Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

After today, I consider Harold and HP Autowerks one of the best vendors out there!

So I will be brief but here is my story, and why I now officially love HP Autowerks and what harold does over there.

I ordered a Wavetrac LSD from Harold a couple weeks back for my 09 335i.
    He did not have any on hand in stock so contacted wavetrac who did, and arranged for drop shipment from them to me. I called Fall Line Motorsports here in the Chicago area and scheduled my install for this morning.

Got there this morning LSD in hand and dropped the car off. Patiently waiting for the ready call so I can now shred both my tires at the same time instead of oneClick here to enlarge Call comes...car is apart on the rack, LSD is the wrong one. I had gotten the larger one for 07 cars. They suggested I do the obvious and contact Harold.

I pulled up my order invoice first to ensure I didn't screw up and order the wrong one which I did not, then called Harold. Explained the situation said I verified my order was for correct part, he checks his correspondence with wavetrac, also for the correct part. So we now know that wavetrac dropped the ball screwed up my order and shipped me the wrong LSD, it was not even Harold's fault and nothing he could have done to prevent it.

I express my dissatisfaction with the situation, especially since I am now hours deep in shop time at fall line. I asked if he had the correct unit on hand to overnight so I dont have to reassemble and go back again. He did not. He called wavetrac, they did not. Said he would call me back. Phone rings 2 minutes later and says I have the quaife in stock for your car I can overnight it to the shop free of charge, and for the same price as the wavetrac(which he already gave me an amazing deal on) I said ok let's do it. 10 minutes later I got a tracking number from him, scheduled delivery tomorrow by 10:30.

This whole exchange between the shop, myself, and Harold was a total of maybe 20 minutes. He was immediately apologetic even though it was not his fault in any way, and went above and beyond to make it right immediately. Not to mention he is now losing a decent bit of money on this deal. Essentially selling a quaife for under $1200, paying for overnight express FedEx which from cali on a 25lb package is well over $100, and paying return shipping on the incorrect wavetrac. That is what I consider absolutely stellar customer service, and I can guarantee that in the future if Harold and HP Autowerks has something I am looking for I will come to them first, and so should you!

Hat's off to you today Harold, job well done. Customer service like that nowadays is a true rarity. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Glad to hear it. Sounds like he actually treated you right Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Overnight free of charge? Wow, ok, I'm sold.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, something that other vendors can learn from.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've had nothing but great experiences with Harold from HP Autowerks as well. Good guy!
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I ever opt for LSD, I will call him first!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've also had great experiences with HP Autowerks.

He might have lost a good deal of money on that but it got him a lot of good publicity if you let everyone know how well you were treated. I'm sure he'll come out on top in the end. He's a great guy.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 for HP Autowerks... I bought my Akrapovic DPs from them, they were a shelf set & I got them less than 1/2 off with shipping. Really professional guys, got my tracking info real quick & the product arrived all boxed up nicely. Just need to get them to be a vendor over here.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    +1 for HP Autowerks... I bought my Akrapovic DPs from them, they were a shelf set & I got them less than 1/2 off with shipping. Really professional guys, got my tracking info real quick & the product arrived all boxed up nicely. Just need to get them to be a vendor over here.
    Would nice considering how happy people seem to be with their service.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale