Close

Thread: Tuning mods??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Tuning mods??

Just curious, what are the most common first performance mods for these C63's? I'm sure ecu tuning is very common, who do you use? anybody have custom dyno tunes done? I plan on headers, but at 3K and up, it might be a little bit before doing that one. What drag radials are proven to work well on the stock rear rims. I don't see many Intake mods talked about, and the factory setup looks pretty damn efficient to boot? We all want a supercharger, but that may be a while as well. I want my car to remain street friendly, but plainly capable of going quicker. Besides engine mods, I might install a Wave-trac diff. and a set of drag radials right off the bat, so I won't run a super embarrassing time at the strip. BTW, the car is a 2012 that is stock and without the limited slip option, bummer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Weistec is your friend. One stop shop for anything and everything AMG related.

http://www.weistec.com/

they are not cheap so if you are on a budget you might also give the guys at Eurocharged a call. Both sponsors here and both highly reputable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Do this and you will be happy:

1- Get a set of American Racing Headers and down pipes for your C63. You can get help from Eurocharged with this. Cost ~$1900.
    2- Get a NA tune matching with your headers from Weistec. They have the BEST tuning for the M156 and with thier tuning you will put down excellent whp. Cost ~$1000
    3- Switch to Euro airboxes and get either Weistec filters or AFE pro dry S filters. Stay away from filters that contain oil like K&N that can harm your MAF sensors. Cost ~300-400$ for the euro boxes , 100-200$ for the filters.

your looking at about $3500-3700 dollars for the products. Add about 700-800$ worth of labor. So around $4500 total.

For your naturally aspirated upgrade. I think what I have given you above works excellent. Your C63 HP rating will be above 600hp
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thank you for the input, I might have to address traction first though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Feel like I already saw this.

You need a tune, you need headers, then you need to save up for an SC.