Thread: The Mercedes competitor to the BMW X1? 2014 Mercedes-Benz X156 GLA Crossover spotted testing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

The Mercedes competitor to the BMW X1? 2014 Mercedes-Benz X156 GLA Crossover spotted testing

The spyphotos below capture the upcoming Mercedes-Benz GLA. This vehicle was originally referred to as the GLC and is intended as a BMW X1 competitor. Well, now that we officially know the name what other details are there? For one, it will most likely be coming to the United States market which tends to eat crossovers and entry level SUV's up. Mercedes-Benz is also aiming squarely at the BMW X1 in Europe which happens to currently be Europe's best selling luxury SUV.

This vehicle is based on the A-Class platform and looks much more like a raised wagon than an SUV. This is fine since the BMW X1 is basically just a raised 3-Series wagon. It will also share the A-Class engines and transmissions. Further details to come as this is the first time the vehicle was spotted testing wearing its real body but expect all wheel drive to at the very least be an option if not standard.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The X1 has the NICHE in this category, I sat in one and Im 5'11" and was very comfotable and impressed by it. MB has to come in with a strong contender i.e. DIESEL!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The X1 has the NICHE in this category, I sat in one and Im 5'11" and was very comfotable and impressed by it. MB has to come in with a strong contender i.e. DIESEL!!!!!!
    Agreed, X1 currently controls this niche. Although this Mercedes competitor looks way more like a wagon to me while the X1 looks a bit more like an SUV.
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Very true I had realized that but the camo had me confused LOL