• I would like a different design

2 28.57%
  • I'm too drunk to care

0 0%
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

How do you feel about the frontpage?

Want to get feedback on our frontpages. How do you guys feel about the frequency and quality of updates?

To be honest, I look at other sites and their front pages are boring to me. Just generic. I mean, wow, pictures of the M5 or M3 in some different color. Two shades of blue compared (exciting!). The same spyhoto circulating every website. Etc., etc., etc.

I feel like I could do better on more unique pieces I write myself. To be honest from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed I'm writing and looking for content. In the middle of that I'm moderating, posting, moving posts, answering pm's, emails, on twitter, etc. It gets to be a bit draining but I think I could do better. I just wish more people knew of the sites.

So what do you think I could do better? Do you want more updates? Do you want a different design?

Or maybe I'm being too critical and it's fine the way it is?

You tell me. I want to really make this as professional looking and interesting as possible. It absolutely blows my mind M5board has more users for example yet they haven't even updated their damn front page since February.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

It's all good, it's crap free. Maybe a new look won't be bad though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    It's all good, it's crap free. Maybe a new look won't be bad though.
    I know EXACTLY what I want to do. I just need money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I like it the way it is. Everything is nice and simple. I think you are being a little to critical. The site has grown quite a bit since I've joined. I don't need to see 5-6 different reports on a new color for a car. You do provide nice updates with actual quality. You're not afraid to upset people by saying the truth or hide facts because a vendor is paying you.

I come to this forum to read about the actual car/tune/upgrade discussions that go on, not the "what's the best exhaust?" or "Hey I plastidipped my rims" crap at other places.

One thing people would like to see, I think is a IPhone/Android app for the sites, but I know thats another beast in itself.

I would like to see the Buy/Sell section grow but that comes with more users and I'm still waiting on a "How to" section.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    One thing people would like to see, I think is a IPhone/Android app for the sites, but I know thats another beast in itself.
    A problem money can solve, easily.

would like to see the Buy/Sell section grow but that comes with more users and I'm still waiting on a "How to" section.
    How to / DIY is a great idea obviously but there is a certain way I want to do it.

The site has grown quite a bit since I've joined.
    Not enough yet, sadly. I don't get how other sites with far $#@!tier quality and less updates are bigger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I like it the way it is. Everything is nice and simple. I think you are being a little to critical. The site has grown quite a bit since I've joined. I don't need to see 5-6 different reports on a new color for a car. You do provide nice updates with actual quality. You're not afraid to upset people by saying the truth or hide facts because a vendor is paying you.

I come to this forum to read about the actual car/tune/upgrade discussions that go on, not the "what's the best exhaust?" or "Hey I plastidipped my rims" crap at other places.

I would like to see the Buy/Sell section grow but that comes with more users and I'm still waiting on a "How to" section.
    Exactly, some forums just get bigger and get more posts by such threads.

@Sticky why don't you make entering this forum $10 per month Click here to enlarge j/k

What's in your head J ? How much does it need ( approx ) ?
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East