Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 300

Thread: Shift Sector Race

              
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,863
    Rep Points
    3,610.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    E85 is certainly going to keep things interesting for this platform. Imagine a RB turbo car running 100% e85?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I don't think so. What happens is once in 5th gear under full load the transmission randomly unloads. It's not clear if its the clutches or torque converter unlocking. But when it happens RPM jumps through the roof (scary!) and bad things ensue. Since so few automatics run these power levels up to 160mph I don't have much data on the problem other than it was happening to one of my customers all day. And then started suddenly happening to me. This is different than my normal 2nd and 4th gear trans slippage. This log was against a really fast turbo E36 IIRC. We were neck and neck before I cut out but he apparently had a secret over boost mode he was waiting to use if I creeped. Click here to enlarge

    Also interestingly I was using VP109 yesterday instead of my usual E60 and my advance actually was much worse. Ethanol FTW.
    Interesting on the fuel.. I see better timing with E45 vs 100 unleaded (similar but scaled down comparison) So i have an occasional 4th gear slippage.. its rare so do i just live with it? the two times it happened i ran 12.19 and 12.15 vs 11.8/11.9 and lost a mph or 2.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,529
    Rep Points
    6,487.0
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    65



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Welcome to the boat. I expect more will be joining us soon looking for some transmission upgrades...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,207
    Rep Points
    4,319.1
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Good meeting you yesterday Terry, your car is VERY fast. Too bad we didn't get to run it because of the tuner wars :/. Although, we both knew the outcome.
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good meeting you yesterday Terry, your car is VERY fast. Too bad we didn't get to run it because of the tuner wars :/. Although, we both knew the outcome.
    the outcome? would it be you winning?
    JB4LIFE

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,207
    Rep Points
    4,319.1
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the outcome? would it be you winning?
    $#@! no! Terry's car is putting 500whp in a car that is stripped on full e85. His car weighs as much as mine now with 85whp on top. He'd eat me alive. 7.8s 60-130 and he was hitting 160 traps at the end of the 1/2. I was hitting 145-150 tops.
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    42
    Rep Points
    18.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    There is a pretty big HP difference between 150-158mph traps also. Assuming the 150mph was actually measured on GPS and not the speedometer.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,207
    Rep Points
    4,319.1
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwsport Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a pretty big HP difference between 150-158mph traps also. Assuming the 150mph was actually measured on GPS and not the speedometer.
    Traps were all speedometer. No track machines were there. Just good ol cones lol.
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Points
    2,330.2
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    terry has a vbox, im sure his speeds were based off of what the vbox said
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,197
    Rep Points
    26,065.6
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ironic how sticky is talking delays with a car.

    Take off the glasses, look how many rb guys were having issues with 5th gear at this event also, not just the singles. Did you forget about that fact also? If so read terry's comments again.

    It's obvious a lot of these 500+ hp 3s are having tranny issues at higher speeds so stop looking for a fight that isn't there.
    Not ironic at all as it's a different issue. The point being I could have sworn we had some single turbo guys saying how they couldn't wait to race everyone yet the cars needed tuning at the event and secondly saying how they have been driving around enjoying their cars. Clearly hand picked guinea pigs who are keeping quiet just how Shiv wants.

    At least people should now understand why the only numbers are from Shiv himself.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,197
    Rep Points
    26,065.6
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's all make bets. Will we see a video of stickys M before the end of the year. Kinda like a baby poll, I'm taking Jan 14.
    Will this change single turbo claims and results? Are they both related or something?

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,197
    Rep Points
    26,065.6
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sticky will be sticky. I understand. It's easy to make a post and say whet every he wants without doing anything to back it up. I'm in Socal bro, lets get it on... Honestly for me it has nothing to do with the tune. I would have been just as happy to own COBB, but when I was researching tunes, at the time the PROcede was the best tune. Today it's about Sift S3ctor. You are there or you are not. You can't backup anything you say if you don't show up.

    Flinchy, you're also welcome to come put your hp were your mouth is. My car wasn't have any issues with keeping up with Terry if you're all turning this into a tuner war. I think Terry was a nice guy and really enjoyed talking with him. I even buy parts for my car from him. But a stripped out 135 with RBs should have walked all over me, but he didn't so it would be nice if a few more RBs would show today so I have some real compatition and I can have fun running my car and we can come together as N54 owners, not tune haters. So stop sitting on your ass and get in your car and drive over and check it out. Even if you don't want to drive, come hang out with the guys. I have two pit passess anyone in SoCal who shows up can have them.

    If you do make it down, look me up. It will be fun even if you do beet me. I don't really car, but it will be fun for everyone. BTW, I walked all over an Audi S4 GIAC yesterday... Spaked him.. I'm hitting 150 traps, so I should be able to get some 60 ~ times...
    Please don't mention me by name when you aren't up to speed or have any idea what you are talking about.

    Have fun trying to play with RB N54's and chipped B5 S4's and whatnot. Quite the beast.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,197
    Rep Points
    26,065.6
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Traps were all speedometer. No track machines were there. Just good ol cones lol.
    One of the problems with these types of events, hard data isn't the same as a strip.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,529
    Rep Points
    6,487.0
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    65



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    terry has a vbox, im sure his speeds were based off of what the vbox said
    +1, I was just going off the VMAX value saved in the VBOX during each run.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,529
    Rep Points
    6,487.0
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    65



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    $#@! no! Terry's car is putting 500whp in a car that is stripped on full e85. His car weighs as much as mine now with 85whp on top. He'd eat me alive. 7.8s 60-130 and he was hitting 160 traps at the end of the 1/2. I was hitting 145-150 tops.
    Thanks. You were hauling also. Sorry we didn't get to run but hopefully next time!
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-11-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,197
    Rep Points
    26,065.6
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks. You were hauling also for a heavier car. Sorry we didn't get to run but hopefully next time!
    What do you mean? His car is pretty light.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    375
    Rep Points
    692.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not ironic at all as it's a different issue. The point being I could have sworn we had some single turbo guys saying how they couldn't wait to race everyone yet the cars needed tuning at the event and secondly saying how they have been driving around enjoying their cars. Clearly hand picked guinea pigs who are keeping quiet just how Shiv wants.

    At least people should now understand why the only numbers are from Shiv himself.
    +1

    Lots of noise pre-race and when it comes time for heads up run...um, yeah, all ST cars were not available. Please come back later.

    *&^%##ing russian space program.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    6,529
    Rep Points
    6,487.0
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    65



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean? His car is pretty light.
    Oops I meant that weight comment for someone else. Still catching up on sleep. Just meant to say he was hauling ass. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-11-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,890
    Rep Points
    947.8
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sticky will be sticky. I understand. It's easy to make a post and say whet every he wants without doing anything to back it up. I'm in Socal bro, lets get it on... Honestly for me it has nothing to do with the tune. I would have been just as happy to own COBB, but when I was researching tunes, at the time the PROcede was the best tune. Today it's about Sift S3ctor. You are there or you are not. You can't backup anything you say if you don't show up.

    Flinchy, you're also welcome to come put your hp were your mouth is. My car wasn't have any issues with keeping up with Terry if you're all turning this into a tuner war. I think Terry was a nice guy and really enjoyed talking with him. I even buy parts for my car from him. But a stripped out 135 with RBs should have walked all over me, but he didn't so it would be nice if a few more RBs would show today so I have some real compatition and I can have fun running my car and we can come together as N54 owners, not tune haters. So stop sitting on your ass and get in your car and drive over and check it out. Even if you don't want to drive, come hang out with the guys. I have two pit passess anyone in SoCal who shows up can have them.

    If you do make it down, look me up. It will be fun even if you do beet me. I don't really car, but it will be fun for everyone. BTW, I walked all over an Audi S4 GIAC yesterday... Spaked him.. I'm hitting 150 traps, so I should be able to get some 60 ~ times...
    It's a pity i live in Australia

    you might enjoy reading my n54 build when i really get into it, too though Click here to enlarge

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,207
    Rep Points
    4,319.1
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    44


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sticky will be sticky. I understand. It's easy to make a post and say whet every he wants without doing anything to back it up. I'm in Socal bro, lets get it on... Honestly for me it has nothing to do with the tune. I would have been just as happy to own COBB, but when I was researching tunes, at the time the PROcede was the best tune. Today it's about Sift S3ctor. You are there or you are not. You can't backup anything you say if you don't show up.

    Flinchy, you're also welcome to come put your hp were your mouth is. My car wasn't have any issues with keeping up with Terry if you're all turning this into a tuner war. I think Terry was a nice guy and really enjoyed talking with him. I even buy parts for my car from him. But a stripped out 135 with RBs should have walked all over me, but he didn't so it would be nice if a few more RBs would show today so I have some real compatition and I can have fun running my car and we can come together as N54 owners, not tune haters. So stop sitting on your ass and get in your car and drive over and check it out. Even if you don't want to drive, come hang out with the guys. I have two pit passess anyone in SoCal who shows up can have them.

    If you do make it down, look me up. It will be fun even if you do beet me. I don't really car, but it will be fun for everyone. BTW, I walked all over an Audi S4 GIAC yesterday... Spaked him.. I'm hitting 150 traps, so I should be able to get some 60 ~ times...
    I wanted to run higher hp cars, no one really gave me a chance besides the z06. I would have loved to run you. I bailed on the S4 you're talking about cause I knew he didn't have a chance after he lost to one of the cars I beat. Which car did you have exactly?? I'm sure I took a pic of it.
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    50.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +1

    Lots of noise pre-race and when it comes time for heads up run...um, yeah, all ST cars were not available. Please come back later.

    *&^%##ing russian space program.

    goes back to what i said before.. if you have 600hp on a dyno, but not on the road, do you really have it?

    i could be wrong, just got up and dont see any shift sector threads up yet

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,863
    Rep Points
    3,610.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here are some roll races from today by username Dmacc on e90post. @fastgti69 your the first car he races. His 135 does pretty well considering his mods.

    From his post:
    DCI
    Catback Exhaust
    Vishnu FlexFuel Sensor
    Vishnu LPFP
    70% E85 30% 91
    Stock Downpipes
    Stock Intercooler
    Stock Charge pipe
    Stock DVs
    135 6MT

    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    21
    Rep Points
    18.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just like everyone has been saying, you'd think single turbo owners would be posting results and bragging about kills by now if they had a good showing Click here to enlarge Then again in all fairness, there were only a few owners like Terry sharing his results from yesterday.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,197
    Rep Points
    26,065.6
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are some roll races from today by username Dmacc on e90post. @fastgti69 your the first car he races. His 135 does pretty well considering his mods.

    From his post:
    DCI
    Catback Exhaust
    Vishnu FlexFuel Sensor
    Vishnu LPFP
    70% E85 30% 91
    Stock Downpipes
    Stock Intercooler
    Stock Charge pipe
    Stock DVs
    135 6MT

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITcmr...layer_embedded
    Cobalt takes him pretty well.

    Nice video quality from this dude.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,197
    Rep Points
    26,065.6
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccbad Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just like everyone has been saying, you'd think single turbo owners would be posting results and bragging about kills by now if they had a good showing Click here to enlarge Then again in all fairness, there were only a few owners like Terry sharing his results from yesterday.
    Don't question the single turbos. We should be grateful we're blessed with their existence in the first place and that the God of tuning himself has touched them. I sacrifice a 328i nightly to my shrine.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •