Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Post Weistec Engineering CLS63TT | Customer Review

greetings fellow forum members. late december i acquired my loaded 2012 cls63. ive always been fascinated with twin turbos. a few months after the purchase i decided to let go of my daily driver, a 2010 c300, and my fun car a 2008 6mt m3. the power and comfort combined that the cls has to offer really pushed me on this decision.

i ordered my car with the performance package, and wow did it pull hard. after my break in period i destroyed a lot of cars. the power delivery was so smooth and linear. it never felt like i was going to lose grip. hard to believe with 590wtq.

after a few thousand miles i decided to take it to the next level!

weistec engineering has always caught my attention when its came to force induction. from their craft to engineering expertise i decided to pull the trigger.

drove up and took a look at some of the cars they were working on and was super excited to have some of their genetics in my car. from the supercharged sls to clk series.. the list is endless. saw some awesome stuff to say the least.

the much anticipated day came. the weistec tune was released. we later met at a dyno for some run. stock my car averaged 512whp and 567wtq. they quickly took the ecu out of my car and ran with a upgraded file.

the results, an average of 618whp and 667wtq. ive never seen a car gain that much horsepower so fast. we ran the car ten times and the same the numbers came up ever time, +/- 8whp.

pretty sure this was a mod worth my cash. first reason; its undetectable by the stealership. second reason; it adds zero weight so theres no diminishing return between your power to weight ratio. third reason; its inexpensive. i paid seven thousand for the performance package.

after i drove off the dyno i could imminently feel the change in throttle response. being skeptical about everything i had to see how this faired up in the real world. it pulls super hard!

describing in words how fast this car is doesnt quite do it justice. after the first week i started to have neck pains. i learned that you shouldnt tighten your neck muscles trying to keep your head from not bobbing around but instead, relax your head, push it back before you decide to floor it.

the power never lets off. its this constant surge or boost + a 5.5liter. you can now hear the turbos.. its awesome. difficult to describe in words.

lets put it in perspective; 618hp & 667 to the wheels with a conservative 10% drivetrain loss is 680hp and 734 to the crank. lets list off todays modern cars with similar power numbers, but are much lighter. please correct me if these numbers are off;

2012 mercedes cls63 weistec tune_____680 hp and 734 tq
    2012 lamborghini aventador_________ 691 hp and 509 tq
    2011 aston martin one-77____________660 hp and 457 tq
    2011 ferrari 599 gto________________670 hp and 457 tq
    2011 ferrari 458 italia_______________562 hp and 398 tq
    2011 porsche gt2 rs________________620 hp and 516 tq
    2011 porsche turbo________________550hp and 480 tq
    2012 nissan gtr___________________540hp and 448 tq

ive clocked ~4,000 miles since the tune. did a few road trips and such.

ill be updating this thread with videos of the cls pooping on some serious cars Click here to enlarge
    i cant express enough how happy i am with my decision to tune this car!

here's how my car faired up against a friends tuned c63 Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

What a good review man. That is one big gain from just a tune that thing with 600 whp will dominate a lot of cars. Do you know how much your car weighs?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by saeedg48 Click here to enlarge
    greetings fellow forum members. late december i acquired my loaded 2012 cls63. i’ve always been fascinated with twin turbos. a few months after the purchase i decided to let go of my daily driver, a 2010 c300, and my fun car a 2008 6mt m3. the power and comfort combined that the cls has to offer really pushed me on this decision.

i ordered my car with the performance package, and wow did it pull hard. after my break in period i destroyed a lot of cars. the power delivery was so smooth and linear. it never felt like i was going to lose grip. hard to believe with 590wtq.

weistec engineering has always caught my attention when it’s came to force induction. from their craft to engineering expertise i decided to pull the trigger.

drove up and took a look at some of the cars they were working on and was super excited to have some of their genetics in my car. from the supercharged sls to clk series.. the list is endless. saw some awesome stuff to say the least.

the much anticipated day came. the weistec tune was released. we later met at a dyno for some run. stock my car averaged 512whp and 567wtq. they quickly took the ecu out of my car and ran with a upgraded file.

the results, an average of 618whp and 667wtq. i’ve never seen a car gain that much horsepower so fast. we ran the car ten times and the same the numbers came up ever time, +/- 8whp.

pretty sure this was a mod worth my cash. first reason; it’s undetectable by the stealership. second reason; it adds zero weight so there’s no diminishing return between your power to weight ratio. third reason; it’s inexpensive. i paid seven thousand for the performance package.

after i drove off the dyno i could imminently feel the change in throttle response. being skeptical about everything i had to see how this faired up in the real world. it pulls super hard!

describing in words how fast this car is doesn’t quite do it justice. after the first week i started to have neck pains. i learned that you shouldn’t tighten your neck muscles trying to keep your head from not bobbing around but instead, relax your head, push it back before you decide to floor it.

the power never lets off. it’s this constant surge or boost + a 5.5liter. you can now hear the turbos.. it’s awesome. difficult to describe in words.

lets put it in perspective; 618hp & 667 to the wheels with a conservative 10% drivetrain loss is 680hp and 734 to the crank. lets list off todays modern cars with similar power numbers, but are much lighter. please correct me if these numbers are off;

i’ve clocked ~4,000 miles since the tune. did a few road trips and such.

i’ll be updating this thread with videos of the cls pooping on some serious cars Click here to enlarge
    i can’t express enough how happy i am with my decision to tune this car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB66wX2faHo
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...m157s1pp-2.jpg

Nice review.

Is there a dragstrip nearby where you can get some runs in and a time slip.

Would be interesting to see what your car does in the quarter mile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    What a good review man. That is one big gain from just a tune that thing with 600 whp will dominate a lot of cars. Do you know how much your car weighs?
    Benz site says curb weight is 4277 lbs. For reference new F10 M5 curb weight is 4384 lbs(motortrend), and E63 4084 lbs. E63 is going to be a beast with the 5.5Ltt and ~200 less lbs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Benz site says curb weight is 4277 lbs. For reference new F10 M5 curb weight is 4384 lbs(motortrend), and E63 4084 lbs. E63 is going to be a beast with the 5.5Ltt and ~200 less lbs.
    I thought the E would be a lot lighter but it appears to be right there with the CLS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by saeedg48 Click here to enlarge
    greetings fellow forum members. late december i acquired my loaded 2012 cls63. i’ve always been fascinated with twin turbos. a few months after the purchase i decided to let go of my daily driver, a 2010 c300, and my fun car a 2008 6mt m3. the power and comfort combined that the cls has to offer really pushed me on this decision.

weistec engineering has always caught my attention when it’s came to force induction. from their craft to engineering expertise i decided to pull the trigger.

the results, an average of 618whp and 667wtq. i’ve never seen a car gain that much horsepower so fast. we ran the car ten times and the same the numbers came up ever time, +/- 8whp.

pretty sure this was a mod worth my cash. first reason; it’s undetectable by the stealership. second reason; it adds zero weight so there’s no diminishing return between your power to weight ratio. third reason; it’s inexpensive. i paid seven thousand for the performance package.

describing in words how fast this car is doesn’t quite do it justice. after the first week i started to have neck pains. i learned that you shouldn’t tighten your neck muscles trying to keep your head from not bobbing around but instead, relax your head, push it back before you decide to floor it.

the power never lets off. it’s this constant surge or boost + a 5.5liter. you can now hear the turbos.. it’s awesome. difficult to describe in words.

i’ve clocked ~4,000 miles since the tune. did a few road trips and such.

i’ll be updating this thread with videos of the cls pooping on some serious cars Click here to enlarge
    i can’t express enough how happy i am with my decision to tune this car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB66wX2faHo
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...m157s1pp-2.jpg
    As stated, fantastic review.

You sound very happy and with how it is performing how can you not be? That's a mean car you have.

Definitely get it out to the strip, definitely with some proper rubber.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really enjoyed your review. Waiting for my tune to be finished I'm pretty excited.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And I really wish my CL weighed a hell of a lot less like your CLS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stronghands Click here to enlarge
    And I really wish my CL weighed a hell of a lot less like your CLS.
    The CL is heavy but it's a different type of car. A heavy, luxury cruiser for long Autobahn trips.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

I really enjoyed your review. Waiting for my tune to be finished I'm pretty excited.
    Who did you go with?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who did you go with?
    Went with Renntech

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Went with Renntech
    Great choice, would like to hear your feedback on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How's the MPG average looking since the upgrade?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mockbam5 Click here to enlarge
    Mock I don't get the car till Tuesday, will let you know for sure.

Oops sorry just realized you were not addressing me.
    Last edited by stronghands; 06-28-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great choice, would like to hear your feedback on it.
    Absolutely, it's coming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mock I don't get the car till Tuesday, will let you know for sure.

Oops sorry just realized you were not addressing me.
    Keep my updated, I'm interested!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mockbam5 Click here to enlarge
    It will only be significantly different if you can't keep yourself from accelerating hard everywhere you go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It will only be significantly different if you can't keep yourself from accelerating hard everywhere you go.
    Which I surely will do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Which I surely will do.
    In that case worth the hit Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Stick any guess on how much slower the CL63 will be than the CLS due to the greater weight? I read once that every 100lbs in extra weight takes away .1 sec in 1/4 mile runs. Just curious if you had any thoughts. Thanks bud.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Hey Stick any guess on how much slower the CL63 will be than the CLS due to the greater weight? I read once that every 100lbs in extra weight takes away .1 sec in 1/4 mile runs. Just curious if you had any thoughts. Thanks bud.
    The rule of thumb is basically as you said, 1 MPH and 1/10 for each 100 pounds. So it will be a bit slower.