Thread: Big Thanks to Mike@VAC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Big Thanks to Mike@VAC

Had some vibration manifest in the ///M recently. Not sure what caused it, so it was time to take it to some Pro's.

Called up VAC and Mike was sure to get me in ASAP for a wheel balancing and an alignment, that would be today.

While I was there, I decided to make some changes. That was to add some 20mm spacers to the rear, and move the 18mm spacers to the front. (previously 15mm front, and 18mm rear) Looks much better now.

In the process though, the extended bolts that I had, were now not long enough. After a short conversation with Steve@VAC, I was set on set of black wheel studs for all 4 corners.

Simple, clean and different, everything I like. Things sometimes take time, so I was invited to go out with the gang for lunch. I enjoyed it, good food and fun conversation, thats what we all like right Click here to enlarge

Got back and car was finished.

So, on the drive home, the vibration is gone, Mission Complete.

I think @Mike@VAC snapped a pic or something, im not sure, maybe he can chime in Click here to enlarge

Thanks again to VAC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had some vibration manifest in the ///M recently. Not sure what caused it, so it was time to take it to some Pro's.

Called up VAC and Mike was sure to get me in ASAP for a wheel balancing and an alignment, that would be today.

While I was there, I decided to make some changes. That was to add some 20mm spacers to the rear, and move the 18mm spacers to the front. (previously 15mm front, and 18mm rear) Looks much better now.

In the process though, the extended bolts that I had, were now not long enough. After a short conversation with Steve@VAC, I was set on set of black wheel studs for all 4 corners.

Simple, clean and different, everything I like. Things sometimes take time, so I was invited to go out with the gang for lunch. I enjoyed it, good food and fun conversation, thats what we all like right Click here to enlarge

Got back and car was finished.

So, on the drive home, the vibration is gone, Mission Complete.

I think @Mike@VAC snapped a pic or something, im not sure, maybe he can chime in Click here to enlarge

Thanks again to VAC

nice can't wait to see pics..Hoping my car will be done next week.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

You guys are lucky to have such great performance shops up there where you are from.

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)

Glad to hear they took good care of you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Thanks dude, it was a crazy day! Next time we will bring you to the bocce club - that is the real deal, trust me Click here to enlarge
    1000's of parts in stock. Race Shop, Machine Shop, CNC Manufacturing, AWD dyno and more!

Authorized STOCKING dealer: JRZ Suspension, Nitron Suspension, VF Engineering, Active Autowerke, Brembo, Forgeline, Quaife, OS Giken, Schrick, Arrow, CP, Carrillo, Tilton, ARP, Cometic, Pectel, AIM Sports, VP fuel/meth.

Est. 1984
    | Follow us on Facebook! | Shop Tour | VAC Blog | mike@vacmotorsports.com | AIM: MichaelAMalloy

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)

Tell me more about this bocce club...