Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

COILOVERS HELP!!

Hi guys,, im looking to purchase a set of coilovers for my 2007 e90! I cant decide what to get, I would need some help on it..thxxx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

AST or JRZ

You're welcome.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i got the groundcontrol kit its pretty good, You also get endlinks,camber plates, m3 lower control arms(option) and your spring(eibach ers) rates of choice. Plus a lifetime warranty. The customer service is also great. JRZ has excellent dampers also. I would get a custom built kit over the usual kw v series ie dampers to match spring rates. Makes the ride alot smoother.
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It depends what your needs are and what price you're willing to justify to meet those needs.

How much adjustability do you want? If you don't see yourself changing heights or anything, save some money on a cup kit or spring/strut combo.

What is the weather like near you? Some sets aren't weather proof so salt in the winter will eat away at them over time.

What is your price point? KW's are warranted for life but their bargain brand of ST are basically the same components for about 75% of the cost of the name brand (don't think they carry the warranty though).

I've personally owned Bilsteins which were amazing, and some KW's now which are also great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TRES Click here to enlarge
    i got the groundcontrol kit its pretty good, You also get endlinks,camber plates, m3 lower control arms(option) and your spring(eibach ers) rates of choice. Plus a lifetime warranty. The customer service is also great. JRZ has excellent dampers also. I would get a custom built kit over the usual kw v series ie dampers to match spring rates. Makes the ride alot smoother.
    GC kit seems like a nice kit for the $
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is a good bargin
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    talk to @3W Distributing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jrz's are amazing but they are $3500 starting..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hello,

Based on your budget and if the vehicle is daily driver or ? We have several different options for you to choose from. Please let us know.

Thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thx for reply guys,my budget is to 1500 max i was looking at bc coilovers ..just havent decide it yet on what to get..i live in ny so theres all kind of weather haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And k drive it 3days a week sometimes once so..just trying to get a good poke as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer335 Click here to enlarge
    Thx for reply guys,my budget is to 1500 max i was looking at bc coilovers ..just havent decide it yet on what to get..i live in ny so theres all kind of weather haha

We are an authorized dealer for BC suspension and Wheels and sell tons of their coilover systems.They are very comparable to Kw V2's but at a much lower price. If you need any assistance please let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    We are an authorized dealer for BC suspension and Wheels and sell tons of their coilover systems.They are very comparable to Kw V2's but at a much lower price. If you need any assistance please let me know.
    You think they're comparable to KW's? Really?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    You think they're comparable to KW's? Really?
    In options yes. Obviously you do get what you pay for but for street applications the bc's will hold their own just fine against the Kw.

With a properly setup bc suspension the car will feel 100x better than stock.

Have you ever rode in a car equipped a Jrz suspension? They make kw feel horrible... So like I said you do get what you pay for but since the Op is on a budget the Bc or Kw V2 will fit the bill just fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you Andrew, but like I said my budget is max 1500 on coils so I will just have to make a decision on that..i heard that bc coils are pretty good and ride smooth so haven't heard any complains about it yet..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hello,

We know you will love the BC coils for sure... =)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer335 Click here to enlarge
    I agree with you Andrew, but like I said my budget is max 1500 on coils so I will just have to make a decision on that..i heard that bc coils are pretty good and ride smooth so haven't heard any complains about it yet..
    Thats what I was saying... Get the best suspension you can afford which happens to be the BC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BC Coils it isssClick here to enlarge)) thanksssss guys

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok so which one of you sells the BC's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey bimmer 335, did you get the BCs? What do you think? I am in the market for coilovers, no one here mention ohlins.... I read a great review on another forum. I have a daily driver and lots of city road. Cant slam it to the ground so need to know clearance remains. Thoughts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was gonna recommend koni yellow shocks/swift spring coilover conversion. Can get spring rates/heights tailored to your liking. It doesnt drop all that low so you can maintain ground clearance and still have a sporty ride. I think they start around $13-1400 and go up from there.

I would choose JRZs after that, but a basic setup complete runs like $4500 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Thats what I was saying... Get the best suspension you can afford which happens to be the BC.
    Hey there Andrew,

Im glad to see someone on the forums representing BC Racing coilovers. My friends have been running them on Evos/STIs for a long time with no issue and i feel they ride amazing.

Ill probably be picking up a set from a local shop for a great price, but if you can beat it, id much rather support one of my favorite tuners (AA). Please, PM me your best offer on BC Racing coilovers for an E92 (2007).

Thanks mate!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If you don't need height adjustment, try a Bilstein B12 prokit(B8 + eibach springs) or Koni + springs of your choice.
    If you MUST have height adjustment, try the Bilstein B14 PSS or the KW v1 (SpeedTech I believe is the same product although it differs in the body materials)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)