Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Nice, I should get rapped by a 460whp 335i being that I made 420-430 at best.
    I had a thought that you were going to add some boost to your 'stang...am I thinking of someone else or was that you?? Wondering if you're still moving in that direction with your Mustang.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The black series premium is a factor due to the stronger engine internals.
    You can get a regular C63 with the same internals. Doesn't have to be a black series. And IIRC Jim was running the bigger blower on his CLK which doesn't have the stronger internals before he built the motor and it held up fine. I remember him saying that when they tore the engine down the internals looked almost brand new.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Run whatever tune you think is faster. I will be on pump 93 octance full weight. Just like I was when I ran at the track.
    Can I come! I'm going to put my bimmer in the sport mode.. it rips on sport mode! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man, why do all the races happen on the East Coast of Mexico? Nothing ever on the very southwest part of Mexico.
    John 3:16

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    I had a thought that you were going to add some boost to your 'stang...am I thinking of someone else or was that you?? Wondering if you're still moving in that direction with your Mustang.
    It's coming. But for now the car traps 120 with basic mods and runs mid 11s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's coming. But for now the car traps 120 with basic mods and runs mid 11s
    That's really moving for basic bolt ons (no doubt mostly due to the DCT in your 'stang). I don't think I've seen you on any of the Mustang/SVT boards that I frequent; hope you post an update over here once you get SC'd.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol dct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol dct?
    $#@!! thats how you kept up with me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    That's really moving for basic bolt ons (no doubt mostly due to the DCT in your 'stang).
    Don't remember seeing that in the Mustang brochure?? Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was a joke guys...surely we haven't forgotten about the lively DCT transmission discussions already have we? I hope my sarcasm wasn't lost on anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    You can get a regular C63 with the same internals. Doesn't have to be a black series. And IIRC Jim was running the bigger blower on his CLK which doesn't have the stronger internals before he built the motor and it held up fine. I remember him saying that when they tore the engine down the internals looked almost brand new.
    The P31 option is mentioned but it is important to note the internals with the Black Series are standard, that's huge.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    P31 internals or not, you can make the advertised power. There is a recent post in the M156/M159 section with a Weistec Stage 3 SL63 making 670+ at the wheels. That's no forged internals.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram
    Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    P31 internals or not, you can make the advertised power. There is a recent post in the M156/M159 section with a Weistec Stage 3 SL63 making 670+ at the wheels. That's no forged internals.

Weistec Engineering
    Absolutely the Stage III setup will make the advertised power on either internals. Just want to point out the different stronger internals are a big factor especially with longevity or if one would consider turning the boost up further with race gas. One would likely rather do that on a Black Series or P31 car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely the Stage III setup will make the advertised power on either internals. Just want to point out the different stronger internals are a big factor especially with longevity or if one would consider turning the boost up further with race gas. One would likely rather do that on a Black Series or P31 car.
    I don't think the forged internals are anything more than marketing. I haven't seen any non P31 M156's have the rotating assembly let go and there are lots out there with high mileage - so longevity is a non issue. Under mild boost it might be a different story, and I'd agree running big boost you'd be better off with a forged bottom end. I drove a P31 C63 and it didn't even rev any faster than a non P31. So for the average buyer who will never run a supercharger, I don't see the advantage at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The only real difference is the piston. The P31 piston is stronger and lighter, however the problem is never the piston breaking from a point of weak material in the non-P31. The ring gap is very tight and you get binding if you start increasing boost and making big power. It binds to the point that it almost digs into the bore and it rips the ring lands off the piston. P31 or not you will have this issue.

The rods are identical. The crankshaft on the P31 is 5.5 lbs lighter as well.
    Click here to enlarge
    Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram
    Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I don't think the forged internals are anything more than marketing. I haven't seen any non P31 M156's have the rotating assembly let go and there are lots out there with high mileage - so longevity is a non issue. Under mild boost it might be a different story, and I'd agree running big boost you'd be better off with a forged bottom end. I drove a P31 C63 and it didn't even rev any faster than a non P31. So for the average buyer who will never run a supercharger, I don't see the advantage at all.
    I don't really see how stronger internals are marketing, it's a major physical difference. It's always better to have stronger than weaker especially when going well past 700 horses.

I think the average buyer won't tune period anyway. But... for people like us it's nice to have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    The only real difference is the piston. The P31 piston is stronger and lighter, however the problem is never the piston breaking from a point of weak material in the non-P31. The ring gap is very tight and you get binding if you start increasing boost and making big power. It binds to the point that it almost digs into the bore and it rips the ring lands off the piston. P31 or not you will have this issue.

The rods are identical. The crankshaft on the P31 is 5.5 lbs lighter as well.
    Thanks for clarifying. Completely forgot about the crank, nice bonus.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Race isn't happening Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a faster car, sorry, blah blah blah.
    Yeah. I know it is, but I feel better knowing he got into it before the cone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah. I know it is, but I feel better knowing he got into it before the cone.
    He whatever anyone needs to tell themselves. Hopefully a rematch can take place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335toZ06 Click here to enlarge
    Race isn't happening Click here to enlarge
    Guessing this is you Bodnar? Yea, Morristown BMW decided not to give me car back when it went in for the battery cable recall service

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't really see how stronger internals are marketing, it's a major physical difference. It's always better to have stronger than weaker especially when going well past 700 horses.

I think the average buyer won't tune period anyway. But... for people like us it's nice to have.
    I guess in my mind, they market it in a way that leads you to believe that it's necessary to have forged pistons and crank for the added hp from the hotter factory tune - which we know is not the case. It's proven you can run a $#@!load more power with a blower in the non P31 motor and it holds together fine. So IMO it's a waste of money when you can get a better aftermarket tune that makes more power.
    The only thing I like about the PP is the limited slip. Other than that, I don't feel it's worth it. But then again my friends call me the cheapest rich guy they've ever met lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Guessing this is you Bodnar? Yea, Morristown BMW decided not to give me car back when it went in for the battery cable recall service
    Yes. Just request Chris P to work on your car. He had a modded 335i when they first came out and knows a lot about 335i. That's who I had double check over my 335i when I owned it on the side after hours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335toZ06 Click here to enlarge
    Yes. Just request Chris P to work on your car. He had a modded 335i when they first came out and knows a lot about 335i. That's who I had double check over my 335i when I owned it on the side after hours.
    Click here to enlarge Good to know since I'm actually still on the BMW Maintenance Package. Luckily Morristown BMW has never complained or given me any trouble about my car (I always uninstall the tune beforehand).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Good to know since I'm actually still on the BMW Maintenance Package. Luckily Morristown BMW has never complained or given me any trouble about my car (I always uninstall the tune beforehand).
    Yep. If you want his number let me know or text me before you bring it in and I'll let him know and he wouldn't say anything about a tune or mod's etc. Or if you run out of warranty and need someone to do stuff on the side and after hours he charges way less.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast