Close

Thread: 2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Test Mule Spy Shots,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Test Mule Spy Shots,

Click here to enlarge

Heavily disguised prototypes for the next-generation Mercedes-Benz C Class are already out in testing, so it’s not unreasonable to assume engineers are also working on the eventual high-performance AMG variant.

Today we have spy shots of what’s likely to be a test mule for the next C63 AMG, which should join the rest of the new C Class range in showrooms in late 2014 or early the following year.

Though it may look like the current model, a slightly longer wheelbase and wider track confirm that this is no ordinary C63 AMG.

Hidden beneath the sheet metal of this test mule will be the new model’s powertrain, which is expected to switch to AMG’s latest twin-turbocharged 5.5-liter V-8 instead of the current model’s naturally-aspirated 6.2-liter V-8. The smaller engine, which develops up to 571 horsepower in some guises, is not only more powerful than the old 6.2-liter mill, but also produces significantly more low-end torque and is more fuel-efficient to boot.

In the new C63 AMG, expect output to at least match the 457 horsepower of the current model. While fans may be hoping for more power, performance should still be improved thanks to a lighter overall structure. Like the 2013 SL Class, the new C Class will almost certainly benefit from plenty of aluminum--and perhaps some composite--structures in its construction.

2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class spy shots

Of course, a Black Series variant is likely to

Source: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mule-spy-shots

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by SLS AMG; 07-18-2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: adding source of topic
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

I don't know if they got that right that the car pictured is a W205 mule but I do like what they say about it getting the M157. If so... game over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

That's sick , even if I had a Stage 3 @Weistec C63 by then , I would still buy that C class with the 5.5 TT engine.
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East