Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: Renntech first to crack the 700 wheel horsepower barrier with the M157 V8 (63 AMG bi-turbo) motor on pump gas - 725 wheel horsepower CLS63 AMG on 93 octane

              
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Renntech first to crack the 700 wheel horsepower barrier with the M157 V8 (63 AMG bi-turbo) motor on pump gas - 725 wheel horsepower CLS63 AMG on 93 octane

    Wow, it is getting difficult to keep up with all the records and milestones on the M157 5.5 liter (63 AMG bi-turbo) V8 as tuners compete for supremacy Renntech was able to set a new milestone by pushing the motor over 700 wheel horsepower on pump gas. There are other tuners in the 700's but they are currently all on race fuel 100+ octane. Renntech was able to do 725 wheel horsepower on a dynojet in STD correction on standard 93 octane pump fuel.

    This was done on a non-Performance Package CLS63 AMG. Renntech's M157 horsepower record previously stood at 691 wheel horsepower also on pump gas. So what changed? Renntech developed a new airbox which clearly is showing dividends.

    The rest of the modifications include the Renntech intercooler upgrade, ugpraded turbos, transmission upgrades, downpipes, filters, and new plugs. Dynojet dyno graph below, congrats to Renntech.

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #ADS

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,905
    Rep Points
    1,809.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The S63 in the m5 stands no chance with stock turbos. This type of horsepower is insane with nothing but simple bolt ons. The M157 has to be one of the nicest engines around at the moment, if not the best in its own category. Unbelievable!
    John 3:16


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The S63 in the m5 stands no chance with stock turbos. This type of horsepower is insane with nothing but simple bolt ons. The M157 has to be one of the nicest engines around at the moment, if not the best in its own category. Unbelievable!
    This is with upgraded turbos though on stock turbos the M5 has at least a decent shot but seems the M157 just has more room stock for stock at this point.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    757
    Rep Points
    855.7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    AMG is where its at in 2012-2013
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AMG is where its at in 2012-2013
    BMW is where it's at in 2005.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    668.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The S63 in the m5 stands no chance with stock turbos. This type of horsepower is insane with nothing but simple bolt ons. The M157 has to be one of the nicest engines around at the moment, if not the best in its own category. Unbelievable!
    Indeed for the AMG M157. The BMW S63B44tu has great potential, just as the same to an Audi/Bentley 4.0TFSI Plus 520bhp/650Nm (rumors are that engine reaching 670bhp/800Nm on a tune =) BMW M just needs to let some of their more creative engineers to create a more spiced up S63tu & send them to the track.
    RENNtech iNC.
    1ST MB AMG McLaren into 9's 1/4mile since 2011
    WORLDS FASTEST SLR M155 5.4L
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG65's M275/M278/M279 v12 6.0L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG63's M157 v8 5.5L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST BMW X5/6M 4.4L Tune only

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8
    Rep Points
    14.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn.... Now throw that package on the new E63 4Matic. 9 sec pass?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KEMA Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn.... Now throw that package on the new E63 4Matic. 9 sec pass?
    Too heavy for that. Low 10's though? Ya.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    668.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too heavy for that. Low 10's though? Ya.
    For a street legal, full interior trim & emission legal E63 4matic. It's all in how much you want to spend; the Torque&Power to weight ratio & what things break/fix first. A 9's it's VERY possible. Unlike trying to make a powered street legal & emission legal M156 going 9's for years!
    RENNtech iNC.
    1ST MB AMG McLaren into 9's 1/4mile since 2011
    WORLDS FASTEST SLR M155 5.4L
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG65's M275/M278/M279 v12 6.0L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG63's M157 v8 5.5L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST BMW X5/6M 4.4L Tune only

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a street legal, full interior trim & emission legal E63 4matic. It's all in how much you want to spend; the Torque&Power to weight ratio & what things break/fix first. A 9's it's VERY possible. Unlike trying to make a powered street legal & emission legal M156 going 9's for years!
    Well it's certainly possible with the motor but we're not talking on 93 octane.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    668.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it's certainly possible with the motor but we're not talking on 93 octane.
    Well, I haven't seen other tuners M156/M157 on +AKI100 + boost + Click here to enlarge do 9's yet. Maybe RT will accomplish this with 93octane on a M157 =)
    RENNtech iNC.
    1ST MB AMG McLaren into 9's 1/4mile since 2011
    WORLDS FASTEST SLR M155 5.4L
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG65's M275/M278/M279 v12 6.0L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG63's M157 v8 5.5L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST BMW X5/6M 4.4L Tune only

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe RT will accomplish this with 93octane on a M157 =)
    That would be incredible.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    668.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be incredible.
    Will put BenzBoost.com sticker on the 1st future AMG63 M157 into the 9's as well when it happens.
    RENNtech iNC.
    1ST MB AMG McLaren into 9's 1/4mile since 2011
    WORLDS FASTEST SLR M155 5.4L
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG65's M275/M278/M279 v12 6.0L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG63's M157 v8 5.5L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST BMW X5/6M 4.4L Tune only

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will put BenzBoost.com sticker on the 1st future AMG63 M157 into the 9's as well when it happens.
    I'd push it into the staging lanes if it helped in that case.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    751
    Rep Points
    373.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lenny call me when u can ok.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    BMW is like 10 years behind in tech. The v12 biturbos from 2003 are better engines than these new 2012 4.4 overboosted pieces of crap in the M5's

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    OMG That is sooo attractive Click here to enlarge

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    938
    Rep Points
    2,138.7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Talk about a raised stock curve. Jesus!

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    668.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gondon Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BMW is like 10 years behind in tech. The v12 biturbos from 2003 are better engines than these new 2012 4.4 overboosted pieces of crap in the M5's
    Well, I disagree about the AMG V12's M275/M278/M279 SOHC being technologically & efficiency better compared to the modern BMW DOHC CGI V8's. The AMG M120 7.4L V12 DOHC it's better compared to current V12's biturbos, if they revised it to CGI BlueDirect, add turbos & add a step less camshaft phasing. But, they won't.

    On the otherhand, BMW/RR V12's 6.0 it's a beast to be unleashed...it's "SO DETUNED"
    RENNtech iNC.
    1ST MB AMG McLaren into 9's 1/4mile since 2011
    WORLDS FASTEST SLR M155 5.4L
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG65's M275/M278/M279 v12 6.0L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG63's M157 v8 5.5L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST BMW X5/6M 4.4L Tune only

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,287
    Rep Points
    654.4
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a street legal, full interior trim & emission legal E63 4matic. It's all in how much you want to spend; the Torque&Power to weight ratio & what things break/fix first. A 9's it's VERY possible. Unlike trying to make a powered street legal & emission legal M156 going 9's for years!
    I guess one could always cheat and use n2o to run a 9 sec pass.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    668.1
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess one could always cheat and use n2o to run a 9 sec pass.
    I'm sure they can. But, have anyone done 9's with N2o yet with a AMG63?
    RENNtech iNC.
    1ST MB AMG McLaren into 9's 1/4mile since 2011
    WORLDS FASTEST SLR M155 5.4L
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG65's M275/M278/M279 v12 6.0L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST AMG63's M157 v8 5.5L Biturbo
    WORLDS FASTEST BMW X5/6M 4.4L Tune only

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    620
    Rep Points
    652.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure they can. But, have anyone done 9's with N2o yet with a AMG63?
    Not a 9'second pass but basically 9 second pass .. Ecambell ran a 10.01 and has the mb/amg trap speed record at 144mph and that was all boost no nitrous i believe they are 100whp up from thentime they did that run so im sure well see a 9 sec run soon no nitrous from either him or Jrcart. Plus we saw at no fly zone what a basic non built trans stage 3 bs did to the turbo upgraded e63 im sure the big dog clk's would spank it for now will be interesting to see .. Hows the MCT trans behaving with all this ridiculous torque?? Was it necessary to build the trans? I dont believe weistec upgraded it on their e63

  24. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    601
    Rep Points
    622.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure they can. But, have anyone done 9's with N2o yet with a AMG63?
    In a word NO

  25. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gondon Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BMW is like 10 years behind in tech. The v12 biturbos from 2003 are better engines than these new 2012 4.4 overboosted pieces of crap in the M5's
    That's not true whatsoever the S63TU is a much, much more advanced motor than the Benz V12's. They only make power due to the big torque from 12 cylinder and big displacement. They have junk manifolds with relatively small turbos. The heads suck, the valvetrain sucks, they aren't all that reliable, the cams sucks, they aren't technology advanced, etc.

  26. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    98,965
    Rep Points
    23,625.1
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    237


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess one could always cheat and use n2o to run a 9 sec pass.
    You should already be deep into the 9's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •