Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Where is the best place to buy nitto Nt 0-5's? I just bought a new set of wheels and now need some 19 inch tires. My car is a street car only, driven during warm months only, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!
    you can always try online places, i actualy bought mine from ebay, but with the internet, a lot of actual tire/repair shops are willing to price match these days, and offer free mounting and balancing if you do buy through them.. something to look into

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    care to update us with a review?
    the r888's are the best tires i have ever driven on bar none. I have had rs3, pss, v12 evo, run flats, kuhmo xs, nt05, and some others im probably forgetting. They are fantastic. I drive in the rain all the time (screw you florida) and they are fine i have never had a scary moment in them. In the dry you will never use the full potential of these tires on the street. There isnt a corner except for on ramps that you can go around a corner fast enough to make them not hook. Keep in mind my car should make mid 400 Whp and i can punch it in 2nd and no spin what so ever and i dont even have a diff. Straight line traction is amazing as well and i can easily get 1.9 60's with a relatively easy 2nd gear auto launch and again no diff. The cons are things that are to be expected with grippy tires. They dont last long (however they lasted longer than my v12's and my pilot super sports and i think this is because they hook better allowing for less tire spin and therefore less wear its just a theory but we will see with this second set, they are a bit noisy humming, and they do need to warm up slightly to be to their full potential however i truly believe i have warmed them up on the street before but to be honest i wasnt exactly being "safe". Now the price i think it is very reasonable i am running 255s and 285s rear and i get get my tires for less than what i payed for the super sports. I think they are a bargain because there just isnt another tire that i have used that gets me this performance all around but still lasts a decent time but in saying that price how long is a good wear and the noise is all an opinion of mine. The noise only occurs on the highway with no music no ac and at a low rpm. Whats not an opinion though is that the grip is amazing. If you look at the big boys who use it like underground racing, ams/alpha on their gtrs you will see that this tire is truly incredible. 1550whp 3000lb car hooking is quite a feat lol.

i will probably write a review of the entire cars handling when i get my full suspension setup (ground control complete kit with camber plates and m3 rear conversion, m3 front conversion, lsd, some bushings change out) in the next month or so

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    With as much rain as we get in Portland, r888's wouldn't make much sense so I went with the Toyo Proxes T1's. Have 235/40x18 front and 265/35x18 rear on my 189 OEM 18's. Until I find a rim that I like better, I'm stuck... Wanted to run 275 rears, but with only 8.5" rim it was too much.

@WDBi , drops some pics out here. Would love to see that sexy ride...

Attachment 28966
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

good to know. if the humming isnt that bad, i should have gotten them.. but i was told its very intrusive

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    good to know. if the humming isnt that bad, i should have gotten them.. but i was told its very intrusive
    If you have exhaust. $#@! it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WDBi Click here to enlarge
    If you have exhaust. $#@! it
    but its valved, some days i dont want to hear anything besides my own thoughts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

My gf has never said anything. And my friend whos a big car guy rates it at a 2/10 on the annoyance. Honestly i dont notice it anymore

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    t1'svs r888s is no comparison.... r888s are far superior being an R compound and they are actually not that bad at all in the wet either... there biggest negative is the tread wear vs the price relationship... IMO r888s are the best street tire you can buy
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    t1'svs r888s is no comparison.... r888s are far superior being an R compound and they are actually not that bad at all in the wet either... there biggest negative is the tread wear vs the price relationship... IMO r888s are the best street tire you can buy
    exactly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

@WDBi,
    What's your rear offset? Do you think you could have put a set of 11's back there? (is strut clearance an issue?)
    I'm thinking of running 295 r888s and I'm shopping around for offsets.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I'd like to know if 295s can be fitted on an E92. My car has the eibach springs on it, so not much lower than stock sport suspension

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @WDBi ,
    What's your rear offset? Do you think you could have put a set of 11's back there? (is strut clearance an issue?)
    I'm thinking of running 295 r888s and I'm shopping around for offsets.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to know if 295s can be fitted on an E92. My car has the eibach springs on it, so not much lower than stock sport suspension
    ok so heres the thing i think a 295 can be fit in the rear i even think a 305 could potentially work. I am lowered now with -2 degrees of camber in the back with rolled fenders. The current wheels are 18x9.5 et35 rear 18x8.5 et33 front. I think a wider wheel one which extends to the strut and keeps the same fender clearance do a 10 maybe a 10.5 inch wide you would have to get a really high offset like a 43 or higher and put a 295 or 305 on it with rolled fenders. I think that can be done because i have a good amount of clearance to the strut im not sure how much is there but its enough to easily fit a 10.5 back there with a 295 possibly 305 with rolled fenders and perfect offset. Now in the front people run 18x9.5 et33 with 265's i think you could run a 275 upfront with the right camber and spacing. However i think i am going to get m3 front fenders and m3 front bumper and try to run 285 front 305 rear

hope that helps

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Where is the best place to buy nitto Nt 0-5's? I just bought a new set of wheels and now need some 19 inch tires. My car is a street car only, driven during warm months only, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!
    Don't know your local places, but discounttire.com has them pretty cheap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WDBi Click here to enlarge
    ok so heres the thing i think a 295 can be fit in the rear i even think a 305 could potentially work. I am lowered now with -2 degrees of camber in the back with rolled fenders. The current wheels are 18x9.5 et35 rear 18x8.5 et33 front. I think a wider wheel one which extends to the strut and keeps the same fender clearance do a 10 maybe a 10.5 inch wide you would have to get a really high offset like a 43 or higher and put a 295 or 305 on it with rolled fenders. I think that can be done because i have a good amount of clearance to the strut im not sure how much is there but its enough to easily fit a 10.5 back there with a 295 possibly 305 with rolled fenders and perfect offset. Now in the front people run 18x9.5 et33 with 265's i think you could run a 275 upfront with the right camber and spacing. However i think i am going to get m3 front fenders and m3 front bumper and try to run 285 front 305 rear

hope that helps
    TY. I think 305 R888s would help me with traction problems once the Stg3s go on. I bought my car with its current rims (some cheap flat-black 6-spoke Bremmers that go well with the look of the car). 19x9.5r and 275 PSSs with no rubbing, would need new rims though. I'm not sure of the offset or if I already have rolled fenders.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

ANybody try the new BFG g-force?

Or the Dunlop sport Maxx race?

Or Toyo Proxes R1R?

ALl of them look ineresting, other than the BFG price, LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Oh yeah, the r888 r1r t1r ps2 road/race tire debaaatttteeeee!
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

looking at 8.5 et 33 for 265s and 11 et 50 for 295s >:O e92 aggressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I had 295/30/18 on my e46 m3 pushing 650whp. Not a single issue. These tires stick like the gum you got stuck in your hair in kindergarten.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    I had 295/30/18 on my e46 m3 pushing 650whp. Not a single issue. These tires stick like the gum you got stuck in your hair in kindergarten.
    Sorry which tires are you referring to?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sorry which tires are you referring to?
    $#@!, sorry. Toyo R888

295/30 on 11 and 255/35 on 10

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

you can buy them from Ebay. They show up a listing from time to time. just keep checking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12