Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

New PB/WR for the SL600

Missed it by THAT much!

Click here to enlarge
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4

Powered by:Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Almost 10s
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Amost there! That would drive me nuts, I'd pull the seat Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah, pulling the seats, or the filters probably would've done it. Thats just not my philosophy. Nothing wrong with making it as light as possible, but I like to keep it as close to my daily drive setup as possible. I even kept the 20" Vossens up front. Click here to enlarge

I was offered lighter D/Rs and skinnies countless times, but decided against it. In retrospect, I probably just should have done it, since I want that 10-sec slip so badly.

Always next time.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Vids...

Let's see if this works....

GoPro outside:

GoPro inside

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama Click here to enlarge
    I was offered lighter D/Rs and skinnies countless times, but decided against it. In retrospect, I probably just should have done it, since I want that 10-sec slip so badly.
    Yes, definitely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Nice run my friendClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Always next time.
    Clayton you are one driving machine!!! Congrats on this record as well as piloting the E55 to the record! Please do it next time! Although the DA alone will probably get you in the tens next time! SO close!!! I could have sworn you were going to get it by then end of the day. Even just lighter rears will do it. Skinnies and lighter rears and I'm guessing a 10.8 or better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blackbenzz Click here to enlarge
    Clayton you are one driving machine!!! Congrats on this record as well as piloting the E55 to the record! Please do it next time! Although the DA alone will probably get you in the tens next time! SO close!!! I could have sworn you were going to get it by then end of the day. Even just lighter rears will do it. Skinnies and lighter rears and I'm guessing a 10.8 or better
    Thanks Ahmad. Bruce (TTM Motorsports, for those that don't know) handed me a box full of intake parts, that I'm gonna try to install before our next rental. That alone should put me over the mark. It's so frustrating, because if you listen to the GoPro video of my 11.02 run, the car spun off the line, and still cut a 1.66 60'. Had that little hiccup not happened, it's probably a 10.97 run, or so. But once that motor gets heat in it, there's no getting it out, unless you have split I/C circuit.

As for me piloting the E55 record. I still don't think I can take much credit for it. Yes, I was behind the wheel, but the car did all the work. TTM/OE/Lowprofile have got that car so dialed in right now, that I think my mom could set a record in it. I appreciate the acknowledgement though..... Back at ya for piloting the C63 record in Mike's car. Just like riding a bike, huh? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Bruce (TTM Motorsports, for those that don't know) handed me a box full of intake parts,
    What type of intake parts and what kinds of gains do they provide?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    +1 and can you post up some photos of the parts, is it a single or twin intake on each side ?

Love to see some pix of the parts and the install.

thanks
    2003 CL600 V12TT - SPEEDRIVED ECU / TCU Tune, AMG Package, AMG Brake Package, Muffler Delete, Star and Links Lowered, Car Diet - Down 70lbs and counting....

1994 E500 - Sold
    1995 E320 Cab - Sold
    1988 BMW M6 - Sold
    1994 E320 Cab - Sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gentlemen - for those that don't know - last year was the first time I ever piloted a car down a track. . .it wasn't pretty. Ahmad and Clayton basically took it upon themselves to be my coaches and why their modesty is indicative of their characters. . .HOLY $#@! CAN THEY DRIVE. It's just flat out insane seeing them do what they do. . .THANK YOU BOTH FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE AND TAUGHT ME!!!!!!!!!

CONGRADS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KarlC Click here to enlarge
    +1 and can you post up some photos of the parts, is it a single or twin intake on each side ?

Love to see some pix of the parts and the install.

thanks
    It's a prototype, so I don't have the authority to post pics yet. I'm going to be doing some testing and analysis on the unit and report my findings back to TTM for discussion. It's nothing revolutionary, but there's not much out there in the way of CAI for these cars. I will have different street and race configurations, though.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    Gentlemen - for those that don't know - last year was the first time I ever piloted a car down a track. . .it wasn't pretty. Ahmad and Clayton basically took it upon themselves to be my coaches and why their modesty is indicative of their characters. . .HOLY $#@! CAN THEY DRIVE. It's just flat out insane seeing them do what they do. . .THANK YOU BOTH FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE AND TAUGHT ME!!!!!!!!!

CONGRADS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the kinds words, BT. This stuff is addictive, huh? Click here to enlarge

BTW, here's another angle of one of my 11.0x runs, thanks to Lowprofile.