Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No

    Got pulled over tonight...

    Hello Bimmerboost,

    Tonight i was pulled over in a 45 mph zone for doing 62 mph (17 mph over). I was issued a Written Warning, which i am totally fine with. The cop was ever-so-unpleasent, but she (female cop) could sense my nervousness. Fumbled throughout the entire ordeal. Another cop eventually came by and chit-chatted her up about some random crap for 15 minutes. So i was in the hot seat for 15 extra minutes just listening to this cop's mother's ear problems Click here to enlarge

    She was nice after the whole deal, since she figured out i wasnt one of the street racers. I was pulled over by an unmarked, blacked-out Suburban. That thing was completely murdered, i tell you Click here to enlarge It was also about two blocks away from a commonly-known street racing meet (Friday night meet @ 11, pulled over at 11:30). I was being an idiot and not triple checking my surroundings, and instead listening to music. Felt like an idiot, because i didnt believe that the red/blue was for me lol No idea where the Suburban came from either.

    Still super shaken up by the ordeal. I rarely ever get into legal trouble such as this. Just wanted to vent.

    Discuss,
    E


    PS- In this scenario, would a radar detector have been positive or negative? It could have warned me (if reflected off a vehicle in front of me) or negative (she would have issued a citation instead). Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Lucky mofo. I never get away with tickets lol.
    John 3:16


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Lucky mofo. I never get away with tickets lol.
    Luckily the woman could smell the poop in my pants Click here to enlarge

    Now im contemplating a V1/9500ix/K40?. Opinions/advice?
    Last edited by Eric335; 12-01-2012 at 01:42 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,013
    Rep Points
    5,704.1
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Lucky you didn't get a ticket. Radar will not let you there is a cop around. Radar will just let you know you are being targeted or if there is a laser pointer somewhere in the region you're going. 2 weeks ago on my way to shift sector, I raced one of my buddies I met. I'm reaching 100mph and I just look in my rear view to a CHP. Just slow the hell down and I see the CHP just cruise right next to me. Sexiest female cop I've ever seen, gave me the death look lol. Thank god she didn't pull me over. Moral of the story, radar will only work if they're using a device that sends out frequency. If you're being paced by a cop, the radar wont tell you!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Lucky you didn't get a ticket. Radar will not let you there is a cop around. Radar will just let you know you are being targeted or if there is a laser pointer somewhere in the region you're going. 2 weeks ago on my way to shift sector, I raced one of my buddies I met. I'm reaching 100mph and I just look in my rear view to a CHP. Just slow the hell down and I see the CHP just cruise right next to me. Sexiest female cop I've ever seen, gave me the death look lol. Thank god she didn't pull me over. Moral of the story, radar will only work if they're using a device that sends out frequency. If you're being paced by a cop, the radar wont tell you!

    I consider myself very lucky right now haha. Im considering a system similar to the K40, but im not sure how much it costs (its a radar detector/laser defeater combo). My friend used it on his M3.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,347
    Rep Points
    2,757.4
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    All I can say is stay away from the street racing areas. Meet up with your buddies at a coffee joint or McDs...at least you can chill inside. Nothing is worse than being around the area and catching flak even if you weren't even part of it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,013
    Rep Points
    5,704.1
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    I consider myself very lucky right now haha. Im considering a system similar to the K40, but im not sure how much it costs (its a radar detector/laser defeater combo). My friend used it on his M3.
    I have the cobra 9700 I got off craigslist. It's a little dated but works very well for 40 bucks! LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    62 in a 45? You terrorist. They should lock you away for life.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I have the cobra 9700 I got off craigslist. It's a little dated but works very well for 40 bucks! LOL
    Haha thanks for the tip.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    62 in a 45? You terrorist. They should lock you away for life.
    Yeah, the part that is pissing me off now, is that i believe the chick paced me and didnt actually radar/laser me. Which means the speed was entirely her interpretation of what i was doing...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,186
    Rep Points
    1,801.7
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Laser Jammers > Laser Detector. Neither are "pace" proof though. If you're gonna drive like a BMW owner, then just do it responsibly/intelligently. Time & place for everything
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,053
    Rep Points
    2,634.3
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I remember my first beer.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    I remember my first beer.
    I remember my first hangover Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Hello Bimmerboost,

    Tonight i was pulled over in a 45 mph zone for doing 62 mph (17 mph over). I was issued a Written Warning, which i am totally fine with. The cop was ever-so-unpleasent, but she (female cop) could sense my nervousness. Fumbled throughout the entire ordeal. Another cop eventually came by and chit-chatted her up about some random crap for 15 minutes. So i was in the hot seat for 15 extra minutes just listening to this cop's mother's ear problems Click here to enlarge

    She was nice after the whole deal, since she figured out i wasnt one of the street racers. I was pulled over by an unmarked, blacked-out Suburban. That thing was completely murdered, i tell you Click here to enlarge It was also about two blocks away from a commonly-known street racing meet (Friday night meet @ 11, pulled over at 11:30). I was being an idiot and not triple checking my surroundings, and instead listening to music. Felt like an idiot, because i didnt believe that the red/blue was for me lol No idea where the Suburban came from either.

    Still super shaken up by the ordeal. I rarely ever get into legal trouble such as this. Just wanted to vent.

    Discuss,
    E


    PS- In this scenario, would a radar detector have been positive or negative? It could have warned me (if reflected off a vehicle in front of me) or negative (she would have issued a citation instead). Thoughts?
    was she hot?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    262.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I've had a radar detector as standard equipment for >25years continuously. 3 of my cars have remote mount 9500 ix's, and I have a windshield mounted 9500i for anything else. The number of avoided tickets and increased insurance premiums ccould have financed a new car by now. They are definitely more effective on the highway, then in the city, but they never sleep while my mind might wander.

    I used to have the k40 remote mount, but the escort is far superior. The only other brand I would/ have considered is the Valentine V1. In your case she probably gave you a warning cause she didn't pace you long enough to win in court. Another reason could be where the car is registered.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    The entire speed limit system is idiotic. Some 60's pickup should have the same speed limitation as a brand new Porsche 911? It's completely illogical.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The entire speed limit system is idiotic. Some 60's pickup should have the same speed limitation as a brand new Porsche 911? It's completely illogical.
    I couldn't agree more. And why is it that every time I see some major traffic jam or accident some $#@!ing old person who has no business behind the wheel is causing massive problems ??? I mean you have to be a certain age to drive....why is there not a certain age when you CANNOT drive ???? I think when someone reaches the age of 60, they should have to go in for a mandatory drivers test. Upon completion of the test, the tester then sets a schedule for that person going forward. If they are a great driver at 60, then their next mandatory test is at 70. If they are a $#@!ty driver who can barely stay on the road at 60, then they should be forced to take a drivers test every year. Just look at the stats:


    -People between the ages of 15 and 24 and over 75 are the groups most likely affected by car accidents

    -Drivers over the age of 65 are second most likely to die in a car crash

    But because of the $#@!ing lobbyists, older drivers have to first be in 2 or more accidents before they have to take mandatory test. $#@!ing insane:




    "Mandatory driving tests - California, which requires retesting for anyone involved in a fatal crash or three or more crashes in one year, requires drivers over 70 to retest if they are involved in two or more crashes in one year. Proposals in several other states to toughen licensing requirements for older drivers have been thwarted by senior-citizen lobbying groups (AARP & others), who say age-based measures are discriminatory. They claim that a person's chronological age is not an accurate predictor of driving ability. The lobbyists argue that if seniors are forced to take mandatory roadtests in the absence of an incident, other age groups should be required to take them as well."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ There's merit there, it's pretty much due to not wanting to be seen as being mean the elderly which is not socially acceptable.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,186
    Rep Points
    1,801.7
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The entire speed limit system is idiotic. Some 60's pickup should have the same speed limitation as a brand new Porsche 911? It's completely illogical.
    Was gonna say, it's not the car that's the problem, it's the driver & road etiquette here in the US. After spend 2 weeks in Germany & a healthy amount of time on the Autobahn, I can completely understand & appreciate why there are unrestricted sections on the highway.

    The driving culture is night & day different then it is here in the US. The general speed of traffic increases as you go from the right further to the left of the highway. Drivers anticipate cars coming up behind them faster & get out of the way to avoid any potential accidents. Trucks stay in the left lane except for when other cars are merging on the highway. There's also VERY heavy financial punishments/licenses suspensions for drivers who get tickets or are in accidents.


    Then again, this isn't the only problem we have. Here in the US, people associate drinking with getting bombed. In Europe it's scene more as a social element (not that people magically don't get blackout over there).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Was gonna say, it's not the car that's the problem, it's the driver & road etiquette here in the US.
    It's definitely a combo.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I couldn't agree more. And why is it that every time I see some major traffic jam or accident some $#@!ing old person who has no business behind the wheel is causing massive problems ??? I mean you have to be a certain age to drive....why is there not a certain age when you CANNOT drive ???? I think when someone reaches the age of 60, they should have to go in for a mandatory drivers test. Upon completion of the test, the tester then sets a schedule for that person going forward. If they are a great driver at 60, then their next mandatory test is at 70. If they are a $#@!ty driver who can barely stay on the road at 60, then they should be forced to take a drivers test every year. Just look at the stats:


    -People between the ages of 15 and 24 and over 75 are the groups most likely affected by car accidents

    -Drivers over the age of 65 are second most likely to die in a car crash

    But because of the $#@!ing lobbyists, older drivers have to first be in 2 or more accidents before they have to take mandatory test. $#@!ing insane:




    "Mandatory driving tests - California, which requires retesting for anyone involved in a fatal crash or three or more crashes in one year, requires drivers over 70 to retest if they are involved in two or more crashes in one year. Proposals in several other states to toughen licensing requirements for older drivers have been thwarted by senior-citizen lobbying groups (AARP & others), who say age-based measures are discriminatory. They claim that a person's chronological age is not an accurate predictor of driving ability. The lobbyists argue that if seniors are forced to take mandatory roadtests in the absence of an incident, other age groups should be required to take them as well."
    I agree with this.

    I was always an advocate for driving tests for older people.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,013
    Rep Points
    5,704.1
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    X2 always said it. 60 and above A driver test every 5 years. 70 and up probably every 2. Old ppl driving is scary.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Laser Jammers > Laser Detector. Neither are "pace" proof though. If you're gonna drive like a BMW owner, then just do it responsibly/intelligently. Time & place for everything
    I honestly wasnt that much faster than the speed of traffic. The traffic was flowing consistently around 55 mph. My mind drifted from my speedo and when i looked down, there was red and blue behind me Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    I remember my first beer.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I remember my first hangover Click here to enlarge
    Good for you? I havent had a LEO trouble me in forever, so i was a little flustered, hence this thread

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    was she hot?
    If you like middle-aged butchy women with a horrible attitude, then shes right up your alley Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    I've had a radar detector as standard equipment for >25years continuously. 3 of my cars have remote mount 9500 ix's, and I have a windshield mounted 9500i for anything else. The number of avoided tickets and increased insurance premiums ccould have financed a new car by now. They are definitely more effective on the highway, then in the city, but they never sleep while my mind might wander.

    I used to have the k40 remote mount, but the escort is far superior. The only other brand I would/ have considered is the Valentine V1. In your case she probably gave you a warning cause she didn't pace you long enough to win in court. Another reason could be where the car is registered.
    Very true. Im still deciding between the 9500ix and the V1. Id prefer to have the most inconspicuous setup possible. Any recommendations?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The entire speed limit system is idiotic. Some 60's pickup should have the same speed limitation as a brand new Porsche 911? It's completely illogical.
    I completely agree. I feel that the speed limit should be different for different cars (varying by suspension/engine/aerodynamics), as well as driver training/experience (different colored license plates to symbolize different levels?). The problem with this mentality is that it would be a PITA to enforce, and would vary case by case (rather than a strict speed limit for all).

    If the US had more tracks/Autobahn-esque roads, this problem wouldnt exist.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    I completely agree. I feel that the speed limit should be different for different cars (varying by suspension/engine/aerodynamics), as well as driver training/experience (different colored license plates to symbolize different levels?). The problem with this mentality is that it would be a PITA to enforce, and would vary case by case (rather than a strict speed limit for all).
    I think it wouldn't be too tough. They enforce different speed limits now for different vehicles, trailers, trucks, etc. Just have a higher level for drivers and approved cars. They could have a different license or sticker on the license to denote them. Same as they do with people who use toll roads who have a way of being identified.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think it wouldn't be too tough. They enforce different speed limits now for different vehicles, trailers, trucks, etc. Just have a higher level for drivers and approved cars. They could have a different license or sticker on the license to denote them. Same as they do with people who use toll roads who have a way of being identified.
    True. Another idea is a little chip/transmitter on the license plate that (When scanned with a radar-gun-esque thing) would send back this data on the driver.

    Oh, we can dream...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    True. Another idea is a little chip/transmitter on the license plate that (When scanned with a radar-gun-esque thing) would send back this data on the driver.
    Yep, exactly sort of what I was suggesting.

    If they wanted to make it work they could.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •