Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Renntech or Weistec for a 2012 CLS63

Are the Weistec tunes really putting out that much more hp and torque in the real world? ECU to ECU, Weistec's hp/tq claims are significantly higher than Renntech's. Does anyone have any objective/independent comparisons of the two? I have always thought that Renntech was the gold standard, but Weistech's numbers caught my attention. Trying to decide between the two. In addition to the ECU tune, Renntech offers an additional intercooler and upgraded pump. While Weistec offers what look to be thinner profile air filters. Does it make sense to mix and match? This is for a 2012 CLS63 with PP.

Thanks,

Lew

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lew,

RENNtech it's actually making much higher hp & torque performance w/stock airfilters without compromising reliability & sometimes does not have the time to updated dyno figures. Here's a CLS63 w/PP Dynojet STD dynograph that starts making poweband of +600whp@4300rpm to 5800rpm (+167whp delta gain @ 4300rpm) in 4th gear & high 90's temp conditions. So, in the end it's a matter of making the most reliable engine power w/track results. Also, just note that if you dyno the CLS63 in 5th gear any results will be higher & would be hitting 802ftlb at the wheels with our tunes in 5th gear!

BR.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lew l Click here to enlarge
    Are the Weistec tunes really putting out that much more hp and torque in the real world? ECU to ECU, Weistec's hp/tq claims are significantly higher than Renntech's. Does anyone have any objective/independent comparisons of the two? I have always thought that Renntech was the gold standard, but Weistech's numbers caught my attention. Trying to decide between the two. In addition to the ECU tune, Renntech offers an additional intercooler and upgraded pump. While Weistec offers what look to be thinner profile air filters. Does it make sense to mix and match? This is for a 2012 CLS63 with PP.

Thanks,

Lew
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks and good to hear. I ordered the Renntech R1 package a couple of days ago before I had heard of Weistec. Sounds like I'll be very pleased once it is installed.

Lee

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Lew,

RENNtech it's actually making much higher hp & torque performance w/stock airfilters without compromising reliability & sometimes does not have the time to updated dyno figures. Here's a CLS63 w/PP Dynojet STD dynograph that starts making poweband of +600whp@4300rpm to 5800rpm (+167whp delta gain @ 4300rpm) in 4th gear & high 90's temp conditions. So, in the end it's a matter of making the most reliable engine power w/track results. Also, just note that if you dyno the CLS63 in 5th gear any results will be higher & would be hitting 802ftlb at the wheels with our tunes in 5th gear!

BR.

Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps I misread your post but are you implying Weistec's tune could compromise reliability?
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks and good to hear. I ordered the Renntech R1 package a couple of days ago before I had heard of Weistec. Sounds like I'll be very pleased once it is installed.

Lee
    You should have gone with Weistec. Weistec numbers are very conservative and are more powerful than Renntech. If you knew anything about dynos, you would ask yourself why is the correction in STD?

The 618whp figure (which is conservative) from weistec is done with SAE correction.
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Lew,

BR.

Click here to enlarge

That's new to me. I dynoed my SLS and my bro's both C63 and SL63 in 4th and 5th gear. 5th gear results were almost the same and they were sometimes less.

The ClS63 carries a 7speed MCT tranny. How is it any diffrent in 5th gear?
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually I missed the std..i believe.this usually gives a higher number than sae correction.

Do you have the graph with sae?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Actually I missed the std..i believe.this usually gives a higher number than sae correction.

Do you have the graph with sae?
    It does. Std will always give higher than SAE
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No response from the vendor? I am not flaming and would like to see the other graph.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone have any objective/independent comparisons of the two? I have always thought that Renntech was the gold standard, but Weistech's numbers caught my attention. Trying to decide between the two. In addition to the ECU tune, Renntech offers an additional intercooler and upgraded pump. While Weistec offers what look to be thinner profile air filters. Does it make sense to mix and match? This is for a 2012 CLS63 with PP.
    There is no direct comparison between the two.

Both are quality tunes. It really is up to you to decide what is best for you where you are located, your fuel, etc. You can not go wrong with either.

You can mix and match different parts. An air filter will work with any tune.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    You should have gone with Weistec. Weistec numbers are very conservative and are more powerful than Renntech. If you knew anything about dynos, you would ask yourself why is the correction in STD?

The 618whp figure (which is conservative) from weistec is done with SAE correction.
    You can't just arbitrarily go by peak numbers. The fuel, what gear is used, weather conditions, miles on the car, and correction factor are all important.

At this point we have no direct comparison. Renntech does have very impressive 1/4 mile times.

They simply both are great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps I misread your post but are you implying Weistec's tune could compromise reliability?
    I did not get that implication at all. I think what he was saying was the gear used can affect the numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You can't just arbitrarily go by peak numbers. The fuel, what gear is used, weather conditions, miles on the car, and correction factor are all important.

At this point we have no direct comparison. Renntech does have very impressive 1/4 mile times.

They simply both are great.
    Yes You could. Weather conditions don't matter, because the Dynojet takes temperature, air pressure, and humidity and sets the necessary correction factor. Therfore, whether you are dynoing your car in the middle-east or new york, same car should net you the same numbers on a Dynojet.

As for correction factor, the STD will always give higher numbers about 20-25 RWHP more. And that is a FACT.

Weistec has the more powerful tune, no doubt my friendClick here to enlarge
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes You could. Weather conditions don't matter, because the Dynojet takes temperature, air pressure, and humidity and sets the necessary correction factor. Therfore, whether you are dynoing your car in the middle-east or new york, same car should net you the same numbers on a Dynojet.
    Not every model dynojet works the same and SAE and STD corrections help a bit for this but weather and heat soak are still factors. Additionally, some people run uncorrected for this reason.

Weistec has the more powerful tune, no doubt my friend
    I think you are placing a lot of emphasis on peak numbers. They are both very powerful options and ultimately the tune will be limited by the stock hardware. Either tuner is capable of getting ridiculously high numbers out of these motors. I don't see anything to justify some large power disparity between the two especially considering Renntech does have the quickest 1/4 mile times.

Both are simply awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not every model dynojet works the same and SAE and STD corrections help a bit for this but weather and heat soak are still factors. Additionally, some people run uncorrected for this reason.
    I am talking about a dynojet 224, which both tuners are using. Like I said, the graph posted above is a STD correction, which will always give higher numbers. Let him post the graph with an SAE file and you will see a lower number.

Weather isn't a factor when using SAE, it's true, that heat can effect the knock, but hey both tuners dynoed their cars around summer , one in Florida and the other in Cali (both hot conditions), with Cali having worse weather conditions.

I agree both tunes are excellent, and I understand the Renntech is a vendor here and your trying to make them look good, but man there is really no mistake, Weistec carry the more powerful tune without compromising reliability Click here to enlarge
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am talking about a dynojet 224, which both tuners are using. Like I said, the graph posted above is a STD correction, which will always give higher numbers. Let him post the graph with an SAE file and you will see a lower number.
    I'm not questioning this but comparing different cars in different locations on different dynos in different weather conditions with different fuels is not the way to come to an absolute conclusion.

I agree both tunes are excellent, and I understand the Renntech is a vendor here and your trying to make them look good, but man there is really no mistake, Weistec carry the more powerful tune without compromising reliability
    I'm not trying to make Renntech look good just being fair. They both are great but to really have a decisive conclusion it would require a direct comparison. Either the same car or two of the same cars running both runes with the same fuel.

Both are making big power. I simply can not support the statement that Weistec is the more reliable tune here. I see no basis for that. Both are going to be reliable and both are fantastic options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not questioning this but comparing different cars in different locations on different dynos in different weather conditions with different fuels is not the way to come to an absolute conclusion.

I'm not trying to make Renntech look good just being fair. They both are great but to really have a decisive conclusion it would require a direct comparison. Either the same car or two of the same cars running both runes with the same fuel.

Both are making big power. I simply can not support the statement that Weistec is the more reliable tune here. I see no basis for that. Both are going to be reliable and both are fantastic options.

Do the comparison, and you'll find weistec carry the best tunes
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do the comparison, and you'll find weistec carry the best tunes
    I know Weistec very well and feel their talent is underrated. That said, the main limiting factor on the M157 is going to be fuel quality and the stock hardware.

The highest HP M157 currently belongs to Renntech as well.

I think both are great options and Weistec has the M156 tuned to a higher level than anyone else on the planet and is the premier option for that motor. I think Renntech is currently tuning the M157 further/higher than anyone else.

Once again, both are great. I don't think we would see some huge difference between both tunes. I think Weistec and Renntech would both agree and respect each others approach.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know Weistec very well and feel their talent is underrated. That said, the main limiting factor on the M157 is going to be fuel quality and the stock hardware.

The highest HP M157 currently belongs to Renntech as well.

I think both are great options and Weistec has the M156 tuned to a higher level than anyone else on the planet and is the premier option for that motor. I think Renntech is currently tuning the M157 further/higher than anyone else.

Once again, both are great. I don't think we would see some huge difference between both tunes. I think Weistec and Renntech would both agree and respect each others approach.

No it doesnt. Click here to enlarge
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it doesnt. Click here to enlarge
    Well then who?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well then who?
    I think we should stay on topicClick here to enlarge
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think we should stay on topicClick here to enlarge
    No, please, I'd love to know if there is something I'm missing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, please, I'd love to know if there is something I'm missing.
    Digitech preformance. The M157 that they worked on with the bigger turbos that I posted about a whole back is now making 660rwhp
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The AMS tune doesn't look bad either. It has a better curve than the others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Digitech preformance. The M157 that they worked on with the bigger turbos that I posted about a whole back is now making 660rwhp
    Ya, I don't know how I feel about Digitech. Renntech has the 1/4 mile record I'm not going to compare different dynos as proof but Renntech has both the dynos and the results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast