Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: FBO 335 Vs Tuned M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    which it is, as the time fram SAC was known to be inflated, you admit this in anti shiv threads. Its common knowledge. more than enough for 11's? then wher are the slips? oh they dont exist?
    I mean I guess I have to keep repeating myself because not everyone is on a level playing field here.

Sac years ago supposedly "read fast" as became the rumor. Did it? Maybe but it was calibrated again and this only applied to the trap speed not the ET anyway. The NHRA also doesn't have a problem with it so it seems the track reads perfectly accurately as it has any time I have been there. You haven't ever been there or ran there.

Regardless, I'm curious as to how your whole argument depends on a "bogus" track yet the problem was never the elapsed time readout and the issue here is over an elapsed time. So, you aren't even arguing well. Honestly, even someone of average intelligence would make a more logical argument. Take a breath, I feel like I'm speaking to a child.
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The amount of M3's that have run 11's poses has absolutely no relevance to whether the car is capable of 11's.

This is a topic from years ago, it's been proven, it didn't even need to be proved IMO, and your understanding of the platform is rather sad at this point considering you have the car. It's embarrassing really.

The M3 11 second debate took place back in 2008-2009...
    This is laughable. I'm actually embarrassed for you to type something like this.

1. I have literally years more racing experience than you.
    2.I have infinite more knowledge of M3 performance than you.
    3. I have thousands more miles in both N/A and FI DCT M3's than you.
    4. You have been proven wrong on every comment so far in this thread.
    5. You are an embarrassment to the E9x M3 community with your defense of the absurd claims made in here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

This is laughable. I'm actually embarrassed for you to type something like this.
    Well you certainly appear to be one to judge.

And you still haven't figured out how the 60 foot and ET relate? I mean we learn at different rates, it's ok.

This is one of the best things I have ever read on this site. I think I might make a poster with this or a T-Shirt.

My miles have all been faster though.

I'm guessing this is the person judging?

Click here to enlarge

5. You are an embarrassment to the E9x M3 community with your defense of the absurd claims made in here.
    The embarassment is supporting a proven claim? Silly ole me.

So the M3 can't run 11's NA eh? Wow, it's 2008 again.

The E46 M3 has gone 12.7@107 stock on stock rubber BTW, but you know infinitely more than me so you probably knew that.
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Although this is purely mathematics/physics/theory - but given the M3 weight of 3500 lbs, and a trap of 115 mph, the following ET is estimated with a 1.7s 60ft: 11.8s

Given 400 horsepower at the wheels (not sure how possible that is, but I would say it could be) and 3500 lbs we get 115.5 MPH and 11.78s

Given an ET of 11.99s and 3500 lb weight, we get a calculated WHP of 401.33

Three different 1/4 mile calculators (calculating power from ET/weight, ET from power and weight, and ET from a 60 foot and trap) - all within a few percentage point variance of what MIGHT be possible. I am not saying it is -but mathematically it looks like it would be if you had the conditions. I know people hate bench racing - but physics is what dictates results in my book. Click here to enlarge

I honestly am curious now. I need to get a test pipe - primary cats suck the power out of this car...

I guess the real question is - is it possible to get into the 400RWP range with a FBO M3? I honestly have no clue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Although this is purely mathematics/physics/theory - but given the M3 weight of 3500 lbs, and a trap of 115 mph, the following ET is estimated with a 1.7s 60ft: 11.8s
    No kidding... pointless one-sided debate.

I guess the real question is - is it possible to get into the 400RWP range with a FBO M3? I honestly have no clue.
    Yes but the factor the calculators (whose math supports everything that has been achieved and stated so far) can't take into account is the dual clutch transmission. It's worth a bit of a bonus.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Good point... Didn't even factor that in. Now you have me curious what those calculators are using to factor in "shift speed/time". I think it's doable based on the above - but don't have the experience you guys have on the straight tracks. I definitely beat the crap out of my car (I should refrain from saying this in case I sell it, but then again - hopefully the person realizes that's what they are for). Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Good point... Didn't even factor that in. Now you have me curious what those calculators are using to factor in "shift speed/time". I think it's doable based on the above - but don't have the experience you guys have on the straight tracks. I definitely beat the crap out of my car (I should refrain from saying this in case I sell it, but then again - hopefully the person realizes that's what they are for). Click here to enlarge
    I've witnessed an E92 M3 on the strip hit 11's and held the first 1/4 mile record myself with bolt on's for over a year. My experience, the physics, the results, and the math all add up to support and prove the idea overwhelmingly. An M3 runs 11's and some people are so dense as to debate whether it is possible when it's already been done. It requires no debate, it's plain as day. The only reason there is debate is because it's an M3 and some people just hate on it due to their own personal issues. If you are going to hate on it, you may at least try to do so while having your facts straight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I will love to see a timeslip of a STOCK 100% M3 with street tires running 12.5's.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol the m3 runs 11s bro, not one has done it on a real track though. Did you hear the m3 with 600whp and a 130 trap can run 9s? Other cars can, so the m3 must be able to run it as well. In for the AA stage 2 m3 running high 9s at 130....FREAK of a car I tell you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Given 400 horsepower at the wheels (not sure how possible that is, but I would say it could be) and 3500 lbs we get 115.5 MPH and 11.78s

Given an ET of 11.99s and 3500 lb weight, we get a calculated WHP of 401.33

Three different 1/4 mile calculators (calculating power from ET/weight, ET from power and weight, and ET from a 60 foot and trap) - all within a few percentage point variance of what MIGHT be possible. I am not saying it is -but mathematically it looks like it would be if you had the conditions. I know people hate bench racing - but physics is what dictates results in my book. Click here to enlarge

I honestly am curious now. I need to get a test pipe - primary cats suck the power out of this car...

if you put it all together, an 11.x is possible with 115mph, the N/A M3 cannot do this. thats the issue

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

this.

im done arguing with stupidity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keikdasneak Click here to enlarge
    I will love to see a timeslip of a STOCK 100% M3 with street tires running 12.5's.

I have one somewhere, well, it was on my forgestars with PSS tires, but close enough

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I've witnessed an E92 M3 on the strip hit 11's and held the first 1/4 mile record myself with bolt on's for over a year. My experience, the physics, the results, and the math all add up to support and prove the idea overwhelmingly. An M3 runs 11's and some people are so dense as to debate whether it is possible when it's already been done. It requires no debate, it's plain as day. The only reason there is debate is because it's an M3 and some people just hate on it due to their own personal issues. If you are going to hate on it, you may at least try to do so while having your facts straight.
    @inlineS54B32
    what he doesnt tell you, is that 1 person in the world has done it, at a track that was known to be fast/improperly calculated. but he refuses to accept this because its the same place and time that HE set a mph world record in (which was smashed now btw), so admitting it hurts his argument in every other thread.

no other M3, with vastly more hp, less weight, better drivers, or even at "fast" tracks like ATco can come close to it..

he continues to talk about a car he has not driven in for over 2+ years, on a topic he knew nothing about then, and less about now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

@LostMarine easy killer, let it be...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Edit: read the rules

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lol. somehow ive gone down 200+ rep point in minutes with only a few neg reps.. odd how that happens Click here to enlarge

but hey, lets not talk about rep, lets talk about how delusional people are to think 1. Atco is fast, 2. N/A M3s are "fast"
    Hmm ironically ive had that happen everytime I prove someone wrong. Must be sticky glitch in the software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Hmm ironically ive had that happen everytime I prove someone wrong. Must be sticky glitch in the software.
    Same thing happened to me a while ago too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    Am I reading this right? There's no 900 HP M3 running around is there (E9x)?
    that is what he claimed....no dyno sheet lol! It was one of the fastest cats I have seen. It was real light blue, wife body kit ECT.
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS flash,Walbro 455 LPFP, Devils Own meth kit W/DO10 & DO7 nozzle's & 4-AN SS lines, BMS OCC, RB turbos W/3.5 N20 sensor, RB valve, BMS DCI, BMS angel eyes, 3" AR kittyless Dps, Strett stage 2 oil-cooler, ER FMIC, ER CP W/Synapse BOV, M3 control arms, meyle HD tie-rods, Wavetrac LSD, BC BR coil-overs, Power-Flex subframe bushings, Cusco Strut Brace, Concept 1 CS-5.0 rims,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, where's the info on this car? I remember a teaser or a tidbit or two (I think from you) in regards to this car, but not a whole lot more. If someone spent the time and money to take this platform to 900 HP you'd think there'd be a build thread or two on it unless it's still in the R&D stage.

I think there also may have been some specualation that this may have been a turbo versus a SC...??
    just going off what I was told, didn't know anything about it...all I know is it had a lot more than 500 Hp lol!
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS flash,Walbro 455 LPFP, Devils Own meth kit W/DO10 & DO7 nozzle's & 4-AN SS lines, BMS OCC, RB turbos W/3.5 N20 sensor, RB valve, BMS DCI, BMS angel eyes, 3" AR kittyless Dps, Strett stage 2 oil-cooler, ER FMIC, ER CP W/Synapse BOV, M3 control arms, meyle HD tie-rods, Wavetrac LSD, BC BR coil-overs, Power-Flex subframe bushings, Cusco Strut Brace, Concept 1 CS-5.0 rims,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keikdasneak Click here to enlarge
    That's what Road and Track hit with a 6-speed manual in Germany in cold air. It's on their site and there was a guy on m3post who did 12.5 or 12.6 I think.

Regardless, the E46 M3 ran a 12.7 stock so I don't know what to tell you if think the E92 M3 can't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

what he doesnt tell you, is that 1 person in the world has done it, at a track that was known to be fast/improperly calculated. but he refuses to accept this because its the same place and time that HE set a mph world record in (which was smashed now btw), so admitting it hurts his argument in every other thread.
    I set records and Famoaos and Sac, both of which I drag raced on. Famoso was the quicker strip btw, crazy eh?

Have you drag raced on both?

And the strip was re-calibrated before any of these runs so what are you talking about? And it was the trap speed that read fast, not the ET. Maybe you will accept that eventually.

on a topic he knew nothing about then, and less about now.
    Right, which is why my car is at the forefront of the platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    that is what he claimed....no dyno sheet lol!
    LOL is right...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Lol the m3 runs 11s bro, not one has done it on a real track though. Did you hear the m3 with 600whp and a 130 trap can run 9s? Other cars can, so the m3 must be able to run it as well. In for the AA stage 2 m3 running high 9s at 130....FREAK of a car I tell you.
    Nobody claimed an AA stage II car running high 9's @ 130. The claim has been all along that the M3 is capable of 11's with bolt ons which it has achieved and clearly is possible. Sorry basic math and basic reading reading comprehension blows your mind.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Negative captain. Try again. By your logic a mid 600 whp m3 should run 9s cause other cars can. ONE m3 ran 11s at a bull$#@! track. ONE, like the amount of people who agree with you, or the brain cells you have left, or maybe the amount of times you dct can currently shift without failing.
    Last edited by Laloosh; 05-20-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL why you guys continue to argue with "S65 LOST??? IMPOSSIBRUUUU" is beyond me. S65 is the best, there is no better motor, the N54 is $#@!e, let's all carry on now. Click here to enlarge

Let me leave this picture here....

Click here to enlarge

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast