Close

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

GTR vs STI, How to take a loss in stride!!!

Mods are mentioned in the post... Flash for the GTR and Big Turbo E85 on the STI.

We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lmao, really makes me want to get an Evo. I love the guy's commentary! I say Evo rather than STI because everyone tells me they hold more power on a stock block. I very much prefer how the STi's look though.
    Daily: 2007 Montego Blue E92 335i - Stock
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That STI has a lot of money in it... I am an Evo guy as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    evos > sti's.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My friend worked for Subaru while he owned an EVO he said those STI cars are trash blown engines every week some people had multiple engines replaced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    My friend worked for Subaru while he owned an EVO he said those STI cars are trash blown engines every week some people had multiple engines replaced.
    That happened to a buddy of mine. He basically blew up his EJ25 on the stock tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha.. I like the guy's commentary. I hate seeing guys take a loss all personal. For me it's all in good fun..

For me, Evo 8 or 9 all day everyday over any STI. My friend's build/mod both every week and will tell you the lack of reliability and extra cost to mod are just not worth it on an STI. I can't imagine what the build cost would be to lay down 700+whp in a Subi??

I don't mean to thread jack but will include this video of 2 friends EVO's from JMS Racing at TX2k12. They complained about the horrible track prep.. lol
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    That happened to a buddy of mine. He basically blew up his EJ25 on the stock tune.
    Seriously? Now that's just bad. Let's take the Evo motor, put it in a hatch STi body, and make millions!
    Weekend: 2008 Graffiti CBR 600RR - Two Brothers | CBR Heaven | Shogun | Motovation | Power Commander | Honda Racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    Haha.. I like the guy's commentary. I hate seeing guys take a loss all personal. For me it's all in good fun..

For me, Evo 8 or 9 all day everyday over any STI. My friend's build/mod both every week and will tell you the lack of reliability and extra cost to mod are just not worth it on an STI. I can't imagine what the build cost would be to lay down 700+whp in a Subi??

I don't mean to thread jack but will include this video of 2 friends EVO's from JMS Racing at TX2k12. They complained about the horrible track prep.. lol
    Looks like a slip and slide! Awesome cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, that STI is $#@!ing fast. Good loss by the GTR would like to hang out with that guy lol. Evo over STI anyday. Those EVO's are disgusting, how they lose control with AWD when they reach full boost is just nuts.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2087 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hate the new hatch body of the STI.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Definitely always would take an Evo over an STI. I loved my Evo IX, but it wore on me being a daily driver after 3 years. I would love to get another one and make it a track/weekend beast. I have a friend that was running 10.0 passes with 600+ whp on his stock block for over a year. A fuel failure led to a blown engine, but that stock block went through hell before it gave up. STI's on the other hand I have seen blow with next to nothing done to them.
    Current: 2012 CTS-V - stock for now
    Past: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's almost as if they had a few drinks before hand and did anybody notice how he hit the white thing in te middle??? It made the guy on te right hug te right side of his lane lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my buddies evo went 9.99 at 145 stock motor trans and transfer case! he bent a rod after 200+ track events but $#@! it its got a built motor and will go prolly in the 8s this time around

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stratman335 Click here to enlarge
    It's almost as if they had a few drinks before hand and did anybody notice how he hit the white thing in te middle??? It made the guy on te right hug te right side of his lane lol
    thats what happens when you get behind te wheel of a subaru