Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I can also tell you this is just the tip of the iceberg for their product line. Lots of game changing products currently in the works. Stay tuned.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I can tell you as a Weistec customer that they will not release this until it has been thoroughly tested and proven. My vehicle is one of their test vehicles for their M156 platform product line and there is lots of behind the scenes stuff and prototpye stuff being tested for both platforms as I type this. They are not the type of company to rush something to market to make a few extra bucks. The short wait will be well worth it for anyone that purchases one of these, you can rest assured that it will be reliable and powerful once it's released. The fact that they have now released this info tells me that they must be getting very close to a release date on this product, I have know about this M113 blower for several months now so that should tell you the amount of thought, R & D and testing that they have been doing.
    This is really good to hear and builds confidence in the marketplace. Im doing a forged motor over the winter in preparation i will continue to patiently wait.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    171mph at The Texas mile 2011.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I am pretty curious to why this blower would be a 3.0L and the M156 is only a 2.3L

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I am pretty curious to why this blower would be a 3.0L and the M156 is only a 2.3L
    Simple my friend. The M156 blower was sized for small to medium boost do to the engines HIGH compression ratio.

    The E55 motor was a FI engine, and as such can handle MUCH higher boost, so it needs a LARGER Supercharger.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    For guys making 600+whp on the stock blower this is going to be a serious game changer i cant wait!!!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I am pretty curious to why this blower would be a 3.0L and the M156 is only a 2.3L
    Because this will require more boost since you aren't adding it to a high compression motor that is already making good power but one that is already supercharged.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Simple my friend. The M156 blower was sized for small to medium boost do to the engines HIGH compression ratio.

    The E55 motor was a FI engine, and as such can handle MUCH higher boost, so it needs a LARGER Supercharger.
    You beat me to it.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    98.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Hope Weistec will touch the V6 (M272) someday.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bogdan_mb Click here to enlarge
    Hope Weistec will touch the V6 (M272) someday.
    That would be way down the line.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You beat me to it.
    I told you my friend, I LIVE for tech, NOT drama.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I thought this was a 2.9 but I must have been mistaken.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I am pretty curious to why this blower would be a 3.0L and the M156 is only a 2.3L
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Simple my friend. The M156 blower was sized for small to medium boost do to the engines HIGH compression ratio.

    The E55 motor was a FI engine, and as such can handle MUCH higher boost, so it needs a LARGER Supercharger.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because this will require more boost since you aren't adding it to a high compression motor that is already making good power but one that is already supercharged.

    You guys might be right. Although its not that it needs more boost its that it has to overcome the lower compression ratio to create the same static compression. Maybe we will see this charger in the St3 M156's if there ever will be such a thing.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    It must suck when you know what is happening from the inside and you cannot blurt it out. There is a lot of teasing going on and I am very anxious to know. The good thing is knowing that Stg2+ is not the end of the road.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    It must suck when you know what is happening from the inside and you cannot blurt it out. There is a lot of teasing going on and I am very anxious to know. The good thing is knowing that Stg2+ is not the end of the road.
    Does the road ever really come to an end? Usually money comes to an end before anything else.

    Do the Stage 2 plus the heads, you will be VERY pleased with the results. It's powerful, reliable and proven, you can't go wrong.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Does the road ever really come to an end? Usually money comes to an end before anything else.

    Do the Stage 2 plus the heads, you will be VERY pleased with the results. It's powerful, reliable and proven, you can't go wrong.
    Will this be enough to get me to a mid 10 assuming I am a perfect driver and I got huge drag radials fitted?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Will this be enough to get me to a mid 10 assuming I am a perfect driver and I got huge drag radials fitted?
    Earl and I were running 10.6s and 10.7s in +1800 to +3000 DA's so I don't see why you cant do the same or better in better conditions.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    You guys might be right. Although its not that it needs more boost its that it has to overcome the lower compression ratio to create the same static compression. Maybe we will see this charger in the St3 M156's if there ever will be such a thing.
    True but you can generate enough boost on the stock M156 that a 3.0 liter isn't necessary.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    128
    Rep Points
    574.1
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, just thought we should clear up some of the questions and comments on this system and the M156 system.

    We chose the 2.3L compressor module on the M156 because there were many constraints with fitment under the hood. Those who currently run our supercharger system or have physically seen one installed can understand what we are talking about. We also ran the CMDP cog drive system because of hood clearance issues as well (Not to mention the capability of utilizing the over drive of the compressor module). The M113 system is factory supercharged and has much more space to run a larger configuration.

    With this said, the 2.3L unit is perfect for the M156 and can make enough power to easily get a 63 into the low 10's in good weather, maybe even faster. Let us know if this helps. Thanks for the interest guys.

    Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

    CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

    Instagram
    Facebook

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, just thought we should clear up some of the questions and comments on this system and the M156 system.

    We chose the 2.3L compressor module on the M156 because there were many constraints with fitment under the hood. Those who currently run our supercharger system or have physically seen one installed can understand what we are talking about. We also ran the CMDP cog drive system because of hood clearance issues as well (Not to mention the capability of utilizing the over drive of the compressor module). The M113 system is factory supercharged and has much more space to run a larger configuration.

    With this said, the 2.3L unit is perfect for the M156 and can make enough power to easily get a 63 into the low 10's in good weather, maybe even faster. Let us know if this helps. Thanks for the interest guys.

    Weistec Engineering
    And there we have it, thank you.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Don't be so quick to say that Sticky unless you know something we don't my friend.
    He also said this platforms time has past and we would not see a blower for our cars from Weistic....
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    171mph at The Texas mile 2011.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
    He also said this platforms time has past and we would not see a blower for our cars from Weistic....
    The platforms time has passed and at the time there was no intention to release this. You should be happy that one of the owners has an E55 so this worked out in your favor.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The platforms time has passed and at the time there was no intention to release this. You should be happy that one of the owners has an E55 so this worked out in your favor.
    Just say you were wrong its less typing.
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    171mph at The Texas mile 2011.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
    Just say you were wrong its less typing.
    They were focused on the M!56 and now are able to focus on the M113 kompressor. When they sell more of these M113 kits than the M156 kits I'll do just that. Until then, shhhh and watch the development being happy things aligned well.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They were focused on the M!56 and now are able to focus on the M113 kompressor. When they sell more of these M113 kits than the M156 kits I'll do just that. Until then, shhhh and watch the development being happy things aligned well.
    You have a hard time saying you're wrong i see. Real enthusiasts saw this move coming a mile away, anyway some guys are making over 600whp on the stock blower and crap intercooler i cant wait to see what heavily modded guys put down with this blower. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    171mph at The Texas mile 2011.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •