Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Watch Humans Age from 1 Year Old to 100 Years Old

Thought this was a pretty cool video:

http://m.gizmodo.com/5939754/watch-h...-100-years-old

Using a Panasonic GH2, Dutch filmmaker Jeroen Wolf captured people ranging from 1 year young to 100 years old. It's simple—the person stares at the camera at states their age—yet incredibly touching to see the growth and experience you earn as the years add up. Wolf actually started the project last October by documenting people in Amsterdam but the project petered out because it was difficult to find very young and very old subjects. Wolf says:
    I found my very old 'models' in care homes and it was a privilege to document these—often vulnerable—people for this project. I had particular problems finding a 99 year-old. (Apparently 100 year-olds enjoy notoriety, but a 99 year-old is a rare species...) And when I finally did find one, she refused to state her age. She simply denied being 99 years old! But finally, some 4 months after I recorded my first 'age', I was able to capture the 'missing link' and conclude this project. Enjoy.
    It's a lovely project.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Hah. I tried to watch that a couple nights ago but those kids are so gooney looking. I lasted only a few seconds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

stupid project, all different people. since people age differently there are huge inconsistincies in the intended accurate representation of each age. The people all looked really gooney, as e92 so elaborately pointed out.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    stupid project, all different people. since people age differently there are huge inconsistincies in the intended accurate representation of each age. The people all looked really gooney, as e92 so elaborately pointed out.
    That's the whole point - everyone is different. It's a social commentary moreso than it is an accurate representation of physical attributes according to age.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)