Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

F1 Karting- NJMP

If you have never been, its badass. I think we need to get some of you that think you can drive down here Click here to enlarge We can start a list Click here to enlarge

Myself (camera), AK, kthxbye and about 15 others got a group going

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Sweet driving, people always fail to realize carts are all about keeping momentum. The second you get loose or plow you are pretty much a siting duck with not snout power to do anything. I had a great 8 laps with the track record holder a couple years back. We started 7 and 8 and finished 1 and 2, the guy got me on the last lap on an insane but clean move. I remember getting into my car and almost putting it into the wall on the first exit ramp lmao.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol, we need to put one of these together. take power out of the equation for our $#@! talkin Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Let me know I'll see what I can do. My wife had a blast as well. At first she was so scared of slowing people down then she got pissed cause people were slowing her down and actually ended up finishing towards the middle of the pack. It was halarious watching the 100lbs of fury with her hair whipping back and forth powering through the turns.

As for me, trust me I don't need less power I have to over come some serious weight disadvantage to begin with. I remember my buddy who is a good driver getting owned one time and he blamed it on the cart, so the next race I tried his cart to call bull$#@! and dear god that thing was brutal to drive. I went into a wall at nygp full speed and couldn't really turn my head that well for the next couple of days. There's this one turn that if you hit it just right can go through it floored and then click it sideways to scrub speed for a tight u turn, my car never turned in and the next thing I remember I was airborn and facing carts coming at me during the fastest turn of the track lmao.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    take power out of the equation
    hah i watched the whole vid and i felt like your cart was faster than most. you would catch everyone on the straights then take them on a tighter corner (better driving). maybe laloosh is right, that your cornering exit speed was high enough that it was easier to accelerate (momentum).
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Basic rule of racing in slow out fast Click here to enlarge. Unless you are trying to dive under then in fast block out lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Awesome. 3:10 Reminded me of Ayrton Senna overtaking Nigel Mansell haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Looks like fun. I grew up racing these things and there is no better way to hone your skills than karting. In the video I saw "5th" pop up like you were in fifth gear ?? But it sounded like you were driving the centrifugal clutch auto karts and not the 125cc shifter karts ??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Looks like fun. I grew up racing these things and there is no better way to hone your skills than karting. In the video I saw "5th" pop up like you were in fifth gear ?? But it sounded like you were driving the centrifugal clutch auto karts and not the 125cc shifter karts ??
    yea, the #'s were the position i was in. they were auto clutch.

to be honest, yea, that cart felt more powerful than the ones i drove earlier in the day. Those guys had much better lines than me, but perfect lines and racing are 2 diferent things, so i just rolled with it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I hear ya. They are physically demanding. Back when I used to run these competitively I could go all day and be fine. Now after a half day I'm worked and can barely move my arms or make a fist. Shifter karts really show you where you make mistakes and if you are not totally smooth with all aspects of driving....cornering, braking, throttle control, steering angle etc, then it's an uphill battle. They are very sensitive just like an open wheel race car and they really only like to do one thing at a time - either brake, corner or accelerate. When you make them do more than one of those three things at the same time you lose speed and time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I noticed that, I was having so much fun just drifting earlier in the day, i didnt care. That cart was dog slow and would take a while to rev up to speed again. it was very evident. I planned on doing the same (hence i let people cut in front off the start) but then i realized i was moving fast, and wanted to have fun AND chase.. then more and more kept spinning out, i said $#@! it, and went for it Click here to enlarge

We are actualy starting to look at a few of us throwing in some $ for a cart to run as a team

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

They are indeed very fun and also very cheap. You can get into a really nice 125cc shifter with all the bells and whistles for dirt cheap considering the amount of fun they are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)