit will do a installation pic thread. Steven needs to shift gear now.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Looks very aggressive Jim... :hangestures-thumb: I got a couple of questions for ya: from the angle you took the picture, it almost looks like the hood is raised a little too high but when trying to look at it from the front, it doesn't look that high at all, how does it look in person? Does it change the sound of the car? Will you paint it in two tones or one?

    Can't wait to see your results.... I'm very excited to see a 63 in the low 10s Click here to enlarge
    just a weird camera angle, I got a few more pics I willl post up later. Hood will be all silver, might paint the inlet ramp matte black but not decided yet.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •