Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brake rotors and pads question

I am due for my front brakes and rotors to be replaced soon, my rears have about 4000 miles before they replaced according to my service screen on my car. Should I just replace the fronts or do all of them at once?

My second question is: I am thinking about going with EBC rotors and red stuff pads. Is that a good choice to go with? I have the 135i with the big brakes and its just strictly for street driving.

Thanks!
    Rodrigo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Bump, let's get an answer.

@ModBargains

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rodzilla Click here to enlarge
    I am due for my front brakes and rotors to be replaced soon, my rears have about 4000 miles before they replaced according to my service screen on my car. Should I just replace the fronts or do all of them at once?

My second question is: I am thinking about going with EBC rotors and red stuff pads. Is that a good choice to go with? I have the 135i with the big brakes and its just strictly for street driving.

Thanks!
    Rodrigo

Miles on your car? Type of driving you've been doing? Will you be replacing these yourself or having someone else doing it?

When you say big brakes do you mean you have a BBK? or just referring to the 135i brakes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Daily Three Click here to enlarge
    Miles on your car? Type of driving you've been doing? Will you be replacing these yourself or having someone else doing it?

When you say big brakes do you mean you have a BBK? or just referring to the 135i brakes?
    Car has about 37,500 miles, its 2008 so I'm out of the maintenance program. I just drive to school and work, nothing where I need super stopping power. By the big brakes I mean the Stock 135i Brembos. I have a guy that does them for me. He's a BMW tech, who does work on the side.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    EBCs will be just fine.. I haven't looked at pricing in a while, but I do love StopTech.. Price:value in your situation EBC is probably your best route.. IIRC the EBC pads take a little longer to break in, but will suit your needs well. I would just replace all four at the same time. Check the brake pad sensors too on the front left and right rear. You will most likely need to replace those too. If they are too worn you won't be able to reset your brake service interval.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Daily Three Click here to enlarge
    EBCs will be just fine.. I haven't looked at pricing in a while, but I do love StopTech.. Price:value in your situation EBC is probably your best route.. IIRC the EBC pads take a little longer to break in, but will suit your needs well. I would just replace all four at the same time. Check the brake pad sensors too on the front left and right rear. You will most likely need to replace those too. If they are too worn you won't be able to reset your brake service interval.
    Thank you for your help! I forgot about the sensors. I'll make sure to get those as well. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I would do all 4 corners also If youre just doing street driving i would stick to the oem. If you really need a step up get better pads.
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.