Close

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Points
    6,789.3
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No

    Epic fight between Nissan GT-R and a Porsche GT3 Cup at the 2012 Nurburgring 24h

    A 2 laps fight to keep up with the Team Nissan GT-R very fast car.
    20 hours into the race with the cars and their drivers at the limit of resistance.
    Japan vs Germany! technology vs experience, innovation vs tradition. 2 great teams and 2 great cars.



    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Great video and some great driving for sure. But, that GT-R looks like a street car and the cup car is a full race car...Am I missing something ?? That cup car has nothing on the GT-R. Confused....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,850
    Rep Points
    31,807.5
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Great video and some great driving for sure. But, that GT-R looks like a street car and the cup car is a full race car...Am I missing something ?? That cup car has nothing on the GT-R. Confused....
    Exactly what I was thinking making the GT-R look all the more impressive.

    The Cup Car clearly was getting it in braking but super impressed with the GT-R versus a very stout opponent on the road course there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly what I was thinking making the GT-R look all the more impressive.

    The Cup Car clearly was getting it in braking but super impressed with the GT-R versus a very stout opponent on the road course there.
    Would like to know more before I draw conclusions. Those cup cars don't have tons of power....they're momentum cars especially on that track. So you throw some slicks on a modded GT-R and the results are not all that out of the ordinary. Big difference that cup car can do that all day long whereas the GT-R could only do it with some big go fast upgrades...brakes being the first followed by cooling mods.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,850
    Rep Points
    31,807.5
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Would like to know more before I draw conclusions. Those cup cars don't have tons of power....they're momentum cars especially on that track. So you throw some slicks on a modded GT-R and the results are not all that out of the ordinary. Big difference that cup car can do that all day long whereas the GT-R could only do it with some big go fast upgrades...brakes being the first followed by cooling mods.
    The cup car is a ton lighter though with all top of the line components. Fairly good power to weight.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Its really clear the GT3C is the better balanced car with great cornering and amazing braking. But that GTR is jumping off turns and holding its own on the top end. Pulling in some cases... If the GTR is a street car modded to race then thats even more impresive
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,348
    Rep Points
    2,757.4
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The cup car is a ton lighter thought with all top of the line components. Fairly good power to weight.
    exactly....but that torque build from two turbos and AWD is what rockets that GTR out of the corners....the Cup car cannot compete with that. Even if they are set up restricted to 450hp, the torque is probably 100ft/lbs or more over the Cup car. As LZH stated, overall balanced the Cup car will do that all day long without even thinking...the GTR needs upgrades before it can go toe to toe in the braking/handling department.

    And is this a SuperCup or just a Cup car? SuperCups and RSRs put out 500+ in stock trim...uncorked they will pull deep in the 500, sometimes 600hp...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    GT-R is a "Club Track Edition". They are in different classes. The GT-R is in SP8T which is a turbo class, the GT3 is in SP7.

    #51 GT3 Cup finished 22nd. GTR Club Track Edition finished 99th.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,348
    Rep Points
    2,757.4
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Part 2 of Hubert Motorsport and the GTR....

    Click here to enlarge


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,850
    Rep Points
    31,807.5
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    GT-R is a "Club Track Edition". They are in different classes. The GT-R is in SP8T which is a turbo class, the GT3 is in SP7.

    #51 GT3 Cup finished 22nd. GTR Club Track Edition finished 99th.
    The lower the numbers the faster the class, correct?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •