Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 251 to 270 of 270

Thread: Cannabis

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    southern cal
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    55.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    things seem fine in amsterdam. some shops sell weed, others sell beer... city isn't on fire last time i checked

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Opponents to legalization can choke on their bibles.
    It's a child's sense of morality...much like prohibition.

    Most people forget that Marijuana was legal in the US until around the same time as alcohol-prohibition...just never made it back to being "legal".
    2009 BMW E92 M3 | 2012 BMW X5 35d | 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia | 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by louis redfoot Click here to enlarge
    things seem fine in amsterdam. some shops sell weed, others sell beer... city isn't on fire last time i checked
    REEFER MADNESS IS COMING!

    It's amazing the propaganda in this country and how they tricked an entire generation into thinking Marijuana will make you crazy, violent, etc.

    For those that don't know:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reefer_Madness
    2009 BMW E92 M3 | 2012 BMW X5 35d | 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia | 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    southern cal
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    55.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    read that a few years ago... if it's illegal it's a gateway to the black market. something that's at least $300 a pop here is $70 there, and i was just there last month

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by louis redfoot Click here to enlarge
    read that a few years ago... if it's illegal it's a gateway to the black market. something that's at least $300 a pop here is $70 there, and i was just there last month
    Totally. Most of the the dealers are going to be selling other stuff too. Very rarely do drug dealers *only* sell pot.

    There is also the classic argument that pot is a "stepping stone to other drugs". Well, so is alcohol. Ever met a coke head that hasn't/doesn't drink? That's the thing for me. I don't see how anyone can rationalize alcohol being legal and not pot.
    2009 BMW E92 M3 | 2012 BMW X5 35d | 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia | 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Totally. Most of the the dealers are going to be selling other stuff too. Very rarely do drug dealers *only* sell pot.

    There is also the classic argument that pot is a "stepping stone to other drugs". Well, so is alcohol. Ever met a coke head that hasn't/doesn't drink? That's the thing for me. I don't see how anyone can rationalize alcohol being legal and not pot.
    That isn't a argument, I'm tired of hearing "its better than something else". Just because people are stupid doesn't mean we should legally let everyone be more stupid.

    Alcoholism is such a huge issue in youth, young adults, legalizing weed will cause more dependent people, in tern causing more social issues.

    We are turning into a drug/drinking society and thats not a good thing.

    Drug dealers are not going to disappear when it becomes legalized, legal shops charge so much more, most colorado folks I know don't use them and are still buying from the guys that get the stuff cheaper.




  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,467
    Rep Points
    32,151.1
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Just because people are stupid doesn't mean we should legally let everyone be more stupid.
    Why not?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Alcoholism is such a huge issue in youth, young adults, legalizing weed will cause more dependent people, in tern causing more social issues.
    BS

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Drug dealers are not going to disappear when it becomes legalized, legal shops charge so much more, most colorado folks I know don't use them and are still buying from the guys that get the stuff cheaper.
    You legalize drugs the cartels kill thousands over and fight wars for and watch them disappear. The drug problem is not the drugs themselves, it is how we handle it.

    Stop telling people what they can or can not do. Weed is nothing, who cares? Legalize today and I'm not going to go out and buy it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not?



    BS



    You legalize drugs the cartels kill thousands over and fight wars for and watch them disappear. The drug problem is not the drugs themselves, it is how we handle it.

    Stop telling people what they can or can not do. Weed is nothing, who cares? Legalize today and I'm not going to go out and buy it.
    When it comes to substance abuse people are not able to control themselves, in my opinion.




  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,467
    Rep Points
    32,151.1
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    When it comes to substance abuse people are not able to control themselves, in my opinion.
    Only the weak ones. Who still will get those substances whether they are legal or not.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Only the weak ones. Who still will get those substances whether they are legal or not.
    Of course, I don't know the solution, but legalizing it so that there is no repercussion for abuse will make it just like alcohol is, and that is a problem. I don't know any young adults that are sober from alcohol.

    Alcoholism is a huge issue, it causes so many family issues, social issues, personal issues, and weed will do the same.

    It just needs to be regulated, like all "drugs".

    Maybe education? Possibly put courses into our public schools? I don't know.




  11. #261
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,467
    Rep Points
    32,151.1
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Of course, I don't know the solution, but legalizing it so that there is no repercussion for abuse will make it just like alcohol is, and that is a problem. I don't know any young adults that are sober from alcohol.
    Every young adult is not an alcoholic, come on. You're overblowing it.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Alcoholism is a huge issue, it causes so many family issues, social issues, personal issues, and weed will do the same.
    So is obesity. Have they banned McDonald's yet?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    It just needs to be regulated, like all "drugs".
    Don't tell me what, when, or how much of anything I can put in my body.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Every young adult is not an alcoholic, come on. You're overblowing it.



    So is obesity. Have they banned McDonald's yet?



    Don't tell me what, when, or how much of anything I can put in my body.
    They have put regulations on mcdonalds to offer better food for people. You're right that is another huge issue, but they are taking steps to help the problem, are they doing that with alcohol/drugs?

    This is all just my opinion.

    You have to have a line of whats acceptable for society and whats not, meth? herione? coke? using pills illegally? whats the line?




  13. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,467
    Rep Points
    32,151.1
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    They have put regulations on mcdonalds to offer better food for people.
    Is there a regulation that says someone can not order 100 big macs and try to eat them in one sitting?

    How is this any different? It's about self control and personal responsibility.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    You have to have a line of whats acceptable for society and whats not, meth? herione? coke? using pills illegally? whats the line?
    Everyone determines their own line is the line. If you want to shoot up heroin and OD, go right ahead.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    southern cal
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    55.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    a pure joint in amsterdam is about 7-10 euro, roughly the volume of 1.5 cigarettes. a pint of guinness is around 6-8 euro (in the same area).

    Click here to enlarge

    this was a very nice cafe in amsterdam. flat screen tvs with the news, coffee/soda/juice, brownies, joints, buds, and couches in the back.

    i think all drugs should be legal, but there should be limits on how much you can buy/carry. of course there will always be people who break the law, but if the law is fair enough, most people will go along with it. tax revenue, legit businesses vs. black market.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,467
    Rep Points
    32,151.1
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Amsterdam was a good time. The next trip will be with girlfriend. I'm going to enjoy it to its fullest.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    That isn't a argument, I'm tired of hearing "its better than something else". Just because people are stupid doesn't mean we should legally let everyone be more stupid.

    Alcoholism is such a huge issue in youth, young adults, legalizing weed will cause more dependent people, in tern causing more social issues.

    We are turning into a drug/drinking society and thats not a good thing.

    Drug dealers are not going to disappear when it becomes legalized, legal shops charge so much more, most colorado folks I know don't use them and are still buying from the guys that get the stuff cheaper.
    You can't make decisions for people man; we aren't children. It's not the function of government to limit the way we live our lives. It is the function of government to protect our rights so we can live how we want - provided we don't hurt other people.

    While the thought of someone drinking or smoking their life away may trouble you; it is their choice.
    2009 BMW E92 M3 | 2012 BMW X5 35d | 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia | 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,467
    Rep Points
    32,151.1
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    You can't make decisions for people man; we aren't children. It's not the function of government to limit the way we live our lives. It is the function of government to protect our rights so we can live how we want - provided we don't hurt other people.

    While the thought of someone drinking or smoking their life away may trouble you; it is their choice.
    Exactly.

    Life. Liberty. Pursuit of happiness.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    They have put regulations on mcdonalds to offer better food for people. You're right that is another huge issue, but they are taking steps to help the problem, are they doing that with alcohol/drugs?
    Only in Kalifornia to my knowledge. I think it's preposterous. They are taking steps to infringe on the constitution. Some people want to be fat slobs. Who are you to tell them they are not allowed?

    You have to have a line of whats acceptable for society and whats not, meth? herione? coke? using pills illegally? whats the line?
    Should all be legal - there really is no argument counter argument that makes sense to me. Who determines the line otherwise? The majority? Is it a vote? Again, the basis of the human being is free will. You can't tell people what to do because you think you know better.
    2009 BMW E92 M3 | 2012 BMW X5 35d | 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia | 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,467
    Rep Points
    32,151.1
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    9400' ASL, Colorado
    Posts
    886
    Rep Points
    1,301.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Opponents to legalization can choke on their bibles.
    This would solve so many problems... if only it were so easy.

    The question is whether the crime rate drops because of the ties between crime and black markets, or it it's due to the fact that everyone is so laid back now that nobody wants to go as far as murder any more. I think it's both...
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •