Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

PerformanceBox issues?

Forgive the colors and poor editing, but this was copied straight from my post on Racelogic's forums.

My original unit had no issues showing data with negative height (below sea level). This new unit (newest firmware, newest Performance Tools software) will not show height below 0ft. Being that it accurately picks up satellites and has no issues reporting actual speed, I believe this to be something in the firmware that may have been changed from my old unit to this new unit. If it simply did not pick up an accurate speed I would say the unit is defective, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Is this something that was implemented in later firmware? If so, is there a way to enable negative height? Being that this unit sees a lot of duty doing 60-130 runs below sea level, it would be rendered useless for my needs if it cannot read negative height.

Worst case scenario, is there a way to backdate to an older firmware that had this feature enabled? Many thanks in advance.

-edit

After pulling up an example log in PT, it appears that relative height appears to be somewhat accurate, but actual height isn't. Leaning more towards firmware change than anything else.

Click here to enlarge

-edit2

Dug up a Pbox log from my old unit, notice how height is negative as it should be, yet there is no relative height even logged on this unit. Does this mean that relative height on this new Pbox = just "height" on the old one?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to general automotive.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its something with the graphing/scaling. Mines old f/w but if i played with a few settings it would dissapear as well. on the first graphi dont see the green scale at all. im sure its a user adjustement issue

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its something with the graphing/scaling. Mines old f/w but if i played with a few settings it would dissapear as well. on the first graphi dont see the green scale at all. im sure its a user adjustement issue
    Yeah, waiting on Racelogic to tell me how to fix that. The issue is the altitude reporting on the actual Pbox itself which I believe to be firmware related.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Funny you mention this. I just ran a 60-130 on my normal road which is pretty much dead flat, yet it is showing the altitude being all over the place. Doesn't make sense it has always been dead flat on all my other vbox graphs. Weird.

BTW it was a 6 second flat. Not too shabby for my 2nd lowest boost setting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    BTW it was a 6 second flat. Not too shabby for my 2nd lowest boost setting.
    Uh no... definitely not.

Which car is this again? I have trouble keeping track of what car you have this week. This would be the E46 M3 correct?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha. Yes. This is the one I bought from Jason Siebels. It is definitely a quick car. Lots of fun to drive.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    yet it is showing the altitude being all over the place.
    this is what ive been saying for a while now.. the altitude is $#@!ed up, i use the same stretch, map it onto google earth to get a 2nd opinion on elevation, and its never the same. some of it has to do with how many satellites it picks up, or in my case an overpass nearby, but its never the same, even if i just drive it over and over.. Hence why i went on a rampage about how to "play" with vbox % data

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so was it a firmware issue?