Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    But you're succeeding. Click here to enlarge)
    Succeeding in making you look foolish perhaps. Keep going, I can show you a me being a dick.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Succeeding in making you look foolish perhaps. Keep going, I can show you a me being a dick.
    Gawd don't let JRCart show his dick again...still haven't recovered from last time...you made that coke an feel so inadequate!
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

This statement looks to me like you are calling Weistec's product overpriced...You said Weistec product is "not a good value". If you are not calling it overpriced please explain comment above.
    Sure. Here's how I'm looking at it:

1. Weistec M157 Turbo upgrade kit, good for ~200hp? For $8500? $42.50/hp
    2. Weistec Tune - not sure of the price, but you said lower than RENNtech. Let's assume high-end of $2500? Yields maybe 50-60hp? That's $42-$50/hp.
    3. Weistec downpip/midpipe, good for maybe 20hp? At $4700? That's $235/hp.

Again, I think Weistec is a good company with quality products. But even within their own product line-up, the pipes cost more than 4x per HP compared to their other mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes, you certainly have made me look foolish. In fact, you've made your argument so well that:

1. I now accept that, in addition to the previously acknowledged quality, all Weistec products are of the greatest value possible, regardless of application context or personal values. In fact, I'm not only going to order the downpipes/midpipes, but also the turbo upgrade kit. The snails won't actually fit my car, so I guess I'll have them mounted on my wall. But with the kind of value they offer, they'll at least make me a better person for owning them. I'm even going to recommend them to my buddy. They'll look great mounted in the "frunk" of his Tesla.

2. I understand that it was moronic to evaluate a product price based on my own needs or desires. From now on, I'll ensure that any opinion I express is either a regurgitation of marketing material or based on your input. I don't want to ever look so foolish again. In fact, would you mind if I PM you with any future opinions before I post so that I can avoid such embarrassment in the future? I'd really appreciate it.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience my comments have caused you. I really don't want you show your "dick" side.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

0 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sure. Here's how I'm looking at it:

1. Weistec M157 Turbo upgrade kit, good for ~200hp? For $8500? $42.50/hp
    2. Weistec Tune - not sure of the price, but you said lower than RENNtech. Let's assume high-end of $2500? Yields maybe 50-60hp? That's $42-$50/hp.
    3. Weistec downpip/midpipe, good for maybe 20hp? At $4700? That's $235/hp.

Again, I think Weistec is a good company with quality products. But even within their own product line-up, the pipes cost more than 4x per HP compared to their other mods.
    Once again your bright MBA having ass should realize the differences in overhead costs on a simple tune(no raw materials required) and raw material and labor costs on a stainless steel machined, bent, welded, copper and titanium coated down pipe????

YOU ARE A $#@!ING IDIOT MAN! GO TOUT YOUR SORRY MBA HOLDING CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU OBVIOULSY SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS WITH THAT DEGREE BECAUSE I CAN NOT SEE HOW A PERSON WITH YOUR MEAGER BRAIN POWER MADE IT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.

P.S....Lower your $#@!ing car and inch ot two, it looks ridiculous....or are you going to $#@! about the cost of springs too?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Once again your bright MBA having ass should realize the differences in overhead costs on a simple tune(no raw materials required) and raw material and labor costs on a stainless steel machined, bent, welded, copper and titanium coated down pipe????
    So....there are no raw material or labor costs in the turbo kits? Interesting. Did the Keebler elves leave them at Weistec's doorstep for free? Do you think I could go direct to them and get a discount? $8500 for garage-wall art is a little steep.

YOU ARE A $#@!ING IDIOT MAN! GO TOUT YOUR SORRY MBA HOLDING CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU OBVIOULSY SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS WITH THAT DEGREE BECAUSE I CAN NOT SEE HOW A PERSON WITH YOUR MEAGER BRAIN POWER MADE IT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.
    Yep, I'm an idiot. Thanks for telling me. I'm too stupid to have figured it out for myself. Good looking out, man.

P.S....Lower your $#@!ing car and inch ot two, it looks ridiculous....or are you going to $#@! about the cost of springs too?
    Absolutely, boss. I need to make sure you're happy, so I'll make that happen ASAP. Which kit would you prefer I use? Should I go with coil-overs? Since you're offering advice, what wheels should I put on my car? I'm assuming the ones I have aren't up to your standards and will need to be replaced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Since you're offering advice, what wheels should I put on my car? I'm assuming the ones I have aren't up to your standards and will need to be replaced.
    Suprisingly enough the BMW CSL style wheels don't look too bad on your car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is simply not true either....look up the word AMORTIZATION. Surely the guy with the MBA knows this word. Comparing the aftermarket for a Camaro or Mustang and an AMG is like comparing sunlight to moonlight, they build hundreds of thousands of Mustangs compared to thousands or tens of thousands of AMGs. Furthermore the market of AMG customers that are going to "tune" their cars is even smaller yet. R&D costs get amortized over a production life of a product. A company making headers for a Mustang might be able to amortize their R&D and tooling/fixturing costs over say 10,000 sets of headers as where a company building headers for an AMG has to amortize those same expenses over just 1,000 sets(if that)of headers.

It is rather alarming how little some of you guys know about this stuff but you are all so quick to chime in and be experts.
    Com'on, do you mean making the DP cost them lets say $100k and they want to cover it with that price?
    I don't think they are new in the market and they don't know how to do the right job from the first time, it is only a DP not rocket sicence.
    Same stock turbo modifications for the Porsche will cost you around $5000, but for the Mercedes it will cost $8000, can some one tell me why?

I know their products are one of the best, but i can't beleive in your theory.

Also while you talking economicaly, if you sell more parts you will make more money, with high price how many customer will jump and buy it with that price?

This is my point of view maybe im wrong or maybe i'm right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT2 Click here to enlarge
    ... it is only a DP not rocket sicence.
    WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! It's absolutely rocket science, man! There are thousands and thousands of hours spent by rocket science PhDs to design this technological innovation that had never been done before. I even heard Stephen Hawking, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Bill Nye were called in on this one, and they ain't cheap.

Same stock turbo modifications for the Porsche will cost you around $5000, but for the Mercedes it will cost $8000, can some one tell me why?
    It's Weistec, man! Don't question it, just hand over your wallet. And don't you ever dare to make price comparisons - they aren't allowed, even between Weistec products. See above and you'll understand.

I know their products are one of the best...
    Not one of....THE BEST!

Also while you talking economicaly, if you sell more parts you will make more money, with high price how many customer will jump and buy it with that price?
    Economics is a bunch of mumbo jumbo and do not apply to Weistec products.

This is my point of view maybe im wrong or maybe i'm right.
    Definitely wrong. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! It's absolutely rocket science, man! There are thousands and thousands of hours spent by rocket science PhDs to design this technological innovation that had never been done before. I even heard Stephen Hawking, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Bill Nye were called in on this one, and they ain't cheap.

It's Weistec, man! Don't question it, just hand over your wallet. And don't you ever dare to make price comparisons - they aren't allowed, even between Weistec products. See above and you'll understand.

Not one of....THE BEST!

Nice sense of humor my friend. I could buy you a beerClick here to enlarge

PS: before special people rep me, I do think Weistec is the LEAD animal in this game. However, you pay to be the animals lunch, LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Not one of....THE BEST!

Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded.
    • Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes From the Underground (1864)
    Sarcasm and compassion are two of the qualities that make life on earth tolerable.
    Nick Hornby, Songbook (2003)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

My quote is older Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Oh, so you're an age-ist, eh? I can decide which response I like better, so I'll let you choose.

1. "Why I oughta..." - Moe Howard
    2. "I'm a victim of soicumstance" - Curly Howard

Everyone, vote for your favorite Stooge! (of the two)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Anyone know what Titanium coating is and what it does or costs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know what Titanium coating is and what it does or costs?
    From Wikipedia:

"Paint made with titanium dioxide does well in severe temperatures, and stands up to marine environments."

"The two most useful properties of the metal form are corrosion resistance and the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal."

"Due to their high tensile strength to density ratio,high corrosion resistance,fatigue resistance, high crack resistance, and ability to withstand moderately high temperatures without creeping, titanium alloys are used in aircraft, armor plating, naval ships, spacecraft, and missiles. For these applications titanium alloyed with aluminium, vanadium, and other elements is used for a variety of components including critical structural parts, fire walls, landing gear, exhaust ducts (helicopters), and hydraulic systems. In fact, about two thirds of all titanium metal produced is used in aircraft engines and frames."

"Titanium metal is used in automotive applications, particularly in automobile or motorcycle racing, where weight reduction is critical while maintaining high strength and rigidity."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My friend I have found that the older the writing, the less crediable it is.

Imagine if the Kings writer during the middle ages would have written:

" The king was a harsh man, the king was a cruel" oops, off with his head, LOL

History is written by the winners and is VERY biased, IMHO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The craftsmanship is bar none on these parts. From a complete CNC machined steel mating flange on the down pipe to Laser cut and TIG welded brackets we really did not compromise the quality at all. This might not be enough to justify costs for some, but to get this kind of quality on a car where there is maybe 1.5cm of space between the factory exhaust and the chassis is crucial. Anything else will rub on the chassis and ruin the luxury these types of cars provide. we are talking fractions of a mm in some cases.

Not to mention the fact that the parts we sell are not much more expensive then our competitors yet our exhaust system actually replaces down pipes.

Replacing the exhaust does not require you to remove the engine. Just FYI as well. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You Merc guys whine like a bunch of $#@!es Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Really? I don't have experience with the German luxury aftermarket? Interesting. Do you know me personally? How have you come to this conclusion?
    So your Mercedes tuning company is called what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

In my opinion you are paying the TAX of owning a Mercedes Benz, thatís it.
    Look for any US car for example the new generation Camaro, it is a new design but the aftermarket parts for it not expensive, like the exhaust, catback and the headers.
    You paid 100K for your Mercedes so you are willing to pay $5000 for 2 small pieces of pipes.
    Comparisons to domestic tuning prices are quite simply idiotic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

So rather than making insults, how about you tell me why the pipe combo IS worth $5K?
    Didn't I already do that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    The craftsmanship is bar none on these parts. From a complete CNC machined steel mating flange on the down pipe to Laser cut and TIG welded brackets we really did not compromise the quality at all. This might not be enough to justify costs for some, but to get this kind of quality on a car where there is maybe 1.5cm of space between the factory exhaust and the chassis is crucial. Anything else will rub on the chassis and ruin the luxury these types of cars provide. we are talking fractions of a mm in some cases.

Not to mention the fact that the parts we sell are not much more expensive then our competitors yet our exhaust system actually replaces down pipes.

Replacing the exhaust does not require you to remove the engine. Just FYI as well. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
    There you go guys.

I also would like to point there is no alternative to this design and I doubt if there will be. It took some serious time to get this done...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I can't seem to get anyone to notice, but I've repeatedly said I believe your product to be of the highest quality, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, no one would ever actually see it on my car.

Understood, and if downpipes never come down in price, I'll just leave the stock pipes in place. Again, to me (IMHO), it's just not worth $5k for 15-20hp. There are lots of people who will pay any price for gains, I'm just not one of them. And yes, I know that after a certain point the downpipes can become the limiting factor on performance gains. But since I'm not chasing big horsepower, I don't think it will be an issue for me.

Weistec Engineering
    Thanks for chiming in and for the info. BTW, I spoke with one of your guys the other day - he was very professional and a pleasure to talk to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So your Mercedes tuning company is called what?
    As previously stated:

I've been wrenching on my own cars (of various nationalities) for over 17 years.
    So I guess that makes "ME" my tuner.

BEFORE YOU ALL GO INTO "FLAME MODE," please consider the following:

Working on my cars is a hobby for me. It's how I relieve the stress of the week, and I get a lot of satisfaction from working with my hands. I'm not competing with anyone and I'm not trying to have the lowest, fastest, most powerful, most expensive, or most beautiful vehicles in the world or this forum. I don't race anywhere or anyone, though I will occasionally do a Hyperdrive or Test 'N Tune for fun and to prove to myself that I have been successful in improving the car; and I don't put my cars on display or in car shows. I've never had trailer- or track-queens; these cars are my daily drivers. As such, I take on upgrades I can complete in an evening, a day, or a weekend, and that won't have significant adverse effects on reliability.

I do not consider myself to be better than any professional tuner, and I have a great respect for those that can squeeze every ounce of potential from a motor, transmission, chassis, etc. I'm not in competition with any of them. I just don't get any satisfaction from paying someone else to work on my cars. As a result, I know I will never have the fastest, most powerful, or best looking car. I'm good with that.

I participate in forums such as this so that I can learn from other people's experiences and make better-informed decisions on the work I want to do. Occasionally, I share an experience. Even more rarely, an opinion. But it's just that - an opinion, based on my own interests, priorities, goals, and values. Some people have found my opinions useful or interesting, others not. No biggie either way.

*Disclaimer - the following is just an opinion.

The value of these forums is not just in the sharing of experiences, but of different points-of-view and opinions. Otherwise, what's the point? I don't know about anyone else, but it's kind of boring if everyone just sits around agreeing with each other. Personally, I love intelligent disagreement and discourse; even more so when it exposes ideas or options I've never considered.

Ridiculing, insulting, or discrediting another user's posts discourages participation, and not just from the one that was attacked. Eventually, you drive away all dissenting opinions and are left with just another useless tool.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast