Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

You dont need guns

http://nation.foxnews.com/us-imam/20...-us-wage-jihad

who cares what they say, you can wait for the overweight, ill-trained, and complacent police officer to arrive in 1-20 minutes and protect you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Wage Jihad? Ok Homeland Security is probably already at his house.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wage Jihad? Ok Homeland Security is probably already at his house.
    no, that would be profiling. they are on their way to our house's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Why do you let the mainstream media rile you up?

$#@!s say asshat sh?t all the time!

Profiling and discrimination happen all the time!

Speed kills, but speed is in every car wreck, so.....

Don't look at the man behind the curtain pulling the levers, cause their pulling yours!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Speed does not kill, the sudden stop is the killer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I don't need guns, I just want to own as many as possible. Click here to enlarge

Just thought I would throw that out there...

I just bought a Sig P229 Elite and love it... I am not a big fan of non-polymer framed guns (weigh a lot) - but for some reason, I am in love with this thing. It has be best "feel" out of any sidearm I have used so far - it's an outstanding piece of craftsmanship. I wasn't really sure about the night-sights either, but they are pretty cool - hopefully never will be used, but still pretty cool.

For some reason, I am more accurate with this than with my competition Glock - however, I haven't put enough rounds in either to say this with confidence. I am just thinking it's the ergonomics of the pistol that is helping me shoot better with it - I am guessing past 25 yards, the Glock will win again. For a carry gun however, I would recommend the Sig to anyone... It's that good - regardless of the price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I don't need guns, I just want to own as many as possible. Click here to enlarge

I just bought a Sig P229 Elite and love it... I am not a big fan of non-polymer framed guns (weigh a lot) - but for some reason, I am in love with this thing. It has be best "feel" out of any sidearm I have used so far - it's an outstanding piece of craftsmanship. I wasn't really sure about the night-sights either, but they are pretty cool - hopefully never will be used, but still pretty cool.

For some reason, I am more accurate with this than with my competition Glock - however, I haven't put enough rounds in either to say this with confidence. I am just thinking it's the ergonomics of the pistol that is helping me shoot better with it - I am guessing past 25 yards, the Glock will win again. For a carry gun however, I would recommend the Sig to anyone... It's that good - regardless of the price.
    while looking for a G19 (they were out) i handled the XDM, it felt AMAZING. personally, for a personal weapon, that was going to be my choice. it felt good in the hands, had good weight and balance as well. didnt get to fire it though. I assume thats how you feel about the sig.

As for accuracy with the Glock, its a common issue. i recently went to a course and had to use a G17. my first time using it, I was almost sent home o the first day because i was not on target at all. Luckily, my grouping was great and the evaluator realized this. over the next few days, the instructors tried all sorts of things to get me on point, the armorer suggested we move the sights, but i was confident it was me, and not the weapon. I searched it and sure enough, lots of people pull shots left with it.
    not having enough time to fully perfect it, myself an the evaluators decided, that for the marksmanship qualification portion, that i just hold-off (move MY point of aim right) just to pass, but that I had to correct whatever issue i have with it on my own time as it would present itself in realworld situations.
    Sure enough, when i started clearing rooms and had to transition to pistol, the first shot was high and left, 2nd shot was as intended though. hence looking for a 19- something to get my glock skills on point, but also carry concealed when i leave this hell-hole state, as well as teach the Mrs how to use..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    while looking for a G19 (they were out) i handled the XDM, it felt AMAZING. personally, for a personal weapon, that was going to be my choice. it felt good in the hands, had good weight and balance as well. didnt get to fire it though. I assume thats how you feel about the sig.

As for accuracy with the Glock, its a common issue. i recently went to a course and had to use a G17. my first time using it, I was almost sent home o the first day because i was not on target at all. Luckily, my grouping was great and the evaluator realized this. over the next few days, the instructors tried all sorts of things to get me on point, the armorer suggested we move the sights, but i was confident it was me, and not the weapon. I searched it and sure enough, lots of people pull shots left with it.
    not having enough time to fully perfect it, myself an the evaluators decided, that for the marksmanship qualification portion, that i just hold-off (move MY point of aim right) just to pass, but that I had to correct whatever issue i have with it on my own time as it would present itself in realworld situations.
    Sure enough, when i started clearing rooms and had to transition to pistol, the first shot was high and left, 2nd shot was as intended though. hence looking for a 19- something to get my glock skills on point, but also carry concealed when i leave this hell-hole state, as well as teach the Mrs how to use..
    I can't agree more... To be completely honest, I really really am upset I didn't go with the XDM instead of the Glock (35 - generation 4)... As you said, the XDM just feels great - I would say it's the closest thing I have used to the Sig in terms of overall feel. Everything about the XDM felt "natural" - which allowed me to be a better shot with it straight away than with my Glock. I have an upgraded trigger, and some other minor things for the Glock - but have the same issue as you - I pull left (and a bit up) with it. Nothing crazy - can still keep decent groups like you mention, just that the groups are off. Click here to enlarge

I have heard many people complain of this in regard to the Glock, and would love an answer as to why this is... If I were to redo the entire thing, I would probably do two things - stay away from .40 and go with the XDM (for competition). .40 is a nice round, but is very SNAPPY in terms of recoil... Makes it difficult to get good/quick follow-ups in my opinion. They are BOTH excellent choices though - just saying for ME, after trying out both (and owning one) - I would personally pay the difference and get the XDM. My g/f dislikes the Glock so much that she won't shoot it. It actually tore her hands up a bit - she has small hands, and that probably plays into it as it's a full-size frame/gun - but the ergonomics are just not there, whereas with the XDM - they are.

Ever try a Sig? I was never a big fan of spending a ton of money on a carry pistol, but it was probably the best pistol purchase I have made. I highly recommend giving it a shot (no pun int.).

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge

I have 3 Sigs. P220, P229 and P239. I've had the P220 well over 10 years, so I'm definitely accustomed to their ergonomics and controls. I shot a buddy's Glock at the range a while back (while that sort of thing was still legal in CO) and it felt totally awkward. I think the angle of the grip is the big difference...

Anyway, you should find your Sig to be very reliable and not picky at all on ammo brand. One of the reasons I love mine. Click here to enlarge
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

So far, it's been awesome. It's so hard to find (sanely priced) ammo right now though - so I can't say for sure how reliable it is. It's good to hear someone else who actually has a Sig that says it's reliable regardless of ammo type.

Do you reload?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ammo availability is why i prefer 9mm. .223 and 9mm, NATO and US military used= can always pick it up (AKA Scavenger Perk Click here to enlarge )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Scavenger perk is main reason I went to the AR platform instead of old WWII rifles (I.e. M1 Garand)...

I don't reload, mainly because I feel like it's a huge time drain that I'm not willing to commit to. Since we usually shoot on nat'l forest land, we pick up all our brass, so I could have a pretty good source to draw from at some point.

i do hope ammo becomes more available. Can't even get some .22 to go practice with.
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Why is ammo hard to find? I don't get it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Why is ammo hard to find? I don't get it.
    A) Obama and his idiots tried to pass some gun control laws based on emotions, not facts. People got scared, and bought every bit of ammo/guns you could find. Manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up with demand, not to mention DHS put an order in for 4 million rounds I think? And tried to push their way to the front of the line.

B) Hunting season in the winter usually saps supplies a little..but I dont think very many people went hunting this year lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Sounds like a good time to be an ammo manufacturer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sounds like a good time to be an ammo manufacturer.
    Or a sporting goods retailer. Before the Sandy Hook shootings, you could get 5.56mm NATO for about $0.30 per round. After, and due to the reasons @Itsbrokeagain noted, it's anywhere from $0.70 to $1.00 per round... IF you can even find it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Can't even get some .22 to go practice with.
    I ordered some .22 rounds from Cabela's, only 1000 rounds mind you, and it took 4.5 months to receive. My .223 rounds took "only" 3 months from Cabela's.

Law enforcement is even having a tough time sourcing ammo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

When I do need the police, my 911 calls almost always go like this:

Yea, there is a guy with (insert description) waving around a gun and yelling at nobody, my location is (state address). He is saying something about setting the world on fire, hell I don't know to scared to see what he is doing... oh $#@!, he saw me. Hang up the phone, don't answer when they call back and wait. Cops will be there in just a minute or two. They will pull guns on the poor guy that is creeping around in your neighbor hood and it will be the last time he ventures into your area poking around in back yards or looking inside cars. Works every time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade Click here to enlarge
    When I do need the police, my 911 calls almost always go like this:

Yea, there is a guy with (insert description) waving around a gun and yelling at nobody, my location is (state address). He is saying something about setting the world on fire, hell I don't know to scared to see what he is doing... oh $#@!, he saw me. Hang up the phone, don't answer when they call back and wait. Cops will be there in just a minute or two. They will pull guns on the poor guy that is creeping around in your neighbor hood and it will be the last time he ventures into your area poking around in back yards or looking inside cars. Works every time.
    problem is, what do you do when he actually see's you, and comes after you..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

problem is, what do you do when he actually see's you, and comes after you..?
    The post was sarcastic in nature but if he comes after you is why you own a gun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

ammo availability is why i prefer 9mm. .223 and 9mm, NATO and US military used= can always pick it up (AKA Scavenger Perk Click here to enlarge )
    That's the biggest problem for me. I cannot find 9 mm ammo for the life of me; where you find it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

ever try the m&p great gun ! I have shot them all and yes I still like glocks as soon as you get use to them there a great gun .the xd hate the safety .not good for a carry weapon imho.
    carry a m&p 9c daily and its very accurate and after over 5000 rounds or more not one misfire /failure to feed nothing its been flawless. highly recommend trying one if you are in the market for a 9mm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The post was sarcastic in nature but if he comes after you is why you own a gun.
    Yep!