Close

Thread: Weistec are the real record holders

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Weistec are the real record holders

It is being discussed on mbworld. Well, all this time the NA record and the nitrous records set by MHP's Dodger63 and Kieth belong to Weistec's ECU tuning. I really don't understand how they remained silent. I specifically called MHP two months back and he told me that he gets his ECU work from his partners in Europe. He was actually talking negative about Weistec. And now we find out he is getting his customers ECM's tuned by them. That guy is strange.
    Last edited by Fast Lane; 04-15-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is being discussed on mbworld. Well, all this time the NA record and the nitrous records set by MHP's Dodger63 and Kieth belong to Weistec's ECU tuning. I really don't understand how they remained silent. I specifically called MHP two months back and he told me that he gets his ECU work from his partners in Europe. He was actually talking negative about Weistec. And now we find out he is getting his customers ECM's tuned by them. That guy is strange.
    You sure about this????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I thought he was using the TecTech

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    He did for awhile, until TecTech shut him downClick here to enlarge

That was a whole nother story my friend, LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Last time I spoke with Andy over a year ago he told me that Steve from Weistec was doing all his ECU tunes. There was a dybo vid posted here awhile ago of an MHP car doing dyno pulls...Steve was in the drivers seat doing the runs&tuning lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Very interesting.

In light of everything that has transpired on this forum and MBWorld, Weistec is doing business with MHP?

Or, perhaps not any more?

Did Weistec have an agreement with MHP that they would tune the ECUs and allow MHP to call it an 'MHP' tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Anything is possible if there is a big enough dollar amount attached I suppose. I'm not the only member here who knew that was what was going on between Andy&Weistec. I was informed a few days after he was kicked off this forum&asked to keep it on the downlow... At least we all know that Andy's tunes were good if Weistec was doing them Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Anything is possible if there is a big enough dollar amount attached I suppose. I'm not the only member here who knew that was what was going on between Andy&Weistec. I was informed a few days after he was kicked off this forum&asked to keep it on the downlow... At least we all know that Andy's tunes were good if Weistec was doing them Click here to enlarge
    True!
    A mutually beneficial relationship between the two parties was certainly discussed on other forums quite some time ago. The only new information is that it has been confirmed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    True!
    A mutually beneficial relationship between the two parties was certainly discussed on other forums quite some time ago. The only new information is that it has been confirmed.
    I am not so sure I would describe it as mutually beneficial, pretty clear it benefitted MHP more than Weistec considering MHP got to live under the guise of having tuned the worlds fastest N/A and NOS car when in truth it was a Weistec custom tune all along. At least the truth is out there now. I can not see many people moving forward with MHP tunes after news of this spreads, why deal with a middle man or broker when you can go straight to the source?

If I were Weistec I would make a statement to clarify dates, details, etc. We all know Andy had some issues with some tunes in the mid east a while back, Weistec should clarify those were not thier tunes just so they do not have their name cast under any past negative light.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

According to each companies website they charge the following amount for a Stage 1 ECU tune for an M156

Weistec: $1190.00 *Plus a credit in that amount should you upgrade to one of their supercharges.
    http://www.weistec.com/m156nas1.html

MHP: $1395.00
    http://www.modernhorsepower.com/cgi-...63MHPM156V3CDT

So basically MHP is charging $205 more per tune than Weistec for the exact same product. I am going to go out on a limb and say Andy will not sell another M156 ECU tune, does that sound too far fetched?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by partlowr Click here to enlarge
    I am not so sure I would describe it as mutually beneficial, pretty clear it benefitted MHP more than Weistec considering MHP got to live under the guise of having tuned the worlds fastest N/A and NOS car when in truth it was a Weistec custom tune all along.
    I'm not disputing the fact that Weistec was the de facto 'owner' of those records.
    The fact remains that MHP were (at that time) selling many tunes because they had a reputation (good or bad - I'm not interested in that). Weistec was allegedly supplying those tunes so it was definitely a mutually beneficial relationship. MHP made money and Weistec made money from tunes sold under the guise of 'MHP tunes'.
    The question is if Weistec knew this was happening (I would imagine they did, but I don't know that for sure). It would therefore be clear that they had an agreement with MHP to provide their tuning (but not take the credit).

I should also make it clear that I have no problem with that. If Weistec were fine with that arrangement, great. And you know what? - it was actually great business acumen by Weistec to do that. MHP used to have robust sales of tunes and Weistec recognized that. Weistec took their slice of the pie too (and more power to them for doing that).

If I were Weistec I would make a statement to clarify dates, details, etc. We all know Andy had some issues with some tunes in the mid east a while back, Weistec should clarify those were not thier tunes just so they do not have their name cast under any past negative light.
    That would be a good idea; however, I fear discussing the dates and specific tunes involved may open up another can of worms. Regardless, I don't think Weistec's reputation is in any way compromised by all of this. They haven't done anything wrong. In fact, it shows how good their tunes are (if all the speculation about DadsC63 car is true)!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not disputing the fact that Weistec was the de facto 'owner' of those records.
    The fact remains that MHP were (at that time) selling many tunes because they had a reputation (good or bad - I'm not interested in that). Weistec was allegedly supplying those tunes so it was definitely a mutually beneficial relationship. MHP made money and Weistec made money from tunes sold under the guise of 'MHP tunes'.
    The question is if Weistec knew this was happening (I would imagine they did, but I don't know that for sure). It would therefore be clear that they had an agreement with MHP to provide their tuning (but not take the credit).

I should also make it clear that I have no problem with that. If Weistec were fine with that arrangement, great. And you know what? - it was actually great business acumen by Weistec to do that. MHP used to have robust sales of tunes and Weistec recognized that. Weistec took their slice of the pie too (and more power to them for doing that).

That would be a good idea; however, I fear discussing the dates and specific tunes involved may open up another can of worms. Regardless, I don't think Weistec's reputation is in any way compromised by all of this. They haven't done anything wrong. In fact, it shows how good their tunes are (if all the speculation about DadsC63 car is true)!
    I agree with you that in no way has Weistec's name been tarnished, if anything they come out of this looking better and with another M156 world record on their resume.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    did weistec make mhp sign an NDA? Click here to enlarge
    C63

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Probably,as did Andy when he sold the tunes..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Poor Andy, caught again up to his same old tricks LOL. This guy will never learn.
    I also heard recently that his headers are made by stainless works. And then I read somewhere that he recently told a customer who was waiting a long time for headers that his bending machine was broken LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    I wasn't going to say anything as I feel even attaching Weistec with MHP is negative due to how toxic MHP and Andrew Cluck have become. It is best to stay as far away as possible.

But, the reason they gave credit belonging to Weistec to Andy is because of their loyalty to MHP. I don't know if Andy has pictures of Keith/Dodger with a tranny hooker or what but it's a shame MHP can weasel sales out of people by using the records that MHP had nothing to do with the tuning.

So yes, Weistec got the tuning done on those cars because of the difficulties in tuning such as for aftermarket cams. Still, now that this is at least out in the open people know there is no reason to go MHP for anything and one can just go straight to Weistec. And the best part? Save money in doing so because you don't have to pay more FOR THE EXACT SAME THING.

And yes, when I spoke to Andy back in the day he was very negative about Weistec but what he was really upset about was not getting a bigger cut of $ from selling their SC kits.

I hope it's finally over, good riddance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    They told him to get lost after all the headaches.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)

Very interesting.

In light of everything that has transpired on this forum and MBWorld, Weistec is doing business with MHP?

Or, perhaps not any more?

Did Weistec have an agreement with MHP that they would tune the ECUs and allow MHP to call it an 'MHP' tune?
    They helped people out who were having trouble. They could have easily told them all to F off but they fixed the problems. They didn't even take credit for it. My mind is blown.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)

I am not so sure I would describe it as mutually beneficial, pretty clear it benefitted MHP more than Weistec considering MHP got to live under the guise of having tuned the worlds fastest N/A and NOS car when in truth it was a Weistec custom tune all along. At least the truth is out there now. I can not see many people moving forward with MHP tunes after news of this spreads, why deal with a middle man or broker when you can go straight to the source?

Since this is so big I'll write something to clear it up in a professional manner so people don't get the wrong idea here. But yes, you're right, why pay markup for the same thing? Why not actually deal with the real talent?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They told him to get lost after all the headaches.
    You'r a day late my friend, as I already said that.

Now send me my Benz shirt, LOL

Or at least buy me a beer this year at timmeyClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    You'r a day late my friend, as I already said that.

Now send me my Benz shirt, LOL

Or at least buy me a beer this year at timmeyClick here to enlarge
    When Benz shirts are ready... you got it.

And beers come naturally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Andy was posting like mad over on Private Lounge all weekend, then word of this surfaced and he has not made so much as a peep. When do you think we will be graced by him or one of his phantom usernames or somebody talking for him?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)

Andy was posting like mad over on Private Lounge all weekend, then word of this surfaced and he has not made so much as a peep. When do you think we will be graced by him or one of his phantom usernames or somebody talking for him?
    Best for him to just stay quiet and move on with his life. He's done here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I assume the mhp supercharger tune he sold was the same tuning which come when you bought a weistec sc ?

trowing money out the window :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jiaim Click here to enlarge
    I assume the mhp supercharger tune he sold was the same tuning which come when you bought a weistec sc ?

trowing money out the window :p
    From what I understand he (Andy) sold the Weistec kit to people for a certain price which included the Weistec tune but then charged them extra for his tune that didn't work.