Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well then you get a BBK. But the cost is huge versus doing what is necessary to get what you have track ready which can be done.
    Yeah, I tried other pads and rotors on the stock braking system. Two trackdays later I was in the market for a BBK Click here to enlarge

And the M3 brakes aren't much better on a track. Better pads may be ok for occasionnal track duty, but not enough for hardcore users.

Anyway, I hope you'll treat your car to more than 1/4 mile passes. Would be a shame if you didn't track it properly. Isn't the M3 all about the handling? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I tried other pads and rotors on the stock braking system. Two trackdays later I was in the market for a BBK
    I'm trying to find it but there is an upgrade out there that uses the stock rotors I believe and adds race pads, new lines, and calipers that eliminates the need for a BBK many of which won't even let you run 18's which any hardcore track guy should be doing.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Anyway, I hope you'll treat your car to more than 1/4 mile passes. Would be a shame if you didn't track it properly. Isn't the M3 all about the handling?
    Mine will hit the track probably. I need to do drag racing first but after that I'll probably want to take the BMW Nurburgring record just because.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

This drawing shows Mercedes clever 'double DRS' system in its entirety. Air is sucked into holes in the rear wing endplates (left inset) which are exposed when the DRS system is activated. Using similar channelling (highlighted in yellow on car profile) - but in reverse - to that utilised two seasons ago for the now-illegal F-duct, the airflow is routed into the beam wing, across the top of the deformable rear crash structure, along the side of the engine and then through the chassis (centre inset) before it exits through the front-wing pillars to blow onto the front-wing flaps (right inset), stalling the wing, cutting drag and boosting top speed
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

This drawing shows Mercedes clever 'double DRS' system in its entirety. Air is sucked into holes in the rear wing endplates (left inset) which are exposed when the DRS system is activated. Using similar channelling (highlighted in yellow on car profile) - but in reverse - to that utilised two seasons ago for the now-illegal F-duct, the airflow is routed into the beam wing, across the top of the deformable rear crash structure, along the side of the engine and then through the chassis (centre inset) before it exits through the front-wing pillars to blow onto the front-wing flaps (right inset), stalling the wing, cutting drag and boosting top speed
    Pretty awesome design!! I hope Schumi can grab a few victories this year!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

If Rosberg outperforms Schumacher all year I think Michael knows its time to hang em up.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123