Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

ESS VT2-625 M3 DCT VS C6 Z06 (stock)

From a 40 the M3 gets about 2 cars by 130, itll start pulling away good top end.

From a 50 (last run) the M3 starts in third (too low of a gear, no boost whatsoever for a good two seconds) reels in the Z06 by 140....real hard to catch that car once it gets the jump

Both cars solo, runs done on pump gas in 85-90 degree weather.

In cooler air and race trim (race gas, lightweight wheels/drag radials) I think the results would be different.
    Once again, the Z06 is extremely impressive even in stock form....its a rocket and a half

Meth to come soon, should make a significant difference in this weather.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

update: this week hes getting headers full exhaust intake and tune, and im installing my meth...were going to run agan this time both cars in race setup

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    update: this week hes getting headers full exhaust intake and tune, and im installing my meth...were going to run agan this time both cars in race setup
    how is the meth going to be controlled? how is zim's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Zim has an awesome coolingmist setup based off boost (progressive controller)...I will be installing an aquamist setup based off boost as well. Were only running 7psi and not tuning for it so any generic kit should work, but I prefer the PWM HFS-4. The Vortech V3 is pre tapped already so its as easy as removing the screw with an allen key and putting the nozzle in there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

what about AFR's. what size nozzle is he using. its probably a CM vc2 like i used to have for the 335. Its AFRs im concerned about

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Nice race

but why was the M3 starting from 3rd gear on 50mph roll on?
    Shouldn't it be from 2nd gear?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^Yes it should be, if I had my drag radials on that would have been my speed of choice because its my sweet spot. I started in 3rd and he started in 2nd bc:
    A) The race prior to that I almost went sideways and hit the wall so I wanted to dial it back
    B) If I did 2nd at a 50 I would 100% spin becuase that leaves me hard in my powerband and
    C) We wanted to see if I could reel him in giving him the advantage (which I think I did pretty good because that car is hard to catch once it gets out on you)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^Yes it should be, if I had my drag radials on that would have been my speed of choice because its my sweet spot. I started in 3rd and he started in 2nd bc:
    A) The race prior to that I almost went sideways and hit the wall so I wanted to dial it back
    B) If I did 2nd at a 50 I would 100% spin becuase that leaves me hard in my powerband and
    C) We wanted to see if I could reel him in giving him the advantage (which I think I did pretty good because that car is hard to catch once it gets out on you)

Thanks for the explanation.
    I'm using Pirelli Corsa tires to have less spinning but the problem with these track & competition tires is that there is no warranty on them and they wear out fast. If you can, give a try with track tires.
    But your M3 is still really fast. Enjoy it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

^Thank you! I use my nitto nt555r drag radials, they hook up great Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

damn your car is fast
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

M3 is a beast cant wait to see the rematch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

nice races! cant wait to see the next ones!!
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Interesting runs... That Z06 could have started in 1st gear and held you off longer. You'd still walk by, now with full exhaust, rai and tune. He should take you, looking forward to the rematch
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

^ yeah we were talking about that. He's a real good friend of mine - this is his mild z06, he also has a c6 z06 twin turbo with 1200whp and a c6 z06 with a 500ci n/a motor with a 200 shot ( with over 700whp n/a and closer to 1000whp on the bottle).

His car heatsoaked just as bad as mine on these runs, so I think the meth will help me big time and between that and race gas I should be able to pick up 40whp and alot of consistency between runs. When he gets headers, tune, intake I think he will most definitely pull out on me (I remember before we did the head/cam on ours we dynoed it with just headers/full exhaust/tune/intake at around 480whp) from a 40 BUT I do think I will be able to come back up top and maybe even be able to take him (I'm talking a 40-160/180 run). It will be a good run run I really think the meth will help me because I was questioning how much my car must have been suffering to only get a stock z06 by a couple cars meanwhile in 40 degree weather I was getting stock zr1 by 1-2 cars. Will have a new video next week!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

^ i actually heard if you're going for twin turbo (big power) on the new c6 it's best not to choose the z06, with its 7liter monster. reason being is the cylinder spacing/wall thickness isn't nearly as stout as the 6.2. that it's best to go full n/a on the z06 and leave the boost to the 6.2... hey the information i got could be wrong but it makes sense. anything can be done if you got the $$ i'm just saying it's probably easier/cheaper with the 6.2.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

^ You are 100% correct.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

^ yeah we were talking about that. He's a real good friend of mine - this is his mild z06, he also has a c6 z06 twin turbo with 1200whp and a c6 z06 with a 500ci n/a motor with a 200 shot ( with over 700whp n/a and closer to 1000whp on the bottle).

His car heatsoaked just as bad as mine on these runs, so I think the meth will help me big time and between that and race gas I should be able to pick up 40whp and alot of consistency between runs. When he gets headers, tune, intake I think he will most definitely pull out on me (I remember before we did the head/cam on ours we dynoed it with just headers/full exhaust/tune/intake at around 480whp) from a 40 BUT I do think I will be able to come back up top and maybe even be able to take him (I'm talking a 40-160/180 run). It will be a good run run I really think the meth will help me because I was questioning how much my car must have been suffering to only get a stock z06 by a couple cars meanwhile in 40 degree weather I was getting stock zr1 by 1-2 cars. Will have a new video next week!
    Id like to see the rematch after mods...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Great race brother Click here to enlarge

this is his mild z06, he also has a c6 z06 twin turbo with 1200whp and a c6 z06 with a 500ci n/a motor with a 200 shot ( with over 700whp n/a and closer to 1000whp on the bottle).
    Talk about a Z06 lover lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I heard we should have more vids soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Turns out only the old V3's come pretapped, so to install it we would have to remove the blower and tap it Click here to enlarge probably take an extra couple of hours no big deal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Therea no gain other than aesthetic to put it there and not in the coupler. I'll stick to that. I still think its crazy to be running an M10. That's definitely enhancing octane. I'm sticking with a 5, better atomization. You and he should consider the same

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

^question, even if the M10 is boosting octane wouldn't it not matter whatsoever because we aren't tuning for it/not raising boost?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I have run race gas to add a cushion... The net gain in power in minimal under most conditions. I have seen the same with meth. Unless tuned for there is little gain. But it great insurance IMO
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

^question, even if the M10 is boosting octane wouldn't it not matter whatsoever because we aren't tuning for it/not raising boost?
    it will and wont. it will, because it will be the most aggressive timing the tune can call for at all times. thats gonna result in a good bump in power.
    Im betting the gain is more like 20-30, if not more at the power m33 is going for

but it does matter because in the worst scenario, and this is just that, you have not as good gas in the tank, meth flowing, high boost, and a failure, its gonna knock. not a huge deal with how this motor runs, but thats worst case.

I think thats the difference between a small nozzle like i plan to do , and a larger. a smaler doesnt effect timing as much, it literally just cools. a larger one, is now a fuel source.

Also, i meant to say 2 M5 instead of 1 M10 for better atomization/ same flow
    Last edited by LostMarine; 07-15-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

^I see. Im ordering the HFS-3 as soon as I get to the office today (not sure how long it will take to get)...I'll be in nantucket this weekend so I'm going to have to install it next week (or even this week if it comes soon enough). I think ill start with an M5 then go to an M10 if needed like you said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast