Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks ezec63 for your input. Is the CLK time slip available for the Ecampbell run? His car CLK 60ft time must have an incredible response for a 1st gen 7G-tronic w/o power boosting the supercharger, just as good as DadsC63 MHP NOS C63.

There's many cars that should have been a 9's with that trap speed, but I wish him best in accomplishing consistent 9's or better in an AMG M156 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the response ! Glad you didnt take the response the wrong way i was just pointing out some facts. Is the 7G that bad when it comes to launching ? How about the 2012+ C63 MCT ? I have a 2012 c63 coupe and have been thinking about either throwing a shot of nitrous on it or going the weistec route .. I would really appreciate your opinion on the MCT transmission on the c63 coupe is it strong? up to what power levels? how do you rate it overall?

Even with a S/C or n20 i wont be seeing anywhere near the torque you guys are seeing with the m157 upgraded turbos ! was it necessary to upgrade the mct or was it done as more of a precaution and to "finish the package"

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the response ! Glad you didnt take the response the wrong way i was just pointing out some facts. Is the 7G that bad when it comes to launching ? How about the 2012+ C63 MCT ? I have a 2012 c63 coupe and have been thinking about either throwing a shot of nitrous on it or going the weistec route .. I would really appreciate your opinion on the MCT transmission on the c63 coupe is it strong? up to what power levels? how do you rate it overall?

Even with a S/C or n20 i wont be seeing anywhere near the torque you guys are seeing with the m157 upgraded turbos ! was it necessary to upgrade the mct or was it done as more of a precaution and to "finish the package"

Thanks
    I'm all for it! The MB or AMG 7g-tronic it's set out by mfg. to meet certain engine Nm specs & load applications (which has some extra Nm room, but not an overkill spec). The increased larger than normal engine output specs (lets say >30%), it will result a powertrain trans. deviation intended lifecycle, slipping & driveability issue. Upgrading the same way AMG for either a V8 NA, V8 biturbo and/or V12 transmission unit it's the logical choice.

It's the same as to make the output of a Pagani V12 biturbo ( aprox. max 1300Nm) into a V8 Na (aprox. max 750Nm) MCT transmission. You would expect something not nice to happen. At RT, those who chose to upgrade their cars... I am sure some would want to enjoy their upgraded AMG to the fullest rather park it in a garage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    PM me with your email address and I will give you the details.
    Ecampbell thanks for your CLK63bs incredible 60' info. Here's this past weekend PBIR track rental run of the RT CLS63 biturbo, did not have the best 60' (1.8's) run due to traction.. but it will definetely be a possible low 10.2. Similar to the RT CL65 record run trap speed @ 137mph

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All my respect to Renntech, btw is it true that RENNTECH stands for:
    R- Real
    E- Engineers
    N- No / Not
    N- Noobs
    ??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ow and btw, Renntech x5m isnt the fastest tune only x5/6M, PP-Performance got an 11.5 TUNE ONLY Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhanemMBN Click here to enlarge
    Ow and btw, Renntech x5m isnt the fastest tune only x5/6M, PP-Performance got an 11.5 TUNE ONLY Click here to enlarge
    Oh yay, another Middle-Eastern poster pushing this same PP-P X5M on us.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhanemMBN Click here to enlarge
    Hey GhanemMBN =) If JPelka achieved a 1/4 11.5sec pass tune only please post the video or slips so they can be front page at Bimmerboost. I am glad someone else can accomplish this on tune only. Since, I had limited time to test the E70/71 X-Series M S63b44 & I am sure this engine it's much more capable.

Anyway, here's a video filmed by the great crew of RoadTestTV of RENNtech CLS63 doing some passes w/horrible 60' times & not so nice humid Florida weather, unlike some other northern USA track climates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow!

137 is amazing. Easy low 10's with a better 60'. Great job RENNtech.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Wow!

137 is amazing. Easy low 10's with a better 60'. Great job RENNtech.
    Sure is. These cars are going to hit the 9's in record time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sure is. These cars are going to hit the 9's in record time.

Working on new engine w/different internals, +cc & camshaft, larger GTX3# turbos, beefier transmission components, software (possible antilag boost target engaged before LC), etc. For power, we could do more with race AKI fuel, but not something we would we do for street use other than test limits Click here to enlarge

Will update you on the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Working on new engine w/different internals, +cc & camshaft, larger GTX3# turbos, beefier transmission components, software (possible antilag boost target engaged before LC), etc. For power, we could do more, but not something we would we do for street use other than test limits Click here to enlarge

Will update you on the future.
    Please get some picture... this would make an amazing teaser. Pretty please? @m54b25

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123