Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

***** Mercedes 1/4 Mile Record: The First Mercedes In The 9s - RENNtech SLR *****

RENNtech starts the new year by being first to put a Mercedes-Benz vehicle into the 9s down the 1/4 mile. The RENNtech powered SLR shattered the previous Mercedes 1/4 mile record of 10.27 when it ran a 9.76 @ 140 mph while being piloted by no other than the super human driver SGC Click here to enlarge

Big congrats to you guys and happy new year Click here to enlarge

NEW MERCEDES-BENZ 1/4 MILE RECORD
    Click here to enlarge

And as always.... there is MORE to come, so stay tuned Click here to enlarge

EDIT: I updated the post with latest record...
    Last edited by Exeenom; 01-07-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Sick!!!!!!! This year will def prove to be interesting!!!! Good job to everyone involved
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Wow! Congrats to RENNtech and SCC. A huge accomplishment taking the record.

This should be interest for sure. I guess all eyes are on the SCed CLK BS now.
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Wow! Congrats to RENNtech and SCC. A huge accomplishment taking the record.

This should be interest for sure. I guess all eyes are on the SCed CLK BS now.
    IIRC, they already had the overall record... just not in an SLR (think it was a 65?).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes! The elusive 9.XX second 1/4 mile has been realized by a Benz!
    Congratulations to all involved!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This isn't the same car that did 9.765 @ 140.87 (McLaren SLR777), is it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

holy $#@!! 9s??? that's sick...what's been done to this SLR?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nss7c...96FUAAAAAAAAAA
    Description says RENNtech on the video. It would seem there is a faster record than what was posted. WOW.. 9.7... even more untouchable.... Black Series guys might have some serious issues now trying to get the record. I love more info like whp and setup. Full interior? ect...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    IIRC, they already had the overall record... just not in an SLR (think it was a 65?).
    CL65 I believe, but they destroyed it with the SLR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats to MB SLR and Renntech for breaking well into the 9s.

In Florida to boot!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nss7c...96FUAAAAAAAAAA
    Yes it is.... and that 9.76 record was run just half an hour after the 9.94 Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Yes it is.... and that 9.76 record was run just half an hour after the 9.94 Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully details on this beast will emerge. I really hope the 9.7 @140 was run without N2O - that will make the run even more impressive than it already is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hopefully details on this beast will emerge. I really hope the 9.7 @140 was run without N2O - that will make the run even more impressive than it already is.
    No Nitrous was used... Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    No Nitrous was used... Click here to enlarge
    Outstanding!

Shaving 0.5 sec off the previous 1/4 mile record is no trivial matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

1st new World record with a Benz into the 9's by RENNtech

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes, it's same SLR. It made +680rwhp with RENNtech upgraded hardware/tune. Also, the RENNtech 2012 CLS63 M157 biturbo was ran same night (w/Pkg2 development tune on 93octane) went into the 10.9's@129mph from previous 11.2's@126mph as well =)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Damn. Crappy RT as well. That thing was movin.

Do you know the mods ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

680 at the wheel ? Really, that's all ? I would have thought it was alot more...

The Weistec CLK BS guys are claiming at least 800 at the wheel after this round of mods...If that's the case I can't see how this record will be around for long.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    680 at the wheel ? Really, that's all ? I would have thought it was alot more...

The Weistec CLK BS guys are claiming at least 800 at the wheel after this round of mods...If that's the case I can't see how this record will be around for long.
    800 to the wheels now??! Wow...

Power means nothing without being able to put it to the ground though. It could be 1000 whp, if you cant make use of the power it doesnt matter. We shall see...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

800 to the wheels now??! Wow...

Power means nothing without being able to put it to the ground though. It could be 1000 whp, if you cant make use of the power it doesnt matter. We shall see...
    I agree. When you're talking that much power, the driver and putting the power down efficiently is key. Jim said they are shooting for 850whp and the biggest hurdle apparently is getting rid of the torque limiting in the 722.9 trans to allow all that extra power to be used. Apparently Wesitec has figured out how to do that. Only time will tell. But that much power is going to wreak havoc on the driveline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I agree. When you're talking that much power, the driver and putting the power down efficiently is key. Jim said they are shooting for 850whp and the biggest hurdle apparently is getting rid of the torque limiting in the 722.9 trans to allow all that extra power to be used. Apparently Wesitec has figured out how to do that. Only time will tell. But that much power is going to wreak havoc on the driveline.
    Sure is. The tranny as you said is the Achilles heel. I don't think the tranny is rated for anywhere near that much HP. 850whp is over 1000 crank HP. That's a LOT of boost. Hopefully Weistec isn't pushing these engines to far. The tranny I see exploding on the first pass. The rest of the driveline can take it, except for the mounts. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Sure is. The tranny as you said is the Achilles heel. I don't think the tranny is rated for anywhere near that much HP. 850whp is over 1000 crank HP. That's a LOT of boost. Hopefully Weistec isn't pushing these engines to far. The tranny I see exploding on the first pass. The rest of the driveline can take it, except for the mounts. LOL
    Again, I agree...but Weistec knows what they are doing. They've proved their kit is outstanding and reliable in Stage 1 form. I think Jim and Earl know what they are getting into and these two cars are basically Wesitecs effort to focus on making big power. When that is your focus, things break...again, Jim and Earl know this. With the bigger blower, these guys are going to actually be running LESS boost and making more power. How that translates through the driveline will be interesting to say the least. I know Jim has a spare 722.9 sitting in the crate if his grenades. But from what I understand, they feel pretty confident that the OEM trans is WAY underrated by the factory as to how much torque it can handle and apparently Wesitec is strengthening it internally. I would assume they are upgrading the clutch packs as that is really the weak link in the 722.9. I'm also pretty sure they have upgraded driveshafts but I think they are still running the factory differential and axles. Really looking forward to the announcement from Weistec.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Again, I agree...but Weistec knows what they are doing. They've proved their kit is outstanding and reliable in Stage 1 form. I think Jim and Earl know what they are getting into and these two cars are basically Wesitecs effort to focus on making big power. When that is your focus, things break...again, Jim and Earl know this. With the bigger blower, these guys are going to actually be running LESS boost and making more power. How that translates through the driveline will be interesting to say the least. I know Jim has a spare 722.9 sitting in the crate if his grenades. But from what I understand, they feel pretty confident that the OEM trans is WAY underrated by the factory as to how much torque it can handle and apparently Wesitec is strengthening it internally. I would assume they are upgrading the clutch packs as that is really the weak link in the 722.9. I'm also pretty sure they have upgraded driveshafts but I think they are still running the factory differential and axles. Really looking forward to the announcement from Weistec.
    Sounds great! Of course when you play at this level things break. I don't consider something breaking a failure anyhow. I'm just curious how much it can take before it does. Should be cool to watch it all unfold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Y
    Should you say opps I don't think they ever admited to the larger blower that they are putting on, well I mean most of us no already.
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Y

Should you say opps I don't think they ever admited to the larger blower that they are putting on, well I mean most of us no already.
    Good catch. I don't recall any details about changing the blower. Interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast